08-18-08, 12:35 PM   #21
Coolit
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Veniche View Post
Strife212:
1. Someone might correct me on this, but using Carbonite's quest tracker, you aren't able to shift-click quests from the log to add/remove them to it.
Hi, Firstly when I disable carbonate its exactly the same. My problem is that when I want to start a quest, say a daily, as soon as i click on the character serving the quest, I do not get the option to read the quest and accept or decline it, the new quest log seems to automaticly accept the quest then closes.

Thanks for the help, got the rest sorted now except gatherer and the quest log
08-18-08, 03:47 PM   #22
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh that's different, I misunderstood your question, its auto-accepting quest addon specifically designed to speed up the dailies process, Sick Of Clicking Dailies.

You can access the configuration window with /socd, there you can toggle which quests will be auto-accepted, and the rewards you would like to recieve (if applicable).

Last edited by Veniche : 08-18-08 at 05:09 PM.
08-18-08, 07:04 PM   #23
Coolit
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh that's different, I misunderstood your question, its auto-accepting quest addon specifically designed to speed up the dailies process, Sick Of Clicking Dailies.

You can access the configuration window with /socd, there you can toggle which quests will be auto-accepted, and the rewards you would like to recieve (if applicable).
Great, thanks
08-21-08, 07:36 AM   #24
Draagzmoga
A Defias Bandit
Setting up action bars

Awesome compilation, installed it last night. I don't plan on changing a thing, just looking for some help setting up the action bars. Need help with dropping spells and abilities onto the bars, and then setting up keybindings.

P.S. - I have no experience with using trinity at all.

Thanks for the help.
08-21-08, 11:07 AM   #25
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Start with this command:
/trinity lock

That will toggle the button lock, making it easier for you to move things around. Even if the buttons are locked, using SHIFT+drag will allow you to move the buttons.

Now you can clear out all the existing action buttons except for two little ones next to your chat (Toggle viewport and Toggle chat logging) and two on the right side of the main action bar, these two will always show your trinkets.

They can be used as if they were the trinket slots on your character frame, i.e. equip/un-equip and switch in a new trinket without opening your character frame.

Adding spells is just like any bar mod, just drag them from your spellbook onto the bars.

As for key bindings (if you've used Bongos it's very similar), you'll find a little green key at the top of your Spellbook and Macro frames. This will activate key binding mode, where you can hover the mouse over any button anywhere (Action Bars, Spellbook, Macros frame) and press the key binding you would like to assign to that spell.

EDIT: To see the key bindings on the buttons, use the command /trinity menu, then go to Global Options on the left, and check the circle next to Enable Key Bind Text

When you're done assigning key bindings, click the green key again to deactivate the key binding mode.

Hopefully this will help you get started

Last edited by Veniche : 08-21-08 at 11:11 AM.
08-21-08, 12:20 PM   #26
Draagzmoga
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

Start with this command:
/trinity lock

That will toggle the button lock, making it easier for you to move things around. Even if the buttons are locked, using SHIFT+drag will allow you to move the buttons.

Now you can clear out all the existing action buttons except for two little ones next to your chat (Toggle viewport and Toggle chat logging) and two on the right side of the main action bar, these two will always show your trinkets.

They can be used as if they were the trinket slots on your character frame, i.e. equip/un-equip and switch in a new trinket without opening your character frame.

Adding spells is just like any bar mod, just drag them from your spellbook onto the bars.

As for key bindings (if you've used Bongos it's very similar), you'll find a little green key at the top of your Spellbook and Macro frames. This will activate key binding mode, where you can hover the mouse over any button anywhere (Action Bars, Spellbook, Macros frame) and press the key binding you would like to assign to that spell.

EDIT: To see the key bindings on the buttons, use the command /trinity menu, then go to Global Options on the left, and check the circle next to Enable Key Bind Text

When you're done assigning key bindings, click the green key again to deactivate the key binding mode.

Hopefully this will help you get started
Woot! Those instructions should do it. I'll be setting up my bars when I get home later. Most of today went towards researching the mods you incorporated, to get an idea of what the heck they all do and how they work (since I've never seen most of them), in case I need to do some tweaking.

Anyway, thanks again.
08-21-08, 03:49 PM   #27
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

10/10 wow Veniche this whole UI of yours it's just freaking amazing i love it and i' m using it right now
08-29-08, 03:25 PM   #28
tUCNA
A Kobold Labourer
Awesome UI but I have a few questions.
1. can you turn off the fading of the chat? (at the left)
2. Can you turn off the fading of my health+man bars?
08-30-08, 12:16 AM   #29
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by tUCNA View Post
Awesome UI but I have a few questions.
1. can you turn off the fading of the chat? (at the left)
2. Can you turn off the fading of my health+man bars?
1. I'm guessing you mean the minimizing of chat, which is controlled by the addon MiniChat, just disable it. Your chat windows may move around or get resized by doing this. Just unlock them and put them back where they belong.

2. /pitbull, then go to Modules and disable Combat Fader.
09-01-08, 01:00 AM   #30
MIKE91692
A Kobold Labourer
Meh, I love the UI but those 15 or so keybinds are the only ones you can use? I was setting up my keybinds and i noticed that there is no separate keybinds while in stealth. I previously used the default UI, and with that, when your in stealth you could use 1/2/3/4/5 ect with different keybinds. Like for your keybind for "1", non stealth you could have like hemo or something, then in stealth, you could use sap.

Any way to do that?
09-02-08, 09:33 AM   #31
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
MIKE91692, I've quoted myself from the comments section on how to do this:

Originally Posted by Veniche
Adding action/stance bars for netterann and anyone else interested:

1. /trinity dockedit
2. Right click the action bar you wish to make into a stance bar. A window will appear.
3. Check the circle next to the appropriate conditions (Stance, stealth, party, etc.)
4. Enter that particular condition, since Trinty isn't able to emulate them.
5. Once in that condition, you will have to add buttons to this bar by going to dropdown menu under Adjustable Options, selecting Button Count and changing this value with the - and +.

To make a whole new action bar, at step 2. Click the Create button under Dock Options when the configuration window appears. Right-click this new bar to select it, and add buttons as described above.
09-02-08, 11:19 AM   #32
Sorrowbone
A Defias Bandit
Hi.

Thanks for releasing an uber UI

I do have a few questions.

Firstly, after installing this UI, even when I still press 1 - 9 and - =, my action bar buttons still work like that. However, this bar is hidden. Does this mean I have to reset my key bindings so that the bars I can see work by using 1 - 9 and - =?

Secondly, is there a way you can enable this? I want it so that I can hold down the "Alt" key, and the action bars swap to a new set of action bars so I can store more buttons. So I can quickly find my abilities by holding Alt and the bars will change.

Lastly, why do the Class Timers not track my Totems? :S
09-02-08, 04:23 PM   #33
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Sorrowbone View Post
Hi.

Thanks for releasing an uber UI

I do have a few questions.

Firstly, after installing this UI, even when I still press 1 - 9 and - =, my action bar buttons still work like that. However, this bar is hidden. Does this mean I have to reset my key bindings so that the bars I can see work by using 1 - 9 and - =?

Secondly, is there a way you can enable this? I want it so that I can hold down the "Alt" key, and the action bars swap to a new set of action bars so I can store more buttons. So I can quickly find my abilities by holding Alt and the bars will change.

Lastly, why do the Class Timers not track my Totems? :S
You will need to bind your actions and spells from now on using Trinity. Click the little green key at the top of your spellbook to activate the keybinding mode where you can hover over spells or action buttons and press the binding you wish to assign. This method is a lot faster and easier than the Blizzard key binding interface, so reassigning everything won't take too long.

See my post above for instructions on how to make an ALT bar. You will find the option to create an ALT bar on Step 3 of my instructions.

Your last question surprises me, so I just rolled a level 1 shaman to check whether ClassTimers even comes with the option for totems, and you are right.

You could try substituting the shaman AutoBar (the one that the Set-Up instructions have you hide) for timers or try other other totem timers. I apologize about this inconvenience
09-03-08, 01:05 PM   #34
Sorrowbone
A Defias Bandit
You will need to bind your actions and spells from now on using Trinity. Click the little green key at the top of your spellbook to activate the keybinding mode where you can hover over spells or action buttons and press the binding you wish to assign. This method is a lot faster and easier than the Blizzard key binding interface, so reassigning everything won't take too long.

See my post above for instructions on how to make an ALT bar. You will find the option to create an ALT bar on Step 3 of my instructions.

Your last question surprises me, so I just rolled a level 1 shaman to check whether ClassTimers even comes with the option for totems, and you are right.

You could try substituting the shaman AutoBar (the one that the Set-Up instructions have you hide) for timers or try other other totem timers. I apologize about this inconvenience
Cheers for the reply

In the end I somehow got the Totems to be timed on the bar in the top left corner. Weird

As for an extra bar / key bindings, thank you!
09-03-08, 02:41 PM   #35
TwoMSixer
A Murloc Raider
Hey, sweet UI. Ive spent the last week trying to configure my own personal one before giving in and downloading a premade. Love it though. I do agree with a previous poster though, bottom heavy or not, I think it would look better without the top bar. The middle part is useless, I dont see very many UIs anymore with the Talent, Skills, Character, Quest Log, etc. buttons. Not needed. I feel like the buffs and the other bar can either stay there without the background bar, or be moved to the side or bottom somewhere.

The way it is now, its got a cool feel to it, but it almost feels like Im looking through a visor or a helmet, feels like Im losing a lot of view, or "real estate", because of that top bar. Technically Im not, it takes up very little space, but it still feels like my view is very limited.

But anyway, the UI is working out very well for my Hunter. Better than some of the Hunter UIs Ive tried.

Couple questions:
I miss my Lightheaded/TomTom addons for questing. Do think these will be compatible if I throw them in?

What's the little button on my screen for targeting myself. It's a little square with my name in it. Couldnt figure out how to get rid of it so I moved it inbetween my health and the target's health. But I havent found it useful yet so Id rather get rid of it until I do.

i think that's it for now. Thanks a bunch
09-03-08, 02:47 PM   #36
Sorrowbone
A Defias Bandit
Im back. Just to say to Totem Timers are working fine, I have now properly set up my Alt Bars, and all the Key Bindings are set.

There is one last problem atm, which is quite a big one. When I heal my target, a red bar appears where the "Targets Target" is positioned. It only appears when i'm casting a heal, but it overlaps the Targets Target if there is one and it is very annoying ><

Any idea's on how to solve this? Thanks
09-03-08, 03:28 PM   #37
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
TwoMSixer:

My defense for having the menu bar is the number of hotkeys C, N, K, O..etc, that are freed up by being able to click on them. Plus, I've had issues sometimes if I accidentally unbound my ESC key or getting to the Help menu. Either I had to unhide the Menu bar or use /gm to access the Help section.

It may take time getting used to the 'visor effect', but otherwise here are the eePanels if you are inclined to remove the top bar. Just locate them in the list under Panel Settings (through /eepanels2 waterfall) and click Remove at the bottom of their options.

ShadowTop_GL
YourBuffsShadow_GL
AltBarShadow_GL
MenuInfoBar_BG
TopFrameGlaze_GL
TopBarColorDodge_BG
TopLeftAccent_BG
TopRightAccent_BG
MenuInfoBarLeft_BG
MenuInfoBarRight_BG
SLDataTextMiddleRightShadow_GL
SLDataTextMiddleLeftShadow_GL
MicroMenuShiny_GL
TopBarBorder_BR

If you accidentally delete any other panels, use the Task Manager (in Windows) or Force Quit (mac) to end the WoW process, and prevent the LUA files from being saved. When you log in, all the changes you may have made to the UI will be reset.

Lightheaded and TomTom are fine, though the shiny effect on the quest log will not stretch over automatically, you may have to adjust the eePanel QuestLogShine_GL.

I would recommended adding the appropriate skinning files though.
Copy the files named LightHeaded.lua and TomTom.lua from the following location:
Interface/AddOns/Skinner/AddonSkins
To:
Interface/AddOns/Skinner/SkinMe
This will help Skinner apply the dark glassy effect to LightHeaded and TomTom.

The little square with your name is Grid. It's used for your party and raid frames, so its important. This is copied from the Set-Up instructions:

3) Type /rock; navigate to the Grid configuration then go to Profile and choose the 'Onslaught UI' profile.

Sorrowbone:

Run /pitbull, navigate PitBull > Modules and uncheck the box next to VisualHeal.
09-03-08, 03:52 PM   #38
TwoMSixer
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply.

I think Ill leave the top bar alone and just get used to it. Ive been messing around with UIs for the past week and Im ready to start playing again, lol.

Got lightheaded and tomtom working, just need to make the changes you said and hopefully it'll look a little better.

Ive come across one other problem. With the hotbars, for some reason I cant place buttons in two of the spots, theyre just empty (Not the trinket spots). On the 12-button bar on the left side, it wont allow me to put anything in the top left corner or the top right corner spots. Are these maybe reserved for something that I dont have yet?

Loving the UI though, seems very easy to get used to compare to most. Very good for both clickers like me, and I imagine hotkeyers too. Its killin my FPS, but oh well. Was running at 70FPS with max settings and 1280x1024 res. Now my FPS is all over the place, between 24fps at times to 58fps. And this is just soloing with my Hunter, afraid to see what happens when I walk in Shatt or get in a raid.

Specs are an 8800gt card, 2gb of RAM, 3700+ AMD SD proc

Oh well, guess Ill just have to turn down my settings =(

Edit: One other thing. About that grid button, I did load the profile. Button is located right to the left of my character when I load it. Is there atleast a way to hide it unless Im in a raid or group?

Edit2: Regarding Lightheaded, did not see a "LightHeaded.lua" file in the "AddonSkins" folder, only the tomtom one. So instead I copied the "LightHeaded.lua" file from the LightHeaded folder and pasted it both folders, AddonSkins and SkinMe. restarted the game, didnt seem to change anything, the Lightheaded window is still in the classic Blizzard style window. Or do I need to make an eepanel for it?

Last edited by TwoMSixer : 09-03-08 at 04:04 PM.
09-03-08, 04:35 PM   #39
TwoMSixer
A Murloc Raider
Finally played around a little bit and I think this may be my last question.

My waypoints that are added to the world map through TomTom, are extremelly hard to see. At first I thought they werent being added at all. Double-checked and I think theyre added, but are very transparent, and there's no tooltips when they are moused over like there usually are. Any idea?

Edit: Tooltips miraculously showed up now when I mouse over the waypoints, but theyre still super hard to see. I noticed they seem to be about the same opacity as the word "Discovered" in the top right corner of the map frame, and word "zone map" on the top left corner of the frame.

Last edited by TwoMSixer : 09-03-08 at 04:50 PM.
09-03-08, 06:08 PM   #40
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
TwoMSixer:

Regarding your Trinity bars issue run this command: /trinity buttons
This will put you in Button Edit mode, where you see the types of buttons (Spell, Action, Macro, Slot, Item). You want to have Spell or Action (except for the trinket Slots). Right-click the button to toggle through the types. Run /trinity button again to exit the mode. If they are labeled as Spell or Action, you should be able to place things in it again.

For your Grid issue use, the command /Grid GridLayout display Grouped to hide your Grid frames.

This UI does make use of this tip here to go beyond the max graphic settings. You can use the reverse macro in that link to revert to low graphics, then adjust through the default Blizzard option frame as needed.

Don't forget to disable the 'big' addons like Auctioneer and Carbonite when they're not in use (with /acp)

Update Skinner (that's a direct link to the file from WoWAce) and you will find the correct LightHeaded.lua file in the AddonSkins (the one that comes from the LightHeaded folder does not work like you think it does). Make sure you put the correct LightHeaded.lua file in the SkinMe folder so Skinner can load its code. It ignores the LUA files in the AddonSkins folder.

And to fix your tool tip alpha (which seems to be parented by the World map), open your map, hold SHIFT and use your mouse scroll to adjust the alpha.

Last edited by Veniche : 09-03-08 at 06:14 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » The Onslaught UI - Information without the clutter