06-15-10, 10:35 AM   #2481
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Your OmniCC timers are definitely off there. Also, I say remove all the pixel font shadows, as they stand out a bit too much at the moment.
It's not that they're off (assuming you mean offset), it's just the way they'll sit depending on the width of the timer itself in relation to the button width, it's not really something that I can fix.
Due to the brightness of all of the elements that have text on them, removing the shadows is a very bad idea as it makes many of the texts illegible, so I'll agree to disagree on that.

06-15-10, 01:10 PM   #2482
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I guess OmniCC doesn't like dealing with pixel fonts that much. Still, try moving them all one pixel to the right and see if that's better.

Also, suit yourself about the shadows. I find them annoying rather than helpful in almost any situation, but if you find it easier with them, then I suppose it doesn't make your UI much worse.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

06-15-10, 01:27 PM   #2483
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I like the shadows.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-15-10, 01:43 PM   #2484
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Wella View Post
I guess OmniCC doesn't like dealing with pixel fonts that much. Still, try moving them all one pixel to the right and see if that's better.

Also, suit yourself about the shadows. I find them annoying rather than helpful in almost any situation, but if you find it easier with them, then I suppose it doesn't make your UI much worse.
Offsetting them manually via omniccs code will just cause the times where they *are* set correctly to become offset incorrectly in return :P
It's just due to how kerning on pixel fonts changes the larger the font gets

With a pixel font this small, running without shadows will cause them to be unreadable in a raid situation if the text isn't overlapping over something dark, or if the text is overlapping a bright frame. For example, white on yellow is going to be very difficult to read with only the semi-visible outlining. Monochrome outlining is an option Ive used for that in the past, but it doesn't look too appealing with this font due to the distance between the characters.

Anyway, servers are back up so I'm sorta rebuilding the lower section from the ground up to integrate some of those changes. :P
I've decided to ditch the cooldown bar for the time in favor of audible cues on more important cds, so it should reflect that.

Aaand done: http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3194/leiuiv2.jpg

Last edited by Leitka : 06-15-10 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Adding link.

06-15-10, 01:56 PM   #2485
Wella

Never had that problem myself, but it's all good. Looking forward to new screenies.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-15-10, 02:19 PM   #2486
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
Offsetting them manually via omniccs code will just cause the times where they *are* set correctly to become offset incorrectly in return :P
It's just due to how kerning on pixel fonts changes the larger the font gets

With a pixel font this small, running without shadows will cause them to be unreadable in a raid situation if the text isn't overlapping over something dark, or if the text is overlapping a bright frame. For example, white on yellow is going to be very difficult to read with only the semi-visible outlining. Monochrome outlining is an option Ive used for that in the past, but it doesn't look too appealing with this font due to the distance between the characters.

Anyway, servers are back up so I'm sorta rebuilding the lower section from the ground up to integrate some of those changes. :P
I've decided to ditch the cooldown bar for the time in favor of audible cues on more important cds, so it should reflect that.

Aaand done: http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3194/leiuiv2.jpg
your unit frames dont really fit in with you ui. to me it seems like when people remake tukis ui and just add a bunch of random not skinned crap.

06-15-10, 02:34 PM   #2487
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by mankeluvsit View Post
your unit frames dont really fit in with you ui. to me it seems like when people remake tukis ui and just add a bunch of random not skinned crap.
I'm not particularly sure why you feel they don't fit the rest of the UI. My assumption is that you're referring to the brightness of the colors in contrast to the low-key grey tones on the rest? If so, that's a simple design queue that I've always followed. If something is of importance, I like it brighter than its surroundings.

They would perhaps meld a little bit better if the bars were shades of grey, however I can't stand that from a functionality standpoint.

06-15-10, 04:28 PM   #2488
Caith
A Murloc Raider

06-15-10, 05:04 PM   #2489
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Caith View Post
WoW. O_O

So awesome.

EDIT: What border is this, I've seen a bunch of people use it and really wanna give it a try.

06-15-10, 05:26 PM   #2490
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

I'm not particularly sure why you feel they don't fit the rest of the UI. My assumption is that you're referring to the brightness of the colors in contrast to the low-key grey tones on the rest? If so, that's a simple design queue that I've always followed. If something is of importance, I like it brighter than its surroundings.

They would perhaps meld a little bit better if the bars were shades of grey, however I can't stand that from a functionality standpoint.
nope, it isnt the colors in it. i think its the fact that your target and player frames are significantly smaller and placed in the center of everything.
but i guess this is why its user preference

06-15-10, 05:59 PM   #2491
huurkalol
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by xandora View Post
WoW. O_O

So awesome.

EDIT: What border is this, I've seen a bunch of people use it and really wanna give it a try.
I'm pretty sure it's Blizzard's border or something.

06-15-10, 06:40 PM   #2492
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
I like it Leitka as always Also, I post here because.... I'm banned from the WoW forums >.>

06-15-10, 07:25 PM   #2493
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
I like it Leitka as always Also, I post here because.... I'm banned from the WoW forums >.>
haha, what did you get banned for?

06-15-10, 07:47 PM   #2494
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
haha, what did you get banned for?
3 counts of trolling >.> General forums lol. Yeah, I think its stupid though. Shouldn't get banned permanently :O I feel I should have gotten a week ban or something, I would have learned my lesson. First time infraction was also due to my account being hacked, and the hacker posted malicious links on the wow forums as well, so in fact had only two infractions of trolling, not three. Oh well. I try to petition it all the time, they said they would review it though it says in the email no guarantees.

sorry seerah and cairenn I know its off topic.. Back to on topic!

06-15-10, 11:21 PM   #2495
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Leitka, I'm not going to go on about whether things "fit" or not - but the UF's seem just a little bit cramped to me.

They're among the most important things in your interface, but you have them crammed into something that's roughly 1/4 the height of your chatframe, minimap, or meters, and isn't as wide as either of your two clusters, either.

It just seems a little... crammed in, despite there being (from what I can see) plenty of room.

06-16-10, 12:32 AM   #2496
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
Leitka, I'm not going to go on about whether things "fit" or not - but the UF's seem just a little bit cramped to me.

They're among the most important things in your interface, but you have them crammed into something that's roughly 1/4 the height of your chatframe, minimap, or meters, and isn't as wide as either of your two clusters, either.

It just seems a little... crammed in, despite there being (from what I can see) plenty of room.
And I'm going to have to disagree entirely. As long as the information is presented concisely, there is no overbearing need for unit frames to be extravagantly large, especially with the role I fulfill in a raid environment. There's little reason, even from an aesthetic standpoint, for unit frames to be as large as you're suggesting they should be (in comparison to the chat and meter frames, which are elements that are obviously going to be larger.)

Keep in mind, these screenshots are outside of a raid environment. The amount of free space left is drastically reduced when you factor in a larger number of buffs and debuffs, boss timers, and buff/debuff tracking frames (EventHorizon in my case, which grows up from the center, slightly above the unit frames)

06-16-10, 12:50 AM   #2497
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
I agree with Leitka. A DPS Class would never have to worry about their HP in a raiding PVE environment because they shouldn't be dying, and if they do, it should be a healer short supply situation or just a wipe situation. I'm a heavy keybinder myself and just seriously starting to play a Rogue (my first serious DPS class ever!) and I find I don't need everything Svelte UI has gaven my healers and tanks over the years. I hope you release Leitka, as I will SHAMELESSLY COPY! Mwahahahaha... aside from that, it's perfect for a PvE Rogue

Also, being a heavy keybinder you won't need to see many buttons either

06-16-10, 12:55 AM   #2498
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
Also, being a heavy keybinder you won't need to see many buttons either
Hehe, exactly. It's worth mentioning that of the 22 keys I have visible at any given time, exactly 3 of them don't have an associated cooldown. Unfortunately, showing only 19 has pretty bad FBS without pretty wide offsetting for me, and I'm a liiiittle bit ocd about that. :P

06-16-10, 03:23 AM   #2499
Wella

Originally Posted by Caith View Post
Caith strikes again. If it weren't for the positioning of the chat box, I'd masturbate over this. Instead I just get highly aroused.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-16-10, 03:31 AM   #2500
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

I love how Caith could show us a picture of a nipple and everyone would fap on it.

It's a nice UI like always, everything fits together well. Wouldn't expect anything else from Caith anyway. But still the design of the UI is quite basic. Minimap, buffs, player and target, and 1 actionbar row. It's basically what 1000's of other people use to. Just without the whole "Caith feeling" to it.

I'd love to see an inctual in raid combat shot tho to see raidframes, buffs/debuffs, boss timers etc.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...