08-25-16, 03:53 PM   #1
Xylon
A Murloc Raider
Overlapping elements and size issues with fresh install

Hi,

First of all thanks for the great suite, been using it for years.

I recently came back from a break and noticed some small issues when doing a fresh install. This is what it looks like for me on a 1080p resolution with a completely fresh install (removed both the Interface and the WTF directory).

First of all there's the size of the UI. It's huge. Though this can be changed by going /realui -> Other -> Advanced Options -> Skins -> Custom UI scale (set to Pixel Perfect by default, value of 1.066666...). I find 0.75 looks reasonable for me.

Secondly are the overlapping elements in the middle of the screen. The castbar and buffs overlap which can make it hard to see what buffs are up. After a brief search here I haven't found anyone experiencing this same problem, so it seems to be personal? The screenshots on the project page also show correct placement. Any idea what's up here?

Lastly just a small question: What is the timer bar in the top right for?
08-26-16, 05:21 PM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Do you play in windowed mode, not maximized? Go back to the UI scale options and make sure that Retina is unchecked and try checking pixel perfect again.

The timer bar there is unused, only shown during the config mode.

08-27-16, 05:57 AM   #3
Xylon
A Murloc Raider
Hi, I've always played fullscreen, be it windowed or just normally. In both cases it selects 0.71111 as the custom UI scale with Retina Display unchecked and Pixel Perfect checked. And unfortunately in both cases the bars in the middle still overlap. This is still with a 1080p resolution of the game.

Anything else I could check?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Overlapping elements and size issues with fresh install