12-30-07, 04:46 PM   #1
Aalorn
A Kobold Labourer
Spell Bar

I Wanna be able to put spells on the side of my screen and such instead of having to click from spell bar 1 to spell bar 2 etc... Is there an AddOn that can help me? If so, please post the link so I can download it ASAP. Thank You xD
12-30-07, 04:53 PM   #2
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You can do this without a mod.

In your 'Interface Options' screen click the 'Advanced Options' tab. Checking 'Show Bottom left ActionBar' , '.. Bottom Right ..', '.. Right ..', and '.. Right .. 2' will enable extra bars. You can pick and choose which and how many extra bars you want to add.

If you'd like to get fancy you can download one of the many available on this site. If I remember correctly Bongos was very easy to setup though I would recommend using the built in ones first.
12-30-07, 07:07 PM   #3
Ganaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I personally use Bartender3, http://www.wowinterface.com/download...artender3.html. Bongos also works well but it is not Ace.
12-30-07, 08:18 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Ganaw
but it is not Ace.
so what?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-31-07, 12:52 PM   #5
Ganaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Seerah
so what?
I have several mods and by keepng most of them Ace where possible I can update them all through the WAU application. Less time manually updating means more time playing (which in my case is limited being old, married, and a Daddy).
12-31-07, 02:23 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, but there are updaters that pull from multiple addon sites. I use Bartender3 myself, but because I like it the best. Everyone has their own reasons for using what they do. But by limiting yourself to only one addon site, you are limiting your options. There are some at wowace that are not as good as their counterparts located on other servers.

Anyway, just making sure that the word was out there (in general) that just because an addon is not located at that site, does not mean that it's not a good addon. Also was making sure that you didn't have the false notion that Ace = better.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-31-07, 03:25 PM   #7
Ganaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Agreed completely. I won't use something just cause its Ace'd but if I have two (or three or four) that I can't put anything between I'll take the Ace one for convenience.

And what updaters are you using? I've seen a few others but none that looked at mulitple sites tfrom what I could see. It would be a nice time saver.

Last edited by Ganaw : 12-31-07 at 03:29 PM.
12-31-07, 08:32 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There is a java one that works on multiple platforms. I haven't used it myself, but others are happy with it. I use WAU and just troll this site and other places for updates. There is a thread and link for it on the wowace forums, I believe.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Spell Bar