09-21-12, 10:10 PM   #1
siweia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
oUF causes a big problem

If you currently use a oUF unitframe, once you click on inspect on someone, it would definitely block the function to change the talents(not the spec).
Has anyone got the same problem yet?
09-22-12, 01:49 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

I use oUF, and I do not have any such problem.

Blizzard's taint blaming system is absolutely awful, and almost never blames the right addon. Most likely, if you disable oUF, you will still get the same error, just blaming another addon.
09-22-12, 04:36 AM   #3
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Isn't that the bug tukz described?

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
09-22-12, 08:50 AM   #4
siweia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I use oUF, and I do not have any such problem.

Blizzard's taint blaming system is absolutely awful, and almost never blames the right addon. Most likely, if you disable oUF, you will still get the same error, just blaming another addon.
I have tried oUF_Qulight, oUF_Mlight, oUF_Drk, oUF_Caellian, all of them got the same problems.
I found that, probably because of the code "ToggleDropDownMenu".

And also I found another problem that if you use "ToggleTalentFrame()", it would block the talent-changing function as well.
09-22-12, 02:04 PM   #5
Monolit
A Black Drake
Some of the authors in their layouts change tooltips to remove focus target option to avoid questions 'OhEmGe why does your add-on block my interface, fix please, thx", however that tooltip change can also cause taint issues.

Another thing is that in some oUF layouts authors tend to remove raid manager frame and that also can cause taint.
09-22-12, 02:31 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by siweia View Post
I have tried oUF_Qulight, oUF_Mlight, oUF_Drk, oUF_Caellian, all of them got the same problems.
I found that, probably because of the code "ToggleDropDownMenu".
My layout uses ToggleDropDownMenu, too, and I have no problems inspecting anyone, swapping specs, picking talents, etc.

Do you have the same problem if you disable all addons other than oUF and one oUF layout?
09-22-12, 09:12 PM   #7
siweia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

My layout uses ToggleDropDownMenu, too, and I have no problems inspecting anyone, swapping specs, picking talents, etc.

Do you have the same problem if you disable all addons other than oUF and one oUF layout?
I only enabled oUF and the layout when I was testing the problem, the block was still occur even disabled all the other addons.

Last edited by siweia : 09-22-12 at 09:22 PM.
09-22-12, 09:21 PM   #8
siweia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Monolit View Post
Some of the authors in their layouts change tooltips to remove focus target option to avoid questions 'OhEmGe why does your add-on block my interface, fix please, thx", however that tooltip change can also cause taint issues.

Another thing is that in some oUF layouts authors tend to remove raid manager frame and that also can cause taint.
In the oUF_Qulight, the author changed the tooltips, but even I deleted the codes and changed to the default tooltips, the block was still there. May that be Blizzard not allows other frame to manage the tooltips? I found that if you are a hunter, you are not allow to dismiss the pet on an oUF pet frame, it was blocked as well.
09-23-12, 07:47 AM   #9
Rainrider
A Firelord
https://github.com/haste/oUF/blob/ma...zzard.lua#L104 Maybe this? I don't have problems with it either.
09-23-12, 10:41 AM   #10
siweia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I just tried your oUF_Phanx, and then I clicked on the inspect on someone, it was blocked as well.
May be that only occour in CN realm and TW realm?

Last edited by siweia : 09-23-12 at 10:54 AM.
09-24-12, 10:57 AM   #11
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

I'm not experiencing the issues being described with my oUF layout. I doubt your locale has anything to do with it unless they have you using something different than patch 5.0.5 (build 16057).
09-25-12, 05:16 PM   #12
siweia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
I'm not experiencing the issues being described with my oUF layout. I doubt your locale has anything to do with it unless they have you using something different than patch 5.0.5 (build 16057).
all the world got the same build I think, but probably yes, because of the locale

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF causes a big problem