06-22-06, 10:45 AM   #61
cmanfsu
A Defias Bandit
I have not had success using Cirk's Blessings in 1.11. Is there going to be an update? I really love this add-on and I miss using it in raids.
06-25-06, 02:12 AM   #62
Tamatea
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hello Cirk.
Your addon is really helpfull and I hope you will release a new 1.11 version. For the moment it work correctly for it main task but it might be broken in the future.
There is a few button that don't show text and an error when blessings expire.
Thanks.
06-25-06, 07:58 AM   #63
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey all, sorry for the long delay with no response from me - I've been taking a bit of break!

Anyway, I've just uploaded Blessings v1.11.0 with all the 1.9.3beta changes and a couple more so that Blessings should work properly with client patch 1.11. Let me know if there are still bugs with it!

Cheers
-- Cirk
06-25-06, 04:19 PM   #64
SyrinxPriest
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Cirk
Hey all, sorry for the long delay with no response from me - I've been taking a bit of break!

Anyway, I've just uploaded Blessings v1.11.0 with all the 1.9.3beta changes and a couple more so that Blessings should work properly with client patch 1.11. Let me know if there are still bugs with it!

Cheers
-- Cirk
/worship Cirk
06-26-06, 06:59 AM   #65
katana
A Cyclonian

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update Cirk !
07-04-06, 10:21 AM   #66
grandpajoe
A Kobold Labourer
Is there any chance of tying in an announce feature? I quite often have folks yelling for kings either right after I blessed them (and they are out of range) or while I'm blessing every other class. An option to announce to raid "Blessing <Buff> on <Class>" would be an awsome addition.
07-14-06, 12:18 AM   #67
seorin
A Defias Bandit
I'm really not sure what's causing it but this addon isn't working for me. I'm getting the error where clicking on the 'cast' button (or telling it to buff in any other fashion) is only displaying the message "Blessing Sequence Completed". I'm not running an alternate language version of the game or anything and the bug persists even if I relog or reload the UI. The only thing I can think of that may be confusing it is that I'm using this on a low level Paladin and I don't have all the Blessings yet? The mod does seem to recognize that I don't have other Blessings, though, and won't let me assign them, so that seems to say it's well aware and isn't getting hung up on that.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any help at all regarding this. I've tried 3 other blessings mods and I don't like any of them nearly as much as I like this mod, so I'd really be happy if I could get it working. Thanks for the great work on this and your other mods
07-14-06, 02:14 AM   #68
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by grandpajoe
Is there any chance of tying in an announce feature? I quite often have folks yelling for kings either right after I blessed them (and they are out of range) or while I'm blessing every other class. An option to announce to raid "Blessing <Buff> on <Class>" would be an awsome addition.
Hey grandpajoe, yeah I can see that would be kinda useful. I I originally didn't add this feature because most people I knew actually found it more annoying than not when other addons used to do it (despite it being useful to know when buffs were being cast and to get close to the buffer). At any rate, I'll add it to my list of things that might happen one day

Originally Posted by seorin
I'm really not sure what's causing it but this addon isn't working for me. I'm getting the error where clicking on the 'cast' button (or telling it to buff in any other fashion) is only displaying the message "Blessing Sequence Completed". I'm not running an alternate language version of the game or anything and the bug persists even if I relog or reload the UI. The only thing I can think of that may be confusing it is that I'm using this on a low level Paladin and I don't have all the Blessings yet? The mod does seem to recognize that I don't have other Blessings, though, and won't let me assign them, so that seems to say it's well aware and isn't getting hung up on that.
Hmmm, this should work with any level paladin, provided of course that they have selected blessings that they know to cast (e.g., Blessing of Might if you were only level 4 say) and that you have the appropriate group and class filters enabled. If you turn on the verbose feature (in the options window) you should see debug output about what Blessings is doing, either in your main chat tab or your combat tab, depending on what option you have selected, and it should give you an idea of what Blessings thinks is happening.

Hope that helps some,
-- Cirk
07-14-06, 11:19 AM   #69
seorin
A Defias Bandit
Hmmm, this should work with any level paladin, provided of course that they have selected blessings that they know to cast (e.g., Blessing of Might if you were only level 4 say) and that you have the appropriate group and class filters enabled. If you turn on the verbose feature (in the options window) you should see debug output about what Blessings is doing, either in your main chat tab or your combat tab, depending on what option you have selected, and it should give you an idea of what Blessings thinks is happening.

Hope that helps some,
-- Cirk
Thanks for the fast response! Unfortunately I did actually try verbose mode and just forgot to mention it. Verbose mode yields no new information, it simply dumps the "blessing sequence completed" message into the combat log as well. As for group and class filters I've tried it with everything checked or only appropriate things checked and it does the same thing either way, when I'm in a group or not. I wish I knew more about WoW UI to help you debug it any better than this, but of all the random coding I do I just never got into the lua scene.

Do you have any ideas as to what other kinds of mods might be conflicting? I am running a considerable amount of them, although in most cases I would find it incredibly strange if there were a conflict (especially since I have all of my class specific mods enabled for those characters only). I'll see if I can't play around with enabling and disabling various addons to find a cause, but if I don't edit this or make another post that means I didn't find a culprit. Blessings_v1110_060625.zip is the correct version, right?
07-14-06, 12:18 PM   #70
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
How about these features Cirk: seconday blessings and thirtiary blessings: when I'm in a group with another paladin, and he has a blessing on himself that's the default classblessing on my blessingswindow, give him another buff?

Like this: player a has might, player b has set might as the primary buff for player a's class. player b's blessingsmod will cast the sencondairy buff, which is ofcourse wisdom.

Right now I have a script for clique which does what I need, but it uses issbufactive to see what blessing the unit has. So when I use the mousebinding on myself and if I only have one blessing, it just alternates between the primary and secondary blessing ( which you don't want ofc, no overriding of blessings ). You would have to set a variable that is set to true when you cast a blessing on a unit, and that expires in 5 or 15 minutes, depending if you are casting a greater buff.

Cladhaire said she won't implement this feature, so I am contributing my idea to your work Here is the topic that has the script I wrote http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...25702#poststop

Last edited by ravagernl : 07-14-06 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added link to my script for clque
07-14-06, 05:58 PM   #71
seorin
A Defias Bandit
Alright, it's not a mod conflict... or at least not a direct one. I tried the mod without any other mods enabled whatsoever and it still threw the same error. I'm really kind of at a loss for what to do since other people seem to have it working just fine this latest patch.

Edit: FOUND IT! It doesn't like my Blessing of Kings. As long as I don't have it trying to cast BoK it works fine. If it helps you track down the bug any my pally is level 24 and I have might rank 3, wisdom rank 1, freedom, and BoK. I don't know if the bug is with BoK entirely or if it's because I have BoK at such a stupidly low level and it's getting confused at why I have BoK but not salv. Hope this helps, though

Last edited by seorin : 07-14-06 at 06:16 PM.
07-22-06, 02:31 PM   #72
Andreal
A Kobold Labourer
Amazing mod, Cirk! This does just about everything a lowbie paladin could want to coordinate blessings inside a party. I was wondering, though, would it be at all possible to extend the buffing to a selected target? For example, if I wanted to give out a blessing (based on class) to people outside my party, is there a way to do that using Blessings?

I'd REALLY like to free up some slots on my hotbar.
07-24-06, 07:59 AM   #73
katana
A Cyclonian

Talking

Just thinking out of the box... I'm managing my pallies team in VHL dungeons, and since paladins are not always the same, we have to synchronize who's blessing what... I've been thinking about a basic addon that would let me assign the blessings, and reply to simple text messages with the assigned blessing, responsible person, etc...

But since Cirk's Blessings is already sooo amazing, I'm now thinking about an extra layer above it... have that layer let you assign blessings, and share the info with OTHER players in the raid, and automatically configure their blessing. A little like a paladin boss assistant, tactical com device ^^

What do you think ?
07-24-06, 09:55 PM   #74
Farook
A Molten Giant

@ Katana

I think there are already some mods that do that buff-assignment-stuff.

Just an example: http://www.curse-gaming.com/de/wow/a...uffmaster.html

Greetz,
Farook
07-25-06, 02:41 AM   #75
bitz
A Defias Bandit
A suggestion.. and a bug.

"Group "(groupText:SetText("Group "..sdata.group); in 3585 line) needs to have a localized string.

Greater blessings aren't cast to pets but normal blessings are cast. This can make an expiring message shown too early when greater blessings are cast with pets checked in the filtering.

Thanks~
07-25-06, 04:39 AM   #76
katana
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Farook
I think there are already some mods that do that buff-assignment-stuff.

Just an example: http://www.curse-gaming.com/de/wow/a...uffmaster.html
Yeah, I see... however, I think we could go much further than that... if every pally on the raid has the addon, the addon used by the assigner can request from the other players what buff they have (improved blessings, BoK, Improved blessings, higher rank blessings from AQ20, and so on), and let the user assign the buffs in the most optimized way. Since the addons could communicate (using CTRA channel or the new addon message function, the other players don't even have to configure their blessings themselves, and it saves time !
07-25-06, 07:13 AM   #77
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by seorin
Edit: FOUND IT! It doesn't like my Blessing of Kings. As long as I don't have it trying to cast BoK it works fine. If it helps you track down the bug any my pally is level 24 and I have might rank 3, wisdom rank 1, freedom, and BoK. I don't know if the bug is with BoK entirely or if it's because I have BoK at such a stupidly low level and it's getting confused at why I have BoK but not salv. Hope this helps, though
Great detective work Seorin! Yep, when the (not so) great paladin revamp came along and Blizzard moved BoK to early up in the protection tree, I forgot to change the level requirements for the spell that Blessings uses. I also forgot to add in the additional levels for the new spell books that drop in the high level instances. For now, you can "fix" your own copy by looking at line 179, and searching for the text ["levels"] = {30} and replacing it with ["levels"] = {10} (i.e., change the 30 to 10, which basically says that you can cast BoK on players level 10 and above).

Originally Posted by ravagernl
How about these features Cirk: seconday blessings and thirtiary blessings: when I'm in a group with another paladin, and he has a blessing on himself that's the default classblessing on my blessingswindow, give him another buff?
Hi ravagernl. The problem with this approach is what happens when each of the paladins are redoing their buffs, since you can get a lot of confusion then about whether the player has your buff from before, or has the buff from another player. It gets even more confusing if two or more paladins are all rebuffing at the same time. Unfortunately, I've not found an easy way to automatically assign blessings amongst players and paladins (which sort of leads on to katana's post, response below).

Originally Posted by Andreal
Amazing mod, Cirk! This does just about everything a lowbie paladin could want to coordinate blessings inside a party. I was wondering, though, would it be at all possible to extend the buffing to a selected target? For example, if I wanted to give out a blessing (based on class) to people outside my party, is there a way to do that using Blessings?
Hi Andreal. Actually Blessings provides a function that you can call from a macro, called Blessings_CastSingleBlessing which will do what you want. Not sure why I never documented it on the download page. Anyway, to simply cast a class-specific blessing on your current target, just make a macro like:
/script Blessings_CastSingleBlessing("target")
The Blessings_CastSingleBlessing function can also allow you to select a specific blessing that you want to cast on your target - see the comments for the function at line 2313 in Blessings.lua to find out more of what it can do if you want.

Note that I've not tested this function in a while, so it is possible it may not work properly (although it should) but give it a try and see if it works for you.

Originally Posted by katana
Just thinking out of the box... I'm managing my pallies team in VHL dungeons, and since paladins are not always the same, we have to synchronize who's blessing what... I've been thinking about a basic addon that would let me assign the blessings, and reply to simple text messages with the assigned blessing, responsible person, etc...

But since Cirk's Blessings is already sooo amazing, I'm now thinking about an extra layer above it... have that layer let you assign blessings, and share the info with OTHER players in the raid, and automatically configure their blessing. A little like a paladin boss assistant, tactical com device ^^

What do you think ?
I'd love to see some sort of blessing coordination capability in Blessings. Problem is that I've never figured out a good way to lay out and assign the data. We often have only 2 or 3 paladins, and each paladin (apart from the one casting Salvation) is then handling 2 or 3 different blessings on different classes (ignoring the issue of those players that want a "special" blessing just for them). As you add in more paladins it does become easier of course, and as soon as you have 6 or more the assignments become pretty much trivial. But its trying to figure out how to present that on a UI for setup or assignment when there is only 2 or 3 or 4 paladins that has (so far) been beyond me. If anyone can figure out a good layout for something like this, let me know (i.e., post here), and I can start figuring out how to actually add something like this to Blessings.

Originally Posted by bitz
"Group "(groupText:SetText("Group "..sdata.group); in 3585 line) needs to have a localized string.
Oh, good catch bitz, thanks.

Originally Posted by bitz
Greater blessings aren't cast to pets but normal blessings are cast. This can make an expiring message shown too early when greater blessings are cast with pets checked in the filtering.
Yeah, unfortunately you can't cast greater blessings on pets. I'm thinking I should probably disable pets by default, since this causes a lot of annoyance. (I turned on the remember filter settings option just so that I didn't have to keep remembering to turn off pets each raid).

I'm also thinking I need to improve the way in which Blessings determines when to reset the greater blessings casting, so that Paladin's don't have to keep reseting it to avoid it doing single target blessings when the raid wipes too soon after the blessings were last refreshed.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
-- Cirk

(editing because it turns out that I'd already added the levels for the AQ book drops to Blessings, panic for nothing ftw )

Last edited by Cirk : 07-25-06 at 07:27 AM. Reason: no need for panic...
07-26-06, 03:12 AM   #78
katana
A Cyclonian

I'd love to see some sort of blessing coordination capability in Blessings. Problem is that I've never figured out a good way to lay out and assign the data. We often have only 2 or 3 paladins, and each paladin (apart from the one casting Salvation) is then handling 2 or 3 different blessings on different classes (ignoring the issue of those players that want a "special" blessing just for them). As you add in more paladins it does become easier of course, and as soon as you have 6 or more the assignments become pretty much trivial. But its trying to figure out how to present that on a UI for setup or assignment when there is only 2 or 3 or 4 paladins that has (so far) been beyond me. If anyone can figure out a good layout for something like this, let me know (i.e., post here), and I can start figuring out how to actually add something like this to Blessings.
Well, I've done some thinking about that... to summarize quickly, we have several infos that would allow some priorities:
- some blessings are more popular than others (BoK for instance, then might/wisdom then salvation)
- the improved blessings talents can indicate who should cast wisdom or salvation instead of other players
- the new librams for AQ20 should also give priority

But in the end, what I have in mind is really a class master system. The class master assigns blessings for each player, by class, and the "client" blessing addon receives the information. Informations about available buffs (BoK, improved blessings, etc) can be requested by the master from the clients.

I'll try to think further about a good layout, then I'll share my conclusions. Cheers

Last edited by katana : 07-26-06 at 03:42 AM.
07-28-06, 07:31 PM   #79
freelink
A Defias Bandit
Hi,

great job , for a paladin it's hard to think each 15min to buff the group, and with dead people, it's a hard job.
Your addon is very use full^^

but i think i have found a bug, maiby^^

i 'am using french wow in french language of course^^

the addon says that it will use superior buff (supperior = 15min one who work for an entire class)
but it only buff with the small one (5 min one for each person)

so it's normal or a bug??

thanks a lot ^^

Last edited by freelink : 07-28-06 at 07:37 PM.
07-31-06, 05:48 AM   #80
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by freelink
Hi,

great job , for a paladin it's hard to think each 15min to buff the group, and with dead people, it's a hard job.
Your addon is very use full^^

but i think i have found a bug, maiby^^

i 'am using french wow in french language of course^^

the addon says that it will use superior buff (supperior = 15min one who work for an entire class)
but it only buff with the small one (5 min one for each person)

so it's normal or a bug??

thanks a lot ^^
Hi Freelink. What you are seeing is a side-effect of Blessings trying not to waste a Symbols of Kings everytime it sees someone with a missing blessing, and it does this by "pretending" that greater blessings have a cooldown of about 12 minutes or so. That means that normally when your greater blessings expire, and you refresh them, everything will work as expected. However, if you have to rebless everyone early (say after a wipe) the "cooldown" won't yet be up and Blessings will just use your 5 minute versions.

Its something I want to fix for the next version, but in the meantime the easiest way is to just press the Reset key when you want to make sure that Blessings will start again with greater blessings (e.g., after a wipe, or when you want to refresh all the blessings just before a boss pull). You can also use the /bless reset command to do the same thing.

Cheers
-- Cirk

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Blessings