09-09-09, 12:08 AM   #1
rossman
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
my answer to xrystals question

Ever since Scott combined all the layout info into the nui/layout/default folder you have been able to create plugins(addons) for any of the layout sections in there. I setup a layout plugin for my n52te bar config and aura locations. I also use a custom console plugin. I have created a new player/target hud design plugin. I also use my new solo unit panel plugin. They are all separate plugins and when nui gets updated i have not had to go and modify anything. Now when nUI 6 comes out I am sure it will all change. Speaking of 6, Scott must be working hard I have not seen any posts in a few days. If you are interested in the details now just ask or wait for 6 when it will be Easier to create your custom layouts. You can see all the plugins I use in my SS.
I plan on releasing the unit and hud this week. There are a few more tweaks that need to happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090809_230558.jpg
Views:	986
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	3333  

09-09-09, 12:27 AM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I'm really liking those Ross!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

09-09-09, 01:03 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I like the solo unit frames... nice and shiny.. I like shinies!!

09-09-09, 01:43 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, althought I'm changing very little myself at the moment that is all because I didn't think creating an addon with the changes in would work but I guess now I see what Kodewulf posted that it truly is customisable.

And with 6.0 the possibilities could well be endless with the new customization abilities built into a gui instead of editing manually.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Developer Chat » my answer to xrystals question