12-18-10, 03:33 AM   #1
thetravellor
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Wrong Version shown in Curse Client

Hi There

I have beta 4.032006 installed, the curse client always shows the incorrect version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-12-18 at 8.32.30 PM.png
Views:	705
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	5490  

12-18-10, 05:31 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've never used the Curse client, so I don't know what it is doing. You might want to ask on the Curse forums.

12-18-10, 11:13 AM   #3
RustyXXL
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I guess it's because 4.012 is the latest Carbonite uploaded to curse...I use Curse to update all other addons except Carbonite and Auctioneer...
In my opinion it would be much nicer to be able to download Carbonite there to, but it seems there's noone updating it regularly there, which is a pity, as updating addons there is as simple as klicking a button and i don't need to fiddle with the Dirs by hand, but I guess there are reasons Faatal and Havok don't use curse for distribution (though I never searched for them )

12-18-10, 09:55 PM   #4
Kathan
An Aku'mai Servant
WoW Interface has it's own updater.

12-19-10, 04:54 AM   #5
RustyXXL
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kathan View Post
WoW Interface has it's own updater.
Do you mean this minion-thingy, which always wants to downgrade my curse-mods to older versions? ;P

12-19-10, 10:04 AM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

The Curse client and Minion both suffer from basically the same problem. If there is an older version of an addon on the website for either, then the respective client will see it as "different" and therefore "new".

Shirik developed Minion in a modular fashion in the hopes that eventually Curse would come out with a module and therefore make Minion compatible with both sites. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-20-10, 01:03 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Several things you might want to be aware of, and the absolute first thing is this: The release version of Carbonite is ONLY hosted at WoWInterface.com (I am not sure where the beta's are hosted, but would guess at WoWI). The Curse Client shows a few addons in the installed list that are not hosted on Curse.com simply as a courtesy to their users to let them know when certain extremely popular addons are updated (such as Carbonite).

The second thing is this: Decide which addons you want to update with which updater (if you choose to use both) and "ignore" the unwanted addons in each. It's a simple "right-click" operation in either updater. Right-click the addon in the installed list, and choose whatever option it uses to ignore an addon. PRESTO!!! No more problems with one updater "down-dating" your favorite addon that the other updater just updated.

SHEESH!! I hope this really isn't as confusing as it appears (or sounds).

12-27-10, 06:14 AM   #8
thetravellor
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thanks, did not expect such a simple question to generate such a heated debate.

I am computer literate and quite well know how to use the curse client, minion (which doesnt work well at all). All I can tell you is that it used to work nicely before cata, now it doesnt.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Wrong Version shown in Curse Client