01-15-07, 03:50 PM   #1
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Telling people I am rezzing them...

ClickHeal had this functionality before I moved away from it to HealBot.

Any idea of a current BC mod that will automatically sent a /w to a person who I am rezzing ? People are always eager to know when a rez is coming.

Yes I could create a macro, etc.

Hoping for a mod though to save macro space.

Thanks in advance folks.
01-15-07, 06:09 PM   #2
Janx
A Cyclonian
but creating your own macro means less memory used for addons

as for addons, i have no idea which addon would allow that option.
01-17-07, 06:25 AM   #3
andrieos
A Murloc Raider
I will try

I will try and make a addon for you liek that. I'm also trying to update click heal. Hopefully this will work out great.
01-17-07, 06:37 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Check out:

AfterCast
TargetTell
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 01-17-07 at 06:44 AM.
01-17-07, 06:45 AM   #5
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by andrieos
I will try and make a addon for you liek that. I'm also trying to update click heal. Hopefully this will work out great.
Many thanks.

I guess to improve on the general usefulness of this the mod (wether new or existing) needs to be able to do things like..

Tell individual (+optionally other rezzers in party) of rez in progress
Tell individual (+optionally other druids) of an applied innvervate to a mana user who was oom
Tell party / raid (+optionally other mages) that I'm sheeping a target and not to touch it
Tell party / raid (+optionally other priests) that I'm shackling a target and not to touch it

I guess there are lots of other class specific things that would expand such a mod.

As stated above, this is all stunningly easy with a macro but I don't want to use a macro. I don't want to waste a macro slot / slots. I hope to see a mod that (is preferably Ace2 for uber minimal memory usage) that will have a UI that will benefit many classes and is a set-and-forget mod.
01-17-07, 07:34 AM   #6
andrieos
A Murloc Raider
yeah

that does sound like a good idea.. some good stuff to work on. Yeah I'll try and make an addon that just tells the other people who rez in your group that you're rezing such and such person, and tell the person you're rezing that you are doign so.

Then I'll try and implement the other things that you listed.

I'm also, working on the missing HP addon and making it work for bc.
01-17-07, 08:06 AM   #7
Balsta
TTspellTimers does all this guys.
01-17-07, 09:55 AM   #8
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Balsta
TTspellTimers does all this guys.

Aha !

Yes, that looks incredibly promising. Many many thanks...

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=4455
01-17-07, 10:19 AM   #9
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by andrieos
that does sound like a good idea.. some good stuff to work on. Yeah I'll try and make an addon that just tells the other people who rez in your group that you're rezing such and such person, and tell the person you're rezing that you are doign so.

Then I'll try and implement the other things that you listed.

I'm also, working on the missing HP addon and making it work for bc.
Looks like Balsta has fixed my immediate need by informing us about http://www.wowinterface.com/downloa....php?s=&id=4455.

To continue with the possibility of a standalone mod though that can be very simple yet very informative ( gotta avoid spamming ) is still something I think valuable to the community.

Using TTspellTimers does appear to fulfill the need of informing the party / raid you are in but I guess I am hoping for some evolution that has no spell timers and allows targetted communication, i.e. a mage telling in a whisper just other mages of an impending sheep, i.e. "Hey, I'll look after %target% and will keep it polymorphed down." but also being able to ALSO tell the party that sheepage / re-sheepage is ocurring. This kinda two level communication is quite valuable when I've done it via macros.

The party wording (although currently already nicely configurable in TTSpellTimers) might be something like "Polymorphing %target% - hit it and I'll re-poly it ONE MORE time and then you tank it coz you own it."

I guess it's the extra mile of class specific, rule based auto tells that would add power.

Maybe this is easier to encorporate in TTspellTimers as it looks a very polished mod already. I'll cross-post this to the author of TTspellTimers.

Last edited by Wowgamer233 : 01-17-07 at 10:46 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Telling people I am rezzing them...