11-05-11, 05:37 PM   #1
wowessentials
A Defias Bandit
Addon Creator Wanted!

Hi All,

I'm looking to hire a wow addon programmer to work remotely for me in creating an addon.

The addon requires a simple "tabbed" interface with a couple of onEvent triggers and a backend database that we can write our data too.

If anyone is intrested this is a paying / revenue sharing venture and I can discuss the project in more detail with you upon recieveing a signed Non Disclosure Agreement.

Stuart Macfarlane
WoW Essentials
[email protected]
11-05-11, 05:45 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Remember the Blizzard AddOn Policy... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

If you charge for your AddOn or advertise in your AddOn for paid/free content in any way Blizzard will be contacting you and they do have the power to block it in game. Many authors here will help Blizzard find it.

With that said good luck in your search.
11-05-11, 05:49 PM   #3
wowessentials
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Remember the Blizzard AddOn Policy... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

If you charge for your AddOn or advertise in your AddOn for paid/free content in any way Blizzard will be contacting you and they do have the power to block it in game. Many authors here will help Blizzard find it.

With that said good luck in your search.
I fully understand that which is why the Addon is being provided Free of Charge and the support is as well.

The revenue sharing is coming from the advertising on the community website / forums where you download the addon

Also, how the hell does Zygor guides charge in excess of $200 for their addon and get away without getting banned by Blizzard...

Stuart
11-05-11, 06:09 PM   #4
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Zygor claims that he doesn't break the rules because the addon is provided free of charge (which it technically is, it's the full guide which you pay for in the end). Whether or not this is true remains unclear. It's up to Blizzard to decide whether or not they want to take action against it.

Good luck with looking for an author.

P.S. I have a feeling that this topic might derail into a big discussion on the Blizzard guidelines again - let's try not to do that. As long as an addon is made public and is free of charge, there's no problem with someone paying the author for his work (which is then essentially a donation).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon Creator Wanted!