12-28-11, 08:03 PM   #1
Seeo
A Murloc Raider
Instance Maps - Please Help!

Hi there,

I was wondering if it's only me, but not all instance maps are working when you maximize. Lots of times when you maximize the map while in an instance, you'll basically see where the Instance entrance is on the world map.

Now I know all about the feature "Toggle Instance Map" but I'm telling you, sometimes it just doesn't work. For example, Old Hillsbrad "Escape From Durnhold" map, all I see is Caverns of Time, I'll scroll in really really close, get 6 choices of maps, right click on the correct one, use the Toggle Instance Map feature, and nothing.

Could it be possible that the map is loaded but I just can't see it? I reloaded all the default settings to make sure it's nothing I was messing around with (it wasn't).

It's probably also worth mentioning that I have the latest version of Atlas installed and loaded also.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Sincerely,

Seeo

12-29-11, 07:23 AM   #2
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Atlas has change how thing's are done.. they split the map's and other stuff. Do you have them all loaded? also how Atlas was changed might have broken the link between Atlas and carbonite... not sure there...

12-29-11, 01:50 PM   #3
Seeo
A Murloc Raider
Alrighty, fair enough for Atlas...

But is there a work around that anyone may know about? I love this addon so much, but even the default map shows the instance now, and where you are in it... So I just can't wrap my head around what I'm doing wrong...

I'm sorry for possibly being annoying about this.

Sincerely,

Seeo

12-30-11, 04:35 AM   #4
OmegaExtreme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Is a work around possible yes, but due to the horrible way Carbonite is coded only the devs would be able to make heads or tails of the code to do it.

12-30-11, 08:42 AM   #5
Seeo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by OmegaExtreme View Post
Is a work around possible yes, but due to the horrible way Carbonite is coded only the devs would be able to make heads or tails of the code to do it.
I hear ya...

I really don't want to give up on this addon though... the only issue I'm having are these darned instance maps not displaying.

Like the "minimap" part works fine, I always dock when minimized (for instances and indoors - only). No problems with that... it's just getting the nice big maximized version of the dungeon that's grieffing me...

I really really hope the Devs look at this and apply a little polysporin, band-aid and a kiss from mama for good measure.

Sincerely,

12-30-11, 07:38 PM   #6
OmegaExtreme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

yeah Carbonite is looking in the Maps folder of Atlas for the maps however...

the Atlas Team has split Atlas into moduels.

Atlas (has only the Cata maps)
Atlas WotLK (WotLK maps)
Atlas BC (Burning Crusade maps)
Atlas Classic WoW (pre Burning Crusade Maps)

so the guys at Carbon Based Creations. LLC need to update Carbonite to include these new maps loctions

12-31-11, 11:24 AM   #7
Seeo
A Murloc Raider

Atlas WotLK (WotLK maps)

so the guys at Carbon Based Creations. LLC need to update Carbonite to include these new maps loctions
Please Carbon Based Creations! Update Carbonite to include these new map locations!

*crosses fingers*

01-13-12, 02:32 PM   #8
Seeo
A Murloc Raider
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has gotten the instance maps to work?

I'm still stuck

01-15-12, 05:16 AM   #9
OmegaExtreme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

it probably wont get fixed until the devs do it.

01-26-12, 09:45 PM   #10
Kevlan
A Kobold Labourer
It's not the cleanest solution in the world, but you can always hit Alt-M to bring up the original Blizzard map. I think that's what you ultimately want to see, it's just hard to get into the habit of the different keystroke to see the map.

- Kev

02-22-12, 02:53 AM   #11
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Same Here

Carbonite is awesome..
I'm really hoping and praying that the Instance Maps get updated.
I admitedly have gotten really spoiled by just how purrfectly Carbonite fills my needs and playing style
I had just started really doing huge amounts of Dungeon crawling & having so many of my Instance maps no longer visible is frustrating, & tacks on a huge chunk of time haveing to stop to open the Blizz map when I'm used to just glanceing to the lower right & continuing on.
I've been talking all of my friends and family thru it's settings & features & have gotten several converts

Thank you

03-06-12, 05:05 AM   #12
Cobaltius
A Murloc Raider

Atlas WotLK (WotLK maps)

If carbonite only finds the Cata ones then you might be able to just copy all the maps from the other modules image folders and put them in to the main image folder the Cata ones are in for Carbonite to find.

I will test it later today to see if it works.

04-10-12, 01:25 PM   #13
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Question

Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
If carbonite only finds the Cata ones then you might be able to just copy all the maps from the other modules image folders and put them in to the main image folder the Cata ones are in for Carbonite to find.

I will test it later today to see if it works.
Did you ever get this to work? Also, at least some of the time I get an error from the missing map that references Libmap Data missing & I'm trying to find out if this is something that can be updated separately or if it's just part of Carbonite...
Thanks

04-10-12, 06:48 PM   #14
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Catitude View Post
Did you ever get this to work? Also, at least some of the time I get an error from the missing map that references Libmap Data missing & I'm trying to find out if this is something that can be updated separately or if it's just part of Carbonite...
Thanks
LibMapData 1.0 is part of GatherMate2 (and might be a part of other addons), but is, most definitely, not a part Carbonite.

Is your copy of GatherMate2 up-to-date? Latest release version can be downloaded from Curse.com Here (v1.16.2) and the latest Alpha version can be downloaded from the WoWAce Project Site Here (v1.16.2-1-gf3bf44d).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

04-17-12, 06:11 PM   #15
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
LibMapData 1.0 is part of GatherMate2 (and might be a part of other addons), but is, most definitely, not a part Carbonite.

Is your copy of GatherMate2 up-to-date? Latest release version can be downloaded from Curse.com Here (v1.16.2) and the latest Alpha version can be downloaded from the WoWAce Project Site Here (v1.16.2-1-gf3bf44d).
My GatherMate 2 is up to date. The LibMapData 1.0 missing error Pops up when I step into Darkmoon Faire where I have no Carbonite map showing for it. Map is completely black. I do not have my Blizz Minimap merged with my Carbonite map.

I still have no Pre-Cata Instance maps & I had thought that the LibMapData error might be connected.
I did follow Cobaltius' suggestion & copied the Missing Map images from the Atlas Modules folders into the Atlas/Images/Maps & it did not fix the problem.

Thank you

Last edited by Catitude : 04-17-12 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Additional Info

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Instance Maps - Please Help!