12-10-09, 11:17 PM   #1
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LDB Display Support

Scott,

I guess this is more of a question than a suggestion...

With the impending doom of Fubar we'll need another LDB Display that works with nUI. I know Titan Panel does, but I absolutely loath that addon. Will you be adding support for more LDB Displays?

/begs

12-11-09, 12:48 AM   #2
artphilia
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Scott,

I guess this is more of a question than a suggestion...

With the impending doom of Fubar we'll need another LDB Display that works with nUI. I know Titan Panel does, but I absolutely loath that addon. Will you be adding support for more LDB Displays?

/begs
*signed* I just gave Titan another shot, but the fact that the Panel decides which Broker goes where and not myself is 100% not acceptable, let alone everything ist leftbound.

I am certain somebody can recode the integration of Titan / FuBar for something like ChocolateBar - I see it's only very few lines of code in the respective files.

/begs aswell

12-11-09, 01:29 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I do want to build LDB integration into nUI if I can... but it's not at the top of the list. I'll see what I can do about integration of an alternative to Titan for those who so desire.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-11-09, 07:33 AM   #4
Alpha Dog
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Like others, I didn't like FuBar or Titan Panel, Then I found Bazooka & with FuBar2Broker installed most Fubar apps work just fine.

Hope this is of some help

Devilmon

12-11-09, 12:33 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by artphilia View Post
*signed* I just gave Titan another shot, but the fact that the Panel decides which Broker goes where and not myself is 100% not acceptable, let alone everything ist leftbound.

I am certain somebody can recode the integration of Titan / FuBar for something like ChocolateBar - I see it's only very few lines of code in the respective files.

/begs aswell
I tried Chocolatebar, too. Unfortunately it didn't push down the top nUI panel like Fubar does.

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I do want to build LDB integration into nUI if I can... but it's not at the top of the list. I'll see what I can do about integration of an alternative to Titan for those who so desire.
I wouldn't even mind a plugin to be honest. Although either way I suppose it would help to know what LDB Displays are the most predominantly used in the nUI community.

12-11-09, 12:38 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
Like others, I didn't like FuBar or Titan Panel, Then I found Bazooka & with FuBar2Broker installed most Fubar apps work just fine.

Hope this is of some help

Devilmon

Was just going to try Bazooka, so I did a search and.... oooo I didn't know that Kodewulf did a nUI plugin for Bazooka!

I'm off to try both Bazooka and Kodewulf's plugin!

12-11-09, 03:20 PM   #7
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Was just going to try Bazooka, so I did a search and.... oooo I didn't know that Kodewulf did a nUI plugin for Bazooka!

I'm off to try both Bazooka and Kodewulf's plugin!
It's still a work in progress. It's not very bright, so you'll unfortunately have to stick to only 1 bar at the top and 1 bar at the bottom.

12-12-09, 03:06 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kodewulf View Post
It's still a work in progress. It's not very bright, so you'll unfortunately have to stick to only 1 bar at the top and 1 bar at the bottom.

One bar is all I need.

12-12-09, 10:39 AM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

For what it's worth... Brillynt just sent me an integration file for nUI that works the same way as the nUI Titan Panel and FuBar integrations work. I'll be including it in the next update to nUI so we'll have built in integration of ChocolateBar going forward.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-12-09, 11:14 AM   #10
mitch0
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kodewulf View Post

Hi,

The "multiple top bars" setup is a bit-of-a-pain in bazooka now (you need to adjust "tweak positions" and such). I'll try to come up with better / more intuitive way that is also "simple" code-wise. In any case, if you got any issues with regards to this integration, drop a note on the bazooka comments page.

cheers,
mitch

12-12-09, 11:16 AM   #11
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
For what it's worth... Brillynt just sent me an integration file for nUI that works the same way as the nUI Titan Panel and FuBar integrations work. I'll be including it in the next update to nUI so we'll have built in integration of ChocolateBar going forward.
Thank you Brillynt for the integration

and of course,

Thank you Scott for nUI

12-12-09, 11:37 PM   #12
Brillynt
A Black Drake

It was interesting to add support for Chocolate Bar. Every time I dig into Scott's code to see how he implemented something I am impressed with his coding style and attention to details. My only thing I don't like about the Chocolate Bar integration is the amount of empty space between the top bar(s) and the console area of nUI.

But again I enjoyed adding this to nUI as I was getting concerned about how much longer Fubar will live.

Brillynt

12-14-09, 01:45 PM   #13
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Brillynt View Post
It was interesting to add support for Chocolate Bar. Every time I dig into Scott's code to see how he implemented something I am impressed with his coding style and attention to details. My only thing I don't like about the Chocolate Bar integration is the amount of empty space between the top bar(s) and the console area of nUI.

But again I enjoyed adding this to nUI as I was getting concerned about how much longer Fubar will live.

Brillynt
I <3 you and Scott!

Marth

12-28-09, 09:04 AM   #14
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Am rather new to nUI, having only used it now for about a week. After Mazzle disappeared, I started building my own UI (finding default blizz lacking alot, and because I am a lazy player)... and eventually got fed up with the redunancy of embeded libs because of the various addons I used. Got so bad, my loggin took forever...

.... but moving to the point I am trying to make: I was (and still am) a DockingStation user. It's extremely user friendly, and highly customizable, and can display multiple bars so that you can actually leave the top center panel in place, and build a LDB display around it. Am not sure if you all have looked at DS, but I find it does not lose any LDB items, and the only error I get from it at this time is a tooltip problem (which I can live with as it seems to disappear after reporting it once to Swatter). Seems its something between DS and nUI, but for now, I am too busy relearning how to play with nUI and 'less' addons, to report it. Will get around to doing that in the next few days.

Anywho... just a thought and a suggestion on the multiple bar/LDB suggestion brought up here.

12-28-09, 03:42 PM   #15
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by LadySilverwolf View Post
Am rather new to nUI, having only used it now for about a week. After Mazzle disappeared, I started building my own UI (finding default blizz lacking alot, and because I am a lazy player)... and eventually got fed up with the redunancy of embeded libs because of the various addons I used. Got so bad, my loggin took forever...

.... but moving to the point I am trying to make: I was (and still am) a DockingStation user. It's extremely user friendly, and highly customizable, and can display multiple bars so that you can actually leave the top center panel in place, and build a LDB display around it. Am not sure if you all have looked at DS, but I find it does not lose any LDB items, and the only error I get from it at this time is a tooltip problem (which I can live with as it seems to disappear after reporting it once to Swatter). Seems its something between DS and nUI, but for now, I am too busy relearning how to play with nUI and 'less' addons, to report it. Will get around to doing that in the next few days.

Anywho... just a thought and a suggestion on the multiple bar/LDB suggestion brought up here.
That is the same reason I moved to nUI. I tried working on the Mazzle UI to get it running but it turned into a nightmare trying to figure out what was where.

I did create my own button setup similiar to the way mazzle configured buttons and keybindings so that when I level up a new toon I dont have to set up the keybindings and button placement.

Brillynt

12-28-09, 04:44 PM   #16
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Brillynt - any incentive to making that into an nUI plugin?

Marth

12-28-09, 05:12 PM   #17
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
Brillynt - any incentive to making that into an nUI plugin?

I have asked Mazzlefizz permission to use his setup and I am waiting for a answer. The only real issue I have right now with the button setup is for classes that change stances or forms since the main action bar changes and I dont know if you can programattically change stances and forms with out a button click. Maybe Scott can enlighten me on this topic. What I was thinking was if I have to click a button then I would just dynamically create a button for the user to click to the specific stance/form, then fill in the current action bar with the abilities and keybindings. Similiar to now doing it manually for example setup your caster bar switch to bear setup your main bar, switch to cat form setup main action bar...

Brillynt

12-29-09, 07:13 AM   #18
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
That is the same reason I moved to nUI. I tried working on the Mazzle UI to get it running but it turned into a nightmare trying to figure out what was where.

I did create my own button setup similiar to the way mazzle configured buttons and keybindings so that when I level up a new toon I dont have to set up the keybindings and button placement.

Brillynt
Amazing. I, on the other hand, did it the hard way (cuz I don't know the lua language... yet... I am gonna buy a certain book...) and went through Mazzlefizz's code to FIND the keybinds and wrote it down on paper for my priest. And now I keybind based off of those notes.

If you ever do get that permission, I think I will be one of the first (in a long line of many others) who would be willing to help test/and or use your binding sequence.

01-07-10, 09:10 AM   #19
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by LadySilverwolf View Post
Amazing. I, on the other hand, did it the hard way (cuz I don't know the lua language... yet... I am gonna buy a certain book...) and went through Mazzlefizz's code to FIND the keybinds and wrote it down on paper for my priest. And now I keybind based off of those notes.

If you ever do get that permission, I think I will be one of the first (in a long line of many others) who would be willing to help test/and or use your binding sequence.
I did receive permission from Mazzlefizz, so I am working on making my button configuration ready for prime time so I think sometime next week it will be available.

Brillynt

01-07-10, 10:00 AM   #20
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
I did receive permission from Mazzlefizz, so I am working on making my button configuration ready for prime time so I think sometime next week it will be available.

Brillynt
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Marth

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » LDB Display Support