11-23-06, 07:00 PM   #1
Arzach
A Murloc Raider
InnervateFTW for BC (help plz)

Hi all,

I'm a great fan of IFTW, and tbh I haven't found any comparable mod so far that does the same. A bit complex mod, but the best one for the druids.

Bow the problem is that Blizzard (could a meteor drop on their heads), gave druids a small gift and a huge pun. The gift is that we cannot anymore innervate rogues and warriors (sry, you don't have mana). The punch is that in their own conditional casts we cannot test mana thresholds, classes (I still don't wanna innervate hunters) or BUFFS. FFS, I don't need to innervate an already innervated target. So IFTW is still needed.

Now... I tried to update it, but
CastSpell(self.OPT["IID"],BOOKTYPE_SPELL); -- IID is spell id
is considered by them as a bad thing.

This no matter if I am in combat or not.

Note that the mod doesn't have frames or anything, it's a pure and simple command to be issued in a macro. /iftwfe:cast()

Anyone can give me some directions ?

Ty,

Arzach@Dragonblight-eu

PS: the problem is even more important, as we'll need to upgrade all the mods with the next patch. Ty again Blizzard
11-24-06, 03:43 AM   #2
smurfy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i think its not longer possible to cast a spell manually from the spellbook.

but i think its still possible to create a buttonframe with hardcoded innervate and if you have a target you cast innervate to your target.

so thats part 1.

you solved the cast spells with the new secureframe stuff. but how you prevent that the secureframe onclick is executed by desitions the mod makes.. i don't know. ;(

but i also play a druid i will try to find a way and create a simple addon to do the casting.

so i think you could also read and try out the new secureactionbutton stuff

bye smurfy
11-24-06, 04:39 AM   #3
sarf
A Cyclonian
Main problem with InnervateFTW and other combat-time-buffs is that they often need to change the target depending on the situation.
AFAIK, it is what Blizzard wants to prevent with WoW 2.0+.

It of course depends on what InnervateFTW actually does. Check out the new macro-commands available though!

Sarf
11-24-06, 06:46 AM   #4
Arzach
A Murloc Raider
IFTW doesn't change target (manual target is needed) and doesn't "auto-cast" innervate, so it's basically compliant with the new Blizzard idiosyncrasies.

The only thing it does are:
1) check target class (no more really needed, could be useful)
2) check target mana - if below x%
3) if 1 and 2 are true, try to cast
4) according to the cast results (success / LoS / no mana / out of range, target dead) announce something on different channels (say, multiple configurabel channels).

BTW, Decursive actually cast spells form the spellbook and doesn't seems to be affected by errors. I'll have to check it better tho... let me find something that can poison me

Anyway, even a "new" button with hardcoded spell could do, provided that it can do the same checks as above, as is check class, mana percentage and announces. Autotargetting is NOT required nor useful, I don't want to innervate a shadow priest, locks or mages just because he/she burned his/her mana.

Oh, 4got... IFTW of course had the self-cast feature, aka with a modifier key you could cast on yourself no matter what.

If you find a way to replicate that, let me know. I can code and debug, but unfortunately I know very little about frames and such... I'm an old, plain console programmer

Cheers, Arz
11-24-06, 06:50 AM   #5
Arzach
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by sarf
It of course depends on what InnervateFTW actually does. Check out the new macro-commands available though!
Blizzard forgot to 1) give a code return to spellcasting (no announces) and 2) no friggin' check for mana percentage or (at least friendly) buffs on target... friggin' Blizzard.

Cheers, Arz
11-24-06, 06:58 AM   #6
dafire
Premium Member
2) check target mana - if below x%
This would be a dicision the addon makes for you .. that's what blizzard don't want so it won't work so you won't get it in the new macro stuff either
11-24-06, 07:14 AM   #7
smurfy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hm another thing could be:

that the button to cast changes its texture/color or whatever. it always cast innervate but you could make the desition to cast innervate to the target by looking at the button. (ok rouge and warri dont work because blizz allready checks that).

bye smurfy
11-24-06, 09:33 AM   #8
Arzach
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by smurfy
hm another thing could be:

that the button to cast changes its texture/color or whatever. it always cast innervate but you could make the desition to cast innervate to the target by looking at the button. (ok rouge and warri dont work because blizz allready checks that).
Not the best thing, but it could be something. Tbh when you're in a 40 men raid fighting Gluth or 4horsemen you don't have much time, and the BIGGEST issue is to waste innervate on someone already innervated.

So a button that change color when some conditions are met isn't THE siolution but it's still something.

Either... mmm... have to check that. Add high visible visual clues in raid frames about innervated targets. Something similar to emergency monitor, but for innervates.

DYnamic list of ppl with mana below some percent and given class. Remove from list if innervate buff is found. Could solve most issues.

Cheers,
Arz
11-24-06, 09:48 AM   #9
smurfy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
problem about dynamic and lists i think thats wat blizz dont want to work in the new secure model

so you still must select the player manually (with ct_raid or somthing) but you have the list of players..
11-24-06, 09:55 AM   #10
sarf
A Cyclonian
Precisely.

You can have something like Clique, which allows you to cast stuff dependent on how you interact with it, but the addon can not make that decision for you.

Anything that is dynamic - changed while in combat - can not trigger a cast.

Sarf
11-24-06, 01:20 PM   #11
Arzach
A Murloc Raider
Maybe my english isn't so good, so I'll try to explain with simple and clear statements.

You can NOT made an addon to innervate automatically targets not becasue Blizzard doesn't want, but becasue it's a plain and idiotic thing

Target to be innervated must be carefully choosen and only a TrueDruid® can do it.

Problem is that you have usually 3 seconds (no more than 3 seconds) to find the target in a friggin' 40 men raid when the raid leader yells. So missclicks are quite common. 2nd problem is syncronization. When RaidLeader yells usually 4 or more druids search for the friggin' healer without mana and use innervate. The target is ultra-happy (400% mana regen stacked 4 times) but the other healers will run dry, 'cuz innervate have a 10 mins cooldown.

So druids have only 2 or 3 needs from an innervate addon:
1) help in targetting the right player. Help, not do-it-for-you. HELP. Show me who's OOM.
2) avoid double casting <- might cause raid wipe
3) announce if you cannot do it (LOS, range) so some other druid can take care.

NO friggin' automatic target or cast.

Why ppl (and even Blizzard) thinks that everyone wanna do autotargeting ?

Cheers, Arz
11-24-06, 02:48 PM   #12
sarf
A Cyclonian
Because helping to show who's OOM (used to be) is only a small, small step away from doing an automatic casting.

So, in 2.0, we can SHOW you who's OOM but you have to click their name somewhere else (or we can light up their raid status box someplace - but we can't make a short top 5 list with the "healers with least mana" that you can click).

Sarf

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » InnervateFTW for BC (help plz)