03-12-06, 03:41 PM   #1
runswithkodo
A Murloc Raider
invite list maker

Okay I have been playing around with the ui designer for 4 hours now and have not got very far... several of those hours were just getting it working and searching the forums on how to get it going.

It seems to be work now.

Here is what I want the mod i'm envisioning to do....
Summary, players send a trigger word to person running the mod to get put on a waiting list, the mod runner the selects the poeple they want from the list and invite.

1. send a usermade messge to x channels
(ie: "Invite list forming for bobjoe's ony raid starting, send a tell with "!invite"." I imaging a text field, a few check boxes for the various chat channels and a send message box) *advanced idea, have the functionality listed below about listing the invite tells turned off until this announcement is made, and once you announce it automaticly enables the !invite feature*

2. people send "!invite" to the person running the mod. the mod autoresponds to the trigger word of "!invite" and responds back, you are x hunter in the invite list. (first third seventh etc).

3. in the person's running the mod's window I want a window that has 9 windows in it, each labled for the varios classes. as the mod recieves the "!invite" tells, it puts that player's name, I'd like to keep them organized by time, ie until hunter#1 has joined the raid, he's in the #1 slot, if hunter 2 leaves the invite list, hunter #3 should now be #2,

4. on each person in the list, the ability to right click remove from the list, invite to group, send tell. *if its possible to form a raid group autoaticly, that would be ideal".

5. once a person accepts the group invite, remove them from the list.
6. when you send the invite, I'd like it to say "Inviting you to raid x, please reply with "!resend" if you were unable to recieve the invite, ie you were in a group" after that I'd like some visual or something to popup, the players name to flash, something simple.

Ideas, where to start, a tutorial that touches on some of the functions i want to , etc would be greatly appreciated.
I have a lot more fuctionality I want to ad, but this is the core of my idea.
I think i may get some good idea's from reading whispercast. but thats only one piece.

Last edited by runswithkodo : 03-12-06 at 08:30 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » invite list maker