03-07-09, 08:22 PM   #1
Ketua
Premium Member

Premium Member
Looking for a chat mod.

I have a mod Called ChatMod that was part of Cosmos. It would color names by class as well as add a :## for their level name:54 This worked for party, guild, raid members and anyone you did /who on.

However it was never really updated for WotLK and has trouble recognizing anyone above lvl 70, and DKs.

It also added timestamps, allowed clicking of the work "invite" or "inv" to invite the speaker to the party.

Does anyone know a mod that can do this? I've been looking since WotLk came out and haven't been able to locate one.
03-07-09, 08:43 PM   #2
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For just class colors you can try :

teknicolor

Thre's lots of chat mods out there. Try loooking here http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat55.html. PhanxChat may do all you ask and more.
03-07-09, 08:47 PM   #3
A Defias Bandit
You could try Chatter or Prat 3.0.

The only thing I would suggest is that you read a bit of what they offer since they both add far more than what you are looking for it would seem.
03-07-09, 11:29 PM   #4
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I think you will find chatmod was updated for wrath, you can get a newer version than you probably have from curse:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../chat-mod.aspx

Its a great little mod though I used it until I switch to prat for more features.

- Winston Churchill
03-08-09, 01:35 AM   #5
Ketua
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Miralen View Post
I think you will find chatmod was updated for wrath, you can get a newer version than you probably have from curse:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../chat-mod.aspx

Its a great little mod though I used it until I switch to prat for more features.
That's the ChatMod I use, It's "works" for WotLK, meanign it doesn't crash the game or cause errors, but it was last updated a month before the release, so not everything works 100%

I had been checking the Chat category periodically and so much of it was just useless junk.. you can only spend so long going through things and finding nothing useful before you start asking around.

Take Chatter for example.
The full description is "Chatter is a comprehensive chat enhancement mod. This package is an updated version for Wrath of the Lich King."
If the author isn't going to take the time to tell us How it enhances chat... *hits the back button* Let's go look at something else. Especially when there a few hundred things to try and read.

I'll give Prat a try and see how it works out.
03-08-09, 01:55 AM   #6
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Take Chatter for example.
The full description is "Chatter is a comprehensive chat enhancement mod. This package is an updated version for Wrath of the Lich King."
If the author isn't going to take the time to tell us How it enhances chat... *hits the back button* Let's go look at something else. Especially when there a few hundred things to try and read.
Chatter will configure to what you're looking for and it's performance (efficiency) is noticeably better than Prat.
03-08-09, 04:44 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Is it better than the new Prat3? Chatter was basically an Ace3 version of Prat2 - it may have been rewritten from the ground up, but it had all the same features. I don't think anyone has compared Chatter to Prat3 lately. Prat3's performance is good, and Chatter hasn't seen updates in some time.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-08-09, 06:11 PM   #8
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've used them both recently (helping to test comps, curious about comps..) and switch out regularly. From my own experience, Chatter has proven to be more efficient with my settings. Could be that my settings aren't exactly the same on each time I tested, but chat settings are something I'm pretty ocd about. Probably something I overlooked at any rate and it may not have been a huge difference, I just make a mental note when I see something with the same function as something else similar, give better results.
03-08-09, 06:13 PM   #9
Rhaethe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

I used both Chatter and Prat 3.0 within the past month, and I found Prat 3.0 to be more efficient. I could easily disable modules I didn't use, or even tell modules not to load at all.

Of note, I did not use the "High CPU Modules" plugin that came with the package.

The only thing that would make Prat 3.0 perfect for me would be the ability to alter the look of the chat tabs
03-09-09, 01:26 PM   #10
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I haven't tried Chatter so I can't compare, but I've been a Prat fan for years, so it has my vote. If you're worried about CPU usage, just make sure you do not load the components that you won't use, simple.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a chat mod.