09-09-05, 06:20 AM   #1
Phoeb
A Kobold Labourer
Who thinks Insomniax is to much

There are alot of nice UI options in the Insomniax package. But there it just to much I think. I dont know half of the stuff thats in there and cant find an up to date descrition of each of the plugins in the package.

Anyone else agree?
09-09-05, 07:09 AM   #2
james_bjorkman
A Kobold Labourer
Yea, I have had that same problem, I don't know what half of them do, because they don't have descriptions with them.
09-09-05, 08:56 AM   #3
Kelli of the Medusa
A Murloc Raider

Unhappy

I agree whole heartedly, Insomniac was the first multi-addon UI that was recommended to me. It was just way too much, I found it much easier to learn what I wanted to use if I added one addon at a time, learned to use it then added another and so on. About there being no description... well that is another of my pet peeves. I personally wish that every addon developer would take the time to put a readme.txt file in thier zip and keep it current with each update, It could contain basic "how-to" information about thier addon, maybe even a printable command list. Installation information would be helpfull too. I have found that some addons install directly to where they need to go if you just point them to the WoW folder, whereas others need to be pointed to the Addon folder inside of the WoW folder. This could probably help eliminate some of the install problems some of us have if the installation information was included in a readme file with individual idiosyncrasies of that particular authors addon and how he/she has it set up to be installed. Just my two cents worth, sorry about going off on a tangent.
09-16-05, 12:35 PM   #4
Atrophical
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Atrophical's UI has descriptions of all addons, and has lots of information regarding all addons used. Not only am I a user of Atrophical's UI, I'm also the maker!121

I put a lot of work into the descriptive "ModList" and "Please readme" files, and they're going to be overhauled TODAY - I plan on releasing Atrophical's UI v 2.0 today, so expect some good things.

I try to keep the tone of my writeups light-hearted so they're fairly fun to read, because no one wants to read a snoozer. If you've read them before, expect more stupid jokes and crass puns. If you haven't, just expect stupid jokes and crass puns.

It's a heavy UI, but it works nicely. It may or may not be what you're looking for, but it could be! It'll be HERE, on this site (and curse-gaming), by 5pm Central, I suppose. All depends on how fast I speed my ass home.
09-16-05, 01:28 PM   #5
Fikus
A Kobold Labourer
Actually Insomniax has a rather well done readme.txt... well it is not a .txt.

but here is the link to it.
http://www.insomniax.net/files/wow/i....6_beta_02.htm

Not defending Insomniax but I love it .. it is by far the best combination of what I want, However because of the slowness of getting upadates after patch I am going to attempt to gather each mod I want one by one... I will let you all know how it goes
10-12-05, 08:17 PM   #6
jaelith
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy insomniax troubles

do you know how to fix the issue of not getting mail with the new patch for the insomniax?
10-14-05, 07:39 AM   #7
Alexzandar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It's a great comp., I've used it since the begining, but I have to agree with Phoeb. There's just way to much stuff in there now. I've notice massive lag while using it. I dropped it and went to adding things that I wanted to use like Bib's new mods, and Ctmod. Nothing against the authors of these compilations, but I think they're getting a little over zealous with the addons.
-Just an opinion-
10-14-05, 07:52 AM   #8
cgbalor
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jaelith
do you know how to fix the issue of not getting mail with the new patch for the insomniax?

I deleted the interface/xml something folder then it works.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Who thinks Insomniax is to much