11-06-08, 12:50 PM   #201
apolis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok. just thought i'd throw that out there. if anyone would like to donate something for my wow account anyway that would be nice. also Brillynt, we're you able to intergrate the new babble? the author just made new libraries so everything is now LibBabble. if you need someone to test what you got feel free to let me know.
11-07-08, 05:03 PM   #202
alex5772
A Kobold Labourer
Macaroon for Bongos

I used Macaroon sucesfully imitating the bongos action bar making over 15 bars of diferent bars for my warlock. also make a pet bar that when there is no pet it puts all my pets summons insted of the pets spells

i been a loyal user of mazzleUI for lonf time and i think macaroon is the best replacement so far for bongos. im no coder but as a end user i feel macaroon is the one to continue MazzleUi Legacy alive
11-07-08, 06:02 PM   #203
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by alex5772 View Post
I used Macaroon sucesfully imitating the bongos action bar making over 15 bars of diferent bars for my warlock. also make a pet bar that when there is no pet it puts all my pets summons insted of the pets spells

i been a loyal user of mazzleUI for lonf time and i think macaroon is the best replacement so far for bongos. im no coder but as a end user i feel macaroon is the one to continue MazzleUi Legacy alive
I completely agree, as I said before, I think all barmods are going to be written like Macaroon eventually... it's just that good.
11-07-08, 08:55 PM   #204
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I agree, Macaroon is the way to go. I personally think the pet bar should be used as the possession bar too. Seeing as how before the longest bar had what, 6 buttons on it? And some are placed in various spots, such as Gorefiend, which used buttons 1, 3, 4, 5, and 7.
11-08-08, 10:16 PM   #205
erogroth
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by McBean View Post
This is just a note to the masses that the group of people who initially volunteered to spearhead repairing mazzle for WOTLK has effectively failed. I'm not knocking anyone, but I can only communicate the reality of my experiences over the last two weeks.

I have been PM-ing with a number of people as well as e-mailing a small group of devs that had originally stepped up to work on repairing Mazzle. All such communication has gone unreturned since October 24th.

As someone who was enlisted to support the organization and communiction of the repair effort I can only communicate that no news is bad news. If there are people working on repairing Mazzle, they are doing so in a vaccum or in a manner that keeps the team in the dark.

From my vantage point, I can only surmise that this initial effort is going nowhere. I'm not here to knock or insult anyone who pitched in. I'm just communicating out to this audience that if someone else wants to run with it - go for it. From all outward appearances, you're not going to be stepping on anyone's toes.

--McBean
I have to apologize for this. I was originally trying to get things organized. I had mentioned however that I was getting married and would be gone for some time. Ironfather and seemed to be taking the reins and I figured he would handle things. I noticed on my return many PMs. With my wedding, honeymoon, and all my work I was behind on at my job I had little to know time to log on to wow or even this site. So for that I am sorry. Though not it seems that some people have taken over the project and are making great headway. So grats on that. If there is anything else I can do to lend a hand please let me know. Life is finally returning to normal for me so time is becoming a little more available. Again I am sorry for disappearing on you guys like that.
11-08-08, 10:22 PM   #206
erogroth
A Cyclonian
So Brillynt, It seems you are doing most of the work on the project now. First of thanks and as I said above, I am sorry for not helping more after trying to round people up. Getting married just takes a lot out of you. So... let me know if I can do anything for you. Also do you have your work thus far anywhere for download? I would like to take a look at what you have done thus far. Again good work and thank you.
11-09-08, 09:28 AM   #207
Flamer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Gratz

Jus wanted to Say Gratz on the marriage May ur new life be blessed
11-09-08, 11:57 AM   #208
erogroth
A Cyclonian
Thank you. There is something you don't expect to here from a guy named Flamer lol. Hey Malathar, I gave your UI a shot as a temp replacement but it doesn't seem to work in 1280x1024. Is there a way to make it work in my desired resolution?
11-09-08, 03:19 PM   #209
Lockheed
A Kobold Labourer
How are dead addons being handled? Things like Chronometer are completely dead.

I've replaced a few of the dead/non functioning addons with newer addons myself. Maybe this short list will help when trying to put the new package together.

moveframe - replaced by NDragIt. No issues, just a straight replacement.
Chronometer - replaced by Yatba.
Hourglass - replaced by Heatsink. Claimed as the successor on wowace forums.
KingOftheJungle - replaced by FeedMachine. A recode/port of KoTJ to Ace3.
BookofCrafts - Recipe Book.

Just plain deleted GFW_Hunter's helper because it's obsolete due to the hunter class changes in 3.0.

And this wasn't completely broken per say, but I've been using Skillet in place of Advance Trade Skill Window for a while. It's far less glitchy and works better imo.

I'm sure other people have their own list of replacements for dead addons. Hope this helps in some way towards rebuilding the addon pack.

Last edited by Lockheed : 11-09-08 at 03:28 PM.
11-20-08, 03:09 PM   #210
Brillynt
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by erogroth View Post
So Brillynt, It seems you are doing most of the work on the project now. First of thanks and as I said above, I am sorry for not helping more after trying to round people up. Getting married just takes a lot out of you. So... let me know if I can do anything for you. Also do you have your work thus far anywhere for download? I would like to take a look at what you have done thus far. Again good work and thank you.
I returned from my vacation and the WOTLK expansion was the next day so sorry I have been playing instead of coding.

I am working on it again and just trying to work out the macaroon integration. I am not concerning myself with any dead addon's as yet just trying to get a base playable version with bars.
11-20-08, 06:47 PM   #211
alenda
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Brillynt View Post
I returned from my vacation and the WOTLK expansion was the next day so sorry I have been playing instead of coding.

I am working on it again and just trying to work out the macaroon integration. I am not concerning myself with any dead addon's as yet just trying to get a base playable version with bars.
Hooray for Brillynt! I assumed you were too busy levelling to code.
11-21-08, 11:09 AM   #212
erogroth
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Brillynt View Post

Ya macaroon is proving tricky all around. I have been using one of the "mazzle clones" which is doing the job for now but hasn't quite got everything there. I tried using Macaroon for the bar mod but was having so much trouble getting the vehicle bars to work that I gave up and started using Dominos. Dominos does an alright job but just does not have the customization of bongos or now, macaroon. I want the number of bars and sizes that macaroon offers so hopefully you can figure it out cause I sure as hell can't
11-21-08, 04:47 PM   #213
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by erogroth View Post
Ya macaroon is proving tricky all around. I have been using one of the "mazzle clones" which is doing the job for now but hasn't quite got everything there. I tried using Macaroon for the bar mod but was having so much trouble getting the vehicle bars to work that I gave up and started using Dominos. Dominos does an alright job but just does not have the customization of bongos or now, macaroon. I want the number of bars and sizes that macaroon offers so hopefully you can figure it out cause I sure as hell can't
For possess bar in Macaroon I've just been keeping it hidden until I need it, then make it visable when I need. It works in combat and is only 4 clicks or a macro away (I haven't made a macro for it yet, but I heard friends say they have one).... I personally right click the Macaroon on my FuBar, click bar edit, middle click on the hidden possess bar, then click bar edit to lock. They're working on a fix for the possess bar in Macaroon though, so it should work normally soon.
12-23-08, 07:19 PM   #214
erogroth
A Cyclonian
So did Brillynt give up on this. No word of anyone taking over at all.
12-24-08, 10:36 AM   #215
alenda
A Cliff Giant

Yeah, it looks that way. Unfortunately it looks like Brillynt made by far the most progress, but nobody can pick up where he left off since we have no way of getting the files that he worked on. We're pretty much back to square one, and nobody who has the experience wants to, and nobody who wants to has the experience. Looks like we're screwed at this point.
12-24-08, 09:20 PM   #216
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

It's like Atlantis has sunk all over again and with it all the technology that made the mazzlefier work. I've switched to Arkiveui and I like it just fine, but you still have to do all that fiddling with the wtf, interface and account folders. God, how I hate doing that! I got everything right on the first try for a change, but it just makes me nervous as hell screwing around in there like that. Especially running Vista. It won't let you rename a folder, but will let you move it. Amazing

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
12-27-08, 08:58 PM   #217
NicodemusAtNIMH
An Aku'mai Servant

Lua version which one

I decided i'll throw in give me some input.
12-28-08, 08:23 AM   #218
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ok so seems the people working on this have given up

i think what a lot of people dont realise is that its not just 1 or 2 things have broken

first of all the api has changed, frames used by the mazzifier were reworked and optionframeboxtemplates is no longer valid.

various lua has changed and various files have to be extended like the database of mobs for the 3d models

ace took a big hit but now looks as if it being updated but any changes here would need to be implamented not to mention that many addons used have gone under without hope of being fixed like rosterlib

the amount of work needed to get just the mazzifier working would such a long time

the biggest downfall mazzleui has is that it relies on too many addons.

im not saying its impossible but the work needed here is silly, it would be quicker to rewrite the addon, but as mazz no longer plays and doesnt want his code copied i think we need to move on and create something in its place

i dont mind helping and organising but we need to have a place that a selected team can post and share ideas and have something that can be downloaded and worked upon

just my 2 cents
12-28-08, 04:24 PM   #219
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I agree with Mikey on most points. One of those points being a place for "the team" to discuss and "work" in a private atmosphere. One thing this thread has proven is that can't be managed from here. I'd suggest a place like freeforums or a free guild forums website... there are tons of websites you could choose from. Make all the people with working knowledge of what is needed an admin of the site so it can live. If it's going to live through the Mazzle name with any Mazzle code, then Mazzle should determine who he trusts and be the sole person to decide who works on it. If it's going to be a "from scratch" work, then do it however you want. I do think there is too much clutter around here to be able to work on anything with clarity and -be- frustration free.
12-29-08, 05:24 AM   #220
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Arrow

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I agree with Mikey on most points. One of those points being a place for "the team" to discuss and "work" in a private atmosphere. One thing this thread has proven is that can't be managed from here. I'd suggest a place like freeforums or a free guild forums website... there are tons of websites you could choose from. Make all the people with working knowledge of what is needed an admin of the site so it can live. If it's going to live through the Mazzle name with any Mazzle code, then Mazzle should determine who he trusts and be the sole person to decide who works on it. If it's going to be a "from scratch" work, then do it however you want. I do think there is too much clutter around here to be able to work on anything with clarity and -be- frustration free.
I got a domain named www.earthenring.org
Currently it only holds a few sub domains for guilds/raid groups.

If wanted i can make it available for this.
I can install a board on it and assign an admin or a team even.
Can use http://www.simplemachines.org/ for example.
It can handle attachment files and such as well.
If that wouldn't be enough i can also grant a few people FTP acces.
Lots of options on that one.

Side notes :

Need an dedicated team formed by one leading dev.
Need good communication between myself and the leading dev.
Need approval from the author(s).
Also the site would never handle the distribution of the addon because that would need an insane amount of bandwidth so it would start out on a closed basis first just accessible by the people the dev team need.

Regards,
Viciusan

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI 3.0/WOTLK Devs Only