08-08-17, 11:50 PM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AdiBags and Archeology

I'm thinking about writing a plugin for AdiBags that moves all the Archeology items into their own category. The basic items like the bought crates that give x amount of y faction are easy to get the itemIDs, as are the drop slot items that give 12-20+ to a faction relic. What I don't know quite how to handle are all the white items that you right click to create the currency for the crates.

There has to be several hundred, if not a few thousand of the white items by now, with more coming each expansion and/or content patch. I was thinking about scanning the player's inventory and bank bags for a text field, but I do not think there is a global string to match. Localization is not a big deal in that case. But what kind of code chunk would I use to do the scan? I do not think it is a scan of the tooltip, as that would require the player to mouse over each item first, and that is very inefficient.

Suggestions?
08-09-17, 02:55 AM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

You could dig through Archy's code. It has a button you click that crates any artifact in your bags, so they track all of those items somehow. It's probably a tooltip scan thing.
08-11-17, 10:15 PM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks, I think I found the code section in Archy. We'll see.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » AdiBags and Archeology