04-25-09, 07:26 PM   #1
macbuz
A Murloc Raider
MiniMap in MiniMap ??

Have just started using Carbonite, had seen Vranx' website and UI and knew I needed this addon.

I have two questions (issues).

1. What's with the minimap in the minimap? In the upper lefthand corner of the minimap is another mini'er map, I don't know what it is for or how to 'turn it off'.

2. I'm needing to track low level quests (wrapping up some achievements), but the 'Exclamation Marks' aren't appearing on the minimap (as they do on the default minmap). I can't just fly around looking for 'missed' quests. Is there a way to get the 'Exclamation Marks' showing in Carbonite's minmap?

Thank you and thank you for the great adddon.

04-25-09, 09:19 PM   #2
ripdog
A Murloc Raider
What's happening here is one of the not-so-good behaviors of carbonite, IMO. It is taking your minimap and sticking it in that tiny, useless square in the corner of the main map. The exclamation marks, tracking, ect only happens in your minimap (these icons are called blips), and your minimap is trapped in the carbonite main map, and is far too small to see.

To get your usual minimap back, open carbonite options, and uncheck "Move minimap into Carbonite map" (or similar) under Map/Minimap options.

04-25-09, 10:50 PM   #3
macbuz
A Murloc Raider
ripdog .... ty. So I've done that and the minimap is more familiar, at least there's not a mini in a mini.

Still unable to track low level quests. I turned low level quests on and flew in to howling fjord knowing i haven't done much questing here and nothing shows on the mini. Actually, low level quests and ore both are absent. Ore shows on the main carbonite map, just not the mini.

I really like this mod, hoping I can get these couple things sorted out.

Any other thoughts?

04-29-09, 09:03 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We never call the Carbonite map a minimap, regardless of the size, since Blizzard calls their small radar map a minimap.

The minimap is not always in the corner of the Carb map. It is docked in the corner if it gets too small to see easily, scrolls off the edge or will not fix in the Carb map. Right clicking the Carb map, selecting scale and changing the docked scale slider lets you make it huge if you want. You can even change the "Minimap dock X offset" in the Map Minimap page of the Options window to make it outside the Carb map. Try -70 for X and it would be outside and to the left of the Carb map.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » MiniMap in MiniMap ??