02-25-10, 08:42 AM   #1
jjforums
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
carbonite map doesn't show silverdragon notes?

02-25-10, 09:31 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jjforums View Post
From the Silverdragon page here at WoWI-

"If you have Cartographer or HandyNotes installed it will add map notes for rares, which can be shared with others."

It does not specify who's map, but I'm guessing Blizzards, since they were both designed to work with the default maps.

03-22-10, 09:02 AM   #3
Gundor
A Defias Bandit
should figure out...

The devs of the addon or anyone else that knows how to dev a addon should figure out how to make a rare overlay / silver dragon type addition to the carbonite package. It would really help out alot with Hunters searching for that specific rare spawn pet that none of the other huntards err hunters wont come off of the location of said rare. I think it would be a very nice addition.

03-22-10, 04:40 PM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
THis Help?

_NPC Scan Overlay

03-23-10, 06:24 AM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
Says it all right there, but, you will also need NPC_Scan for the overlay to work. It works incredibly well with Carb though

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-_NPCScan.html

05-14-10, 11:34 AM   #6
johnsoci
A Kobold Labourer
Is there anyway to have Carbonite detect the rare near you and have the hud arrow point to it?

05-14-10, 05:19 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Short answer is not that I'm aware of, nor do I think it's even possible.

That ability with any addon or through the Blizz api would be an extremely easy target for exploitation by nefarious players.

05-15-10, 03:02 AM   #8
Zasurus
A Cyclonian
No it's not posible to point an arrow to ANY NPC that moves. Addon's can't find out where it (Blizzard did this delibratly otherwise they would be even rarer! ;-)) is so thats where addons like NPC Scan come in they tell you where it has been seen before and when the game loads the model for that specific NPC it alerts you to the fact that it MUST be in the area (otherwise the game wouldn't load the model into memory). It's a kinda cheat but works REALLY well!

Hope this helps..

Zas

05-15-10, 03:12 AM   #9
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

A little off topic, but hey that's me... I saw a rare spirit bear in Grizzly hills the other day. Wish I remembered it's name and really wish it hadn't been one level higher than me at the time. But then again I didn't want to abandon the pet I've had since level 10 either. But whenever I get a chance, I'm goin' bear huntin'!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

05-15-10, 03:43 AM   #10
Zasurus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
A little off topic, but hey that's me... I saw a rare spirit bear in Grizzly hills the other day. Wish I remembered it's name and really wish it hadn't been one level higher than me at the time. But then again I didn't want to abandon the pet I've had since level 10 either. But whenever I get a chance, I'm goin' bear huntin'!
Remember you can now send your pet to the stables remotely... So if you do find it again and have your fav pet out quickly send it to the stable and if you don't have a spair slot bring out a crap pet to abandon.

Regards,

Zas

05-15-10, 05:06 AM   #11
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Grafinrabllesnicklefartzz!!!! (Made up word with the intent of indicating me cussing my own stupidity)

I had forgotten all about that new feature!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

05-15-10, 09:22 AM   #12
Zasurus
A Cyclonian
Wink

***Pats his pet "Skoll" gently while sníggering to himself***

Last edited by Zasurus : 05-15-10 at 09:26 AM. Reason: "Sníggering" is NOT another word for nígger! ARRR!!! LOL

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » carbonite map doesn't show silverdragon notes?