06-27-09, 02:20 AM   #1
stormbill
A Defias Bandit
Curse client

Will some 1 plz upload carbonite at curse .com

06-27-09, 02:51 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The short answer, no. The longer answer, the Authors had decided to host their addon exclusively here due to numerous of their own reasons. If they choose at some point to upload it to Curse.com then they will. Until that time comes though, you will have to download it from here at WoWI.

12-06-09, 12:26 PM   #3
diago
A Kobold Labourer
I know this is an OLD post and I am technically necroposting, however; I feel it is always more appropriate to necropost then it is to make more posts on the same subject. Helps keep the forum nice and clean this way.

Anyways, I agree with the OP. I seriously hope you guys decide to post this over to curse because with their new client, it just makes things a lot easier and since I do have a premium account with them, it kinda upsets me that I can auto-update everything in my add-ons folder EXCEPT for Carbonite. I understand that you have your reasons and such, however; things change, people move on, issues no longer are issues.

Looking forward to hearing from a developer on this.

12-06-09, 12:48 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You do know that we don't charge to "update all" with our client, right?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

12-06-09, 07:10 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Why not try MMOUIMinion. It does the same thing the Curse Client does. Just not for Curse. I use both, since some of the addons I use are not hosted on curse (like Carbonite) and some others are not hosted on WoWI.

Make sure you read the FAQ page. Lots of information there.

12-07-09, 02:56 PM   #6
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Maybe I'm blind... maybe I'm dumb.... but I can't find your update client. I checked for about 5 minutes. May not seem like much, but I am a guy, I know what I want and I search for it quickly and then move on. I use the curse client, and while I find it slightly inconvenient I have no problem coming over here for the few addons I love... Carbonite, Nui, and Wiseclipse which are not on Curse. Plus, here I get to spend some time looking at bug reports/help requests and learn from others that way.

So, could you please make it obvious to me where to get your client? If it isn't that obvious, perhaps you want to at least make it a featured AddOn or on the homepage, or something?

Thanks!

12-07-09, 03:28 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Minion

Support forum

FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

12-08-09, 08:29 AM   #8
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The v4 Curse Client detects when Carbonite, and several other WowI exclusive addons, are updated. It just opens a browser window straight to the addon page.

12-08-09, 11:40 AM   #9
kraby
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Be VERY careful with using "update all" on MMOUI Minion, that client often detects addons incorrectly and will break things if you aren't careful. I use MMOUI Minion but NEVER use update all because of this. Maybe if you only use addons on WoWI it works better but those of us who use addons from multiple sources have to be careful. I use both since some addons are on one site and some on another so as much as I prefer WoWI's look and feel the updater is still very much beta.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Curse client