06-15-19, 09:53 PM   #1
MooreaTv
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Enumerating your own bnet logged in toons?

Trying to BNSendGameData() my own logged in characters and can't seem to find a way to do so

Strangely it's very easy to enumerate other/friend bnet logged in characters with BNGetFriendGameAccountInfo() - any idea how to do the same for my own ? (when BNGetInfo() presenceId first returned arg always seems to be nil)

Is that intentional from blizzard or a bug/oversight that has a chance to get fixed ?
(if intentional, what is the rationale when I can get it for others (and ask them to echo it back to me for instance))

tia
06-15-19, 10:12 PM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

I’ve wondered about this some time ago, thanks for reminding me. I am also interested in some method of identifying whether a character is “yours” such as a multiboxer inviting between their characters on the same bnet account.
06-15-19, 10:35 PM   #3
MooreaTv
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
I’ve wondered about this some time ago, thanks for reminding me. I am also interested in some method of identifying whether a character is “yours” such as a multiboxer inviting between their characters on the same bnet account.
That's pretty much my use case for DynamicBoxer, so far I use a channel to identify the other toons but that doesn't work cross realms (and also requires a password which wouldn't be needed if bnet would just tell me my own toons across wow accounts)

Anyone knows someone at blizzard to ask why it's not readily available/what is the issue (or if an oversight, when can it be fixed) ?
06-23-19, 06:20 PM   #4
MooreaTv
An Aku'mai Servant
I just stepped on the additional issue that you can send AddonMsgs to your bnet friends but you can't send them to yourselves (as regular whispers addon messages), even if you know the character name, cross realm !!! HELP!

It seems my only recourse is to send non addon whispers and intercept them but that seems really unappealing to say the least

Last edited by MooreaTv : 06-24-19 at 03:53 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Enumerating your own bnet logged in toons?