05-13-11, 04:46 PM   #1
GUN3R
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
opening closing map

hey love to see your still updating thanks a bunch for that
i been having a small isseu with the map
when its open and i enter combat i cant seem to close it by pressing M
and when its closed and i enter combat i cant open it
is there a way to adress this that i am just missing or is this a bug?
keep up the good work fellas best addon ever

05-13-11, 11:13 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
The answers to your questions are no, there's no way to address it, and no, it's not a bug. It's a feature Blizzard put in: opening and closing the map is now a protected action. Protected actions cannot be done in combat.

05-14-11, 12:54 PM   #3
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I don't think it is a protected action, as I am able to open/close my map while in combat without a problem (and yes, I do use Carbonite).

What version of Carbonite do you have, GUN3R? 4.1 is the most recent, which you can get here.

If you already have the most recent version, you may want to verify your keybindings.

05-15-11, 11:27 AM   #4
GUN3R
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 View Post
I don't think it is a protected action, as I am able to open/close my map while in combat without a problem (and yes, I do use Carbonite).

What version of Carbonite do you have, GUN3R? 4.1 is the most recent, which you can get here.

If you already have the most recent version, you may want to verify your keybindings.
i indd have 4.1 propperly installed and dont know why the map either gets stuck in its current state untill i exit combat
hiribble when flying and getting aggro from a flying creature and then having the map just blind me all over the place :P
il check my keybinds if anything els is assigned to M

05-18-11, 08:16 AM   #5
GUN3R
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ShadowProwler420

would you be able to post a couple of screenshots with which options you have checked off
no keybinds at all are bound to M eccept the original key to open it

would me a big help mate thank you

05-18-11, 01:43 PM   #6
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I've looked through all the options and none seem to jump out and say " Check/Uncheck me to fix his problem!" However, you may try using the "Reset Global and Quest Options" (found on the Reset page of the options window).

Not sure if it will fix your issue, but when push comes to shove resetting to 'factory default' usually clears any problems.

05-19-11, 09:51 AM   #7
GUN3R
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've looked through all the options and none seem to jump out and say " Check/Uncheck me to fix his problem!" However, you may try using the "Reset Global and Quest Options" (found on the Reset page of the options window).

Not sure if it will fix your issue, but when push comes to shove resetting to 'factory default' usually clears any problems.
than you for your input mate
il try that

EDIT: nope reset hassent helped with the problem
has anyone els got the same problem?
or is it just me?

Last edited by GUN3R : 05-19-11 at 04:57 PM.

05-23-11, 09:08 AM   #8
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The only thing left I can think of doing would be deleting all carbonite associated files and download a new/fresh copy of them. Perhaps something in the files got wonked up and needs to be fixed?

If that fails to fix your issue..............well, I'm kinda at a loss!

05-23-11, 12:26 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The only thing left I can think of doing would be deleting all carbonite associated files and download a new/fresh copy of them. Perhaps something in the files got wonked up and needs to be fixed?

If that fails to fix your issue..............well, I'm kinda at a loss!
You might not have to go so far as a complete reinstall. Try this:

Go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder, and either rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. please, BE AWARE that this will completely reset your Carbonite installation to default settings. Carbonite will look and act as if it was just installed for ALL of your characters.

This is because all Carbonite settings for all of your characters are contained in those files. I use the phrase "rename or delete" simply because if you choose to rename the files, and this doesn't fix the problem, you can quickly get all of your characters' settings back by deleting the new files, and renaming the old files back again.

05-26-11, 07:16 PM   #10
GUN3R
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You might not have to go so far as a complete reinstall. Try this:

Go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder, and either rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. please, BE AWARE that this will completely reset your Carbonite installation to default settings. Carbonite will look and act as if it was just installed for ALL of your characters.

This is because all Carbonite settings for all of your characters are contained in those files. I use the phrase "rename or delete" simply because if you choose to rename the files, and this doesn't fix the problem, you can quickly get all of your characters' settings back by deleting the new files, and renaming the old files back again.
this minor isseu has pissed me off for so long so i did what you said and it diddent help
so i did the last thing i could from like 50 addons i have i turned them off 1 by 1 loggin back in and going into combat to open close map and came down to archaeo helper bugging it up
feel so... yea...
but thanks for all your help guys hope my silly mistake can help some one els :P

05-26-11, 09:54 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It wasn't a "silly mistake". It's difficult to tell when an addon is having problems, or there is a conflict between two addons which causes major problems for one or both.

I'm glad you got it fixed and that you posted the issue,and the solution, here. Please be sure to let the author of the other addon know that there is a conflict between these two addons.

05-27-11, 06:15 AM   #12
GUN3R
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
how can i inform him/them ?
never done it before
<-- newb to these forums

05-27-11, 11:52 AM   #13
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Find the information/download page for the other addon and post the conflict in the comments section, or if the author uses a ticket system, file a ticket describing the problem.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » opening closing map