09-30-14, 07:51 PM   #1
techsgtchen
A Theradrim Guardian

Talking Balance Power Tracker

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...erTracker.html

An addon author being interested in updating this addon to work with Warlords of Draenor 6.0.2 is what I pray for. I am searching for ways to become better at playing my Boomkin Druid and IcyVeins referrs to this addon as the best. However the last update was a couple years ago and the author said they are not playing. I loaded the addon up hoping that it would work still but there appears no way to move the lunar power bar around.

Thank you for sharing your Force. May the Goddess bless you.
10-01-14, 03:44 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've never played a moonkin past level 40 or so, but based on the screenshot that addon looks extremely similar to the default UI's eclipse bar. The only significant feature I see mentioned in the lengthy description is a prediction of how much eclipse power your current spellcast will add, but that hardly seems critical. If the addon were so amazing, either someone would have already updated it, or more addons would exist providing that feature.

Based on my experience playing other classes, I'd tell you that no addon will make you a better player. You've probably already read a guide telling you which spells to cast in which order, which talents to pick, which glyphs to use, which stats to reforge into, etc. -- now go figure out why you should do all those things.

If you're using an in-game "rotation helper" addon get rid of that crap -- all it does is turn you into one of Pavlov's dogs, mindlessly responding to the flashing icon. Your DPS may suffer in the short term while you learn to play your character yourself, but in the long term you'll be a better player overall.

And finally, while fixing your DPS rotation is easy, what really makes you a good player is knowing what is going on around you. It doesn't matter if you're top DPS in the first 30 seconds of the fight if you die to every fire, cleave, and voidzone. It doesn't matter if you're top DPS if a tank dies and you're too busy mashing buttons to notice and throw out a battle rez (though you should also know how to assess the overall situation to know whether it would be a wasted effort). Trying to micromanage your eclipse power isn't really going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things.
10-01-14, 12:57 PM   #3
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
In Warlords, Eclipse has changed to an automated back and forth starting in Lunar. So if the only thing that this addon adds is a prediction you won't need it anyway, because there won't be anything to predict.

10-02-14, 07:36 AM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Also woud like to see this updated in WoD, I personaly use it to just skin the Balance Power bar, have not seen any other addon that can do that. Here is a screenshot how nice it looks, its at the bottom right where I display combo points for other classes:

10-02-14, 10:57 AM   #5
Danielps1
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Also woud like to see this updated in WoD, I personaly use it to just skin the Balance Power bar, have not seen any other addon that can do that. Here is a screenshot how nice it looks, its at the bottom right where I display combo points for other classes:

Doesn't really fit in here. But what is that Addon to track your Cooldowns (under your Characterframe)
I know Coolline but was hoping there are some alternatives, also I can't find the Addon in your List of Addons in your LeilaUI list
10-02-14, 11:32 AM   #6
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Danielps1 View Post
Doesn't really fit in here. But what is that Addon to track your Cooldowns (under your Characterframe)
I know Coolline but was hoping there are some alternatives, also I can't find the Addon in your List of Addons in your LeilaUI list
Its Raven you can creat cooldown bars with it and normal buff bars.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Balance Power Tracker