03-24-06, 11:52 AM   #1
svartalfimposter
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AutoInnerFire

Re: Eyonix, Be aware that 20 charges <<3 minutes. | 3/23/2006 9:57:01 AM PST

We've tested the new Inner Fire extensively, and we've been watching players use the ability with the changes implemented on the live public test realms. To be very honest, we're pleased with the improvements. We feel that 20 charges is more than reasonable, especially considering the fact that only damaging hits (i.e. hits that land, do damage and penetrate the priest's Power Word: Shield) will burn up a charge. In many cases, players will be casting this spell more frequently than before, however, in many cases players will be casting this spell much less frequently.

Despite resistance to accept the change to the limited number of charges, the fact does remain, the armor bonus provided by this ability increased by 50%, improving overall priest survivability. Players claiming that they want the spell removed from their spell book is a slight bit extreme. What differs now in regards to Inner Fire's charge-based duration relates to the individual player's strategic determination concerning when this spell should be cast and recast, which should be dependant upon the variables associated with each situation.
I'd like inner fire to be automatically recast whenever it runs out, as I use it at the moment. I don't know the mechanics of it, but will AutoInnerFire need rewriting for 1.10 or not?
03-24-06, 11:59 AM   #2
Chaze
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by svartalfimposter
I'd like inner fire to be automatically recast whenever it runs out, as I use it at the moment. I don't know the mechanics of it, but will AutoInnerFire need rewriting for 1.10 or not?
Short answer: Yes.

Slightly longer: Oh hell yes. But, nah. Unless you pvp. Then you're screwed. The way it works now, if you get hit 20 times, you loose inner fire. This can happen, apparently, with a 10 second stun lock. So while it will take a rewrite to get auto-inner fire working again, make sure you disable it for some fights or your mana will go up in smoke faster than the health it is safe guarding.

Comments, suggestions, bug reports, ideas, and answers provided by Chaze are provided solely by Chaze.
Mazzlefizz is completely not responsible for anything Chaze may say or do, and rarely can get him to shut up.
Please take anything he says with a grain of salt until whatever it may be can be verified. Caydiem is gone.
03-24-06, 02:01 PM   #3
svartalfimposter
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Chaze
Short answer: Yes.

Slightly longer: Oh hell yes. But, nah. Unless you pvp. Then you're screwed. The way it works now, if you get hit 20 times, you loose inner fire. This can happen, apparently, with a 10 second stun lock. So while it will take a rewrite to get auto-inner fire working again, make sure you disable it for some fights or your mana will go up in smoke faster than the health it is safe guarding.
Jesus H Christ! That nerf really sucks.
03-24-06, 02:12 PM   #4
Chaze
A Frostmaul Preserver

Jesus H Christ! That nerf really sucks.
Not really. You get a 50% bonus to the AC of inner fire, for free. The duration is extended to 10 minutes. Yes, it cancels after 20 physical hits... but as a priest, you need to really work on avoiding that many hits anyway. I mean, if you are taking that many hits, Inner Fire going away is the LEAST of your worries.

If you are solo, you have Shield. Which can now be cast every 15 seconds. While it is up, your 20 hits aren't being counted down.

If you are in a group, you shouldn't be hit at all. Manage that aggro!

It may seem like a nerf, but it really isn't... or really isn't that bad. And, yes, I have a priest. No, not at end game... but I think our recent new rewards outweigh any nerfs. And I haven't seen any large draw backs for priests in this patch.

Ok, 1 drawback. The people we protect and heal sure do whine about us a lot now.

Comments, suggestions, bug reports, ideas, and answers provided by Chaze are provided solely by Chaze.
Mazzlefizz is completely not responsible for anything Chaze may say or do, and rarely can get him to shut up.
Please take anything he says with a grain of salt until whatever it may be can be verified. Caydiem is gone.
03-24-06, 02:43 PM   #5
svartalfimposter
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Chaze
Not really. You get a 50% bonus to the AC of inner fire, for free. The duration is extended to 10 minutes. Yes, it cancels after 20 physical hits... but as a priest, you need to really work on avoiding that many hits anyway. I mean, if you are taking that many hits, Inner Fire going away is the LEAST of your worries.

If you are solo, you have Shield. Which can now be cast every 15 seconds. While it is up, your 20 hits aren't being counted down.

If you are in a group, you shouldn't be hit at all. Manage that aggro!

It may seem like a nerf, but it really isn't... or really isn't that bad. And, yes, I have a priest. No, not at end game... but I think our recent new rewards outweigh any nerfs. And I haven't seen any large draw backs for priests in this patch.

Ok, 1 drawback. The people we protect and heal sure do whine about us a lot now.
Give me the choice... give me both spells but only one can be active at a time. I know what I'd be doing, and it wouldn't be the extra 50% one.
03-24-06, 02:50 PM   #6
Chaze
A Frostmaul Preserver

Give me the choice... give me both spells but only one can be active at a time. I know what I'd be doing, and it wouldn't be the extra 50% one.
I think that is the difference between a PvP priest (you) and a PvE priest (me).. the creatures and people I fight aren't smart enough to hit me. But, in the end, I think the new benefits far outweigh anything taken away. Especially for the non-priests. I just can't believe anyone believes our damage was increased.

Just a note for the people that thinks priests are all face-melty now. Those are holy-specc'd priests coming at you these days on test server. Yes, they can do more than before... but now it's a lot harder to be a shadow priest in a guild. Just can't convince people the difference is worth is. And holy priests do less damage than shadow priests. So, your face melts, yeah, but not as hard as it could be. And shadow priests were left alone in .10.

03-24-06, 05:04 PM   #7
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
AutoInnerFire won't work in 1.10. Period. Blizzard has gone to a lot of effort to break AddOns of this kind.
03-24-06, 05:26 PM   #8
Wikwocket
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
And before you ask, AutoBuff will be broken too. And if us sneaky AddOn writers find a way to make them work, they will probably break them in 1.11.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » AutoInnerFire