10-06-07, 08:49 PM   #1
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ex-veteran player returns... but need help :)

Hi, it's been a long time now since I quit WoW. But now I decided to play it again. However with all the updates, I am too behind to know what to do with interface anymore. Since I cannot stand to play WoW under the ugly default UI, I went and in process of creating my own. Over the past 6-12 months, I went back and play SRO (SilkRoad Online). So now I decided to use SRO's GUI as template for my WoW UI.

Here is a rough SS of it (this is from paint, since I don't have PSD installed have to copy pasted over paint one piece by one piece from PSD), the quality is low... and this is a 1/4 done, or a half done light version of what it supposed to be.

I was planning to either use DART/DUF as my main for the UI... but if anyone have any other suggestion over DART, please suggest so. As for other mods, please suggest me some of the good ones... I still in need to find a good one for combat log, such as this one shown from discordmods.com (http://www.discordmods.com/cgi-bin/s...pl?msgnum=2262). Oh, most importantly... unitbars (bongos? is that the best one atm?), and xpbar (i need to get one that allows me to do some tweaking to fit in that multiple boxes ~xp bar~ in the center). And finally castingbar.

Thanks a lot. Please help me out.
10-06-07, 08:57 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Welcome back For putting the art in-game, I would suggest using eePanels because right now DART has some problems. DUF still works ok. That combat log is EavesDrop, you can get it at files.wowace.com . Bongs would be fine. To get the xp bar into those boxes, you may need to make the backgrounds of the boxes a different tga or blp file, and have them behind the borders, and behind a xp bar (bongos has an XP bar, as does DUF). Quartz for the casting bar.

Hope that helps.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
10-06-07, 10:40 PM   #3
Anomaly25
A Fallenroot Satyr
For the xpbar you could use xpBarNone. Just make the boxes between the bars transparent in the .tga and just put it in a higher strata than the xpbar. I'd use eePanel aswell.
10-07-07, 05:04 AM   #4
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thanks a lot, I will give it a try.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Ex-veteran player returns... but need help :)