02-05-12, 01:19 PM   #1
unholy_twist
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite not showing quests?

Not sure where to put this but while questing in Uldum my Carbonite quit showing quest locations and such. No more helpful colors to run to so I can find any of the things I need. I deleted the files and downloaded them again. I finished that toon and am not to far from leveling another but since I level like mad I like and really want my Carbonite back.

Everything else seems to work for some reason just will not show me how to complete the quests. And I hate using Blizz's built in helper. Please someone with knowledge of this please, please help me!

02-05-12, 05:00 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Make sure the green button on your Quest Watch header (the part with the colored buttons) is BRIGHT GREEN.

It's also possible that the quests you are doing aren't in Carbonites database, which means it will put a mark in the general questing area, but won't color overlay the questing area.

Any Carbonite user can help with the quest database. Read This Thread to see how.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

02-08-12, 08:39 PM   #3
aldenar
A Kobold Labourer
I am having a similar issue. before the latest patch update carbonite would show all the quests in a zone (i.e. blasted lands) the quest are still listed in my watch quests. but I can no longer view the map and see each quest location in different colors. I can only see where the quest area is when I click on a single quest.
This is frustrating because when I look at the map there are often other quests to complete in the same localized area.
Before i could have 3-5 quests in an area and the map would show where ever single one was overlapping the colors as needed. Now only 1 quest shows if clicked as an active quest
I have not modified the settings since the latest update by blizzard this past week. The "last" patch of cataclysm.
Any help would be nice

02-09-12, 01:58 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Look at the Quest Watch header (the part with the colored buttons) and make sure the green button is BRIGHT GREEN. Here's an explanation of the colored buttons and what each does:
Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List.
You could also open Carbonites options to the "Quest Watch" page and make sure the "Auto watch new quests" and "Auto watch changed quests" options are checked. On the Quest Watch header (the part with the colored buttons) there are two boxes with "arrows" in them on the left side. Click the left most (the tool tip will say "Menu" if you hover it) and choose "Watch All Quests" in the menu. Before you start questing, on the Quest Watch header, make sure the purple button is BRIGHT PURPLE, which means Carbonite will "Auto Track" your quests.

On the "Quest" page, under the "Quest map options" sub-heading, make sure the "Always show watched quest areas on map" and "Use one color per quest" options are checked.

Just a few things to check for.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-09-12 at 02:04 AM.

02-12-12, 08:25 AM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Look at the Quest Watch header (the part with the colored buttons) and make sure the green button is BRIGHT GREEN. Here's an explanation of the colored buttons and what each does:
Maybe I changed something accidentally, but I cannot see or find whichever Option item has to be toggled to get the Quest Watch header to display. It isn't above my Quest Watch list, as it used to be. So, how can I get it back again?

Thanks.

02-12-12, 08:57 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

As far as I know there is no option to hide the quest watch header. If you can see the quest watch you should be seeing the header.

02-12-12, 11:15 PM   #7
Chmee
A Molten Giant
It may be hidden under something.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite not showing quests?