03-05-10, 01:50 PM   #1
Zenh
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Elite

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...126-Elite.html

Elite adds rare and very difficult achievements/Feat-of-Strengths to a player's tooltip. I'm more intrigued by this mod than I thought I'd be, it's quite interesting to run around cities and look at everyone's feats I would not have noticed otherwise. I'm too lazy to inspect people and browse their achievements, and I bet most players are the same. Having rare achievements pop-up in the tooltip enables you to more easily discover unique players. Especially in the age of GearScore tooltips, it really brings distinction from players with 5.5k GearScores to players with 5.5k GearScores plus a slew of rare achievements.

Elite puts achievements in 4 categories:

- Uncommon (classic PvP ranks)
- Rare (Glad mounts, etc.)
- Epic (raiding achievements)
- Legendary (Glad rank 1s, raiding firsts, legendary items, etc.)
- Artifact (player firsts)

Elite will also add extra tags for date criteria met by the achievement. See the add-on page for exact details. For example, Elite will distinguish between someone who cleared Ulduar within 2 weeks of patch 3.1 and someone who cleared Ulduar within 6-8 weeks of patch 3.1.

Elite has 3 display modes. Default is compact summary, holding CTRL will expand the summary into a list of achievements, and holding CTRL + SHIFT will expand the list into a descriptive list.

Last edited by Zenh : 03-05-10 at 04:33 PM.
03-05-10, 02:06 PM   #2
Zenh
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To any devs reading:

This is semi-related, during development I encountered an odd bug with the achievement FrameXML.

This bug is easily reproducible.

1. Open the achievement pane (shortcut: Y)
2. Target a player.
3. Run this command: SetAchievementComparisonUnit('target')

You should get a FrameXML error. Is this my bad or Blizzard's bad?

The workaround I found, through Elitist Group's scan.lua, is to unregister INSPECT_ACHIEVEMENT_READY from AchievementFrameComparison, and register it after my own INSPECT_ACHIEVEMENT_READY is finished.

The problem occurs when I have two mods running that use SetAchievementComparisonUnit (Elite and my other mod, Needy). Both unregister and register INSPECT_ACHIEVEMENT_READY from AchievementFrameComparison in the manner described above, but collision occurs and FrameXML errors happen. Basically one mod registers AchievementFrameComparison:INSPECT_ACHIEVEMENT_READY right before the other mod calls SetAchievementComparisonUnit, thus error.

I've been trying to find a clean solution to no avail. However, I'm pretty sure any solution would be hardcoded to only work for these two mods and not other mods that use SetAchievementComparisonUnit. My thoughts are to ignore this and let Blizzard fix this peculiar bug?
05-30-10, 04:24 PM   #3
deathfart
A Kobold Labourer
Hi,

I've seen this problem too (I made an addon that scans the wealth statistics of players- GoldScore) and I found your page while looking for a solution. I think GetFramesRegisteredForEvent might do the trick. As long as addons are friendly with each other. I'm thinking about something like this:

Let's say you have 2 addons that show some info when you target a player.
You target the player. Addon 1 gets the target changed event, and since it doesn't have any data to show in the tooltip, decides that it will inspect. It disables all other achievement ready callbacks.
Then Addon 2 gets the target changed event, and since it also doesn't have any data to show in the tooltip, decides to inspect. It disables all other achievement ready callbacks, including Addon 1's.
Then Addon 2 gets the achievement ready event and inspects. It reenables all other achievement ready handlers.
Now you will have to clear the target and target the player again; Addon 1 will behave just like before, while Addon 2 will have the data cached and not do anything, so Addon 1 will be able to do its job.

---

It would be nice to find a way to avoid clearing/setting the target again, but I dont know if it's possible. Well, at least you avoid getting lua errors, so it's still an improvement.

I'll look into this when I have time, maybe next weekend. Should we stay in touch?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Elite