12-31-11, 10:14 PM   #1
Astaama
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Carbonite works on SR...but not WH

Howdy y'all..i play on Storm rage (newb frost/unholy DK) and on SR it works beautifully...

however....

on Wild hammer, where i have my main (85 frost DK) it wont work, at all...

any idea why??? i searched through all my WoW folders trying to find the realm folders and i cant..

12-31-11, 10:23 PM   #2
OmegaExtreme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

it shoudnt matter what realm your on unless your on a Protugese realm.

12-31-11, 10:30 PM   #3
Astaama
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That's what i was thinking..but my Carbonite with even enable in my addon window in game...

01-01-12, 01:09 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
If that's the case then you've installed it wrong. There should be four folders in your add ons folder: Carbonite, CarboniteItems, CarboniteNodes, CarboniteTransfer. If you have one folder (probably Carbonite4.2.3 or similar) the correct folders are probably inside it.

01-01-12, 01:21 PM   #5
Astaama
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
nope, I deleted carbonite from my folder, downloaded the 4.3 carbonite, moved the folders off.

and if that was the case, it wouldnt work at all...it does work..just only on 1 of my realms

01-01-12, 06:31 PM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Then I would try deleting the carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files from the <realm>/<toon>/SavedVariables folder (in the World of Warcraft/wtf folder) for the toon(s) where it's not working.

01-01-12, 06:34 PM   #7
Astaama
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i dont have those files...i turned on the "hidden files" thing too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no bueno.png
Views:	432
Size:	452.7 KB
ID:	6683  

01-01-12, 09:29 PM   #8
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Is the wtf folder in which you don't have those files in the same directory as the carbonite files that don't load when you start the game?

01-01-12, 10:38 PM   #9
Astaama
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
.....what??????

that is all that's in my WTF folder... ^^^^^^

01-02-12, 02:29 AM   #10
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Well, that's very odd. Try these. Backup one level in the directory tree to the World of Warcraft folder that wtf folder is in. Take a screenshot of what's in it and post it here. Then, in that World of Warcraft folder, drill down to World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons, and take a screenshot of that. Post both screenshots here.

I have a feeling I know what's going on, and I'm pretty sure those two screenshots will tell me.

01-02-12, 01:29 PM   #11
Astaama
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok, here you go..

my addons are..

Raven, DBM (classic, BC, Wrath, cata), Carbonite, healbot, Titan bar, and reforger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	warcraft.png
Views:	415
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	6687  Click image for larger version

Name:	carbonite.png
Views:	404
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	6688  

01-02-12, 02:48 PM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You may want to see if you have 2 WoW folders due to the way that Win7 permissions work. The other WoW folder may be at

C:\users\public\games\World of Warcraft\

01-02-12, 03:03 PM   #13
Astaama
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I never had a issue with carbonite until my laptop crashed..I recovered it and since them it wont work on wildhammer...but ill look I to the user file..I do have WoW, and WoWPTR

nothing in my user folder

Last edited by Astaama : 01-02-12 at 06:22 PM.

01-02-12, 06:34 PM   #14
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I think Vis is pointing us in the right direction.

If you start WoW from a shortcut, you might want to make sure it's pointing to the same copy of the application as is in the folder you posted.

Maybe you're accessing your WoWPTR copy in one case, but not the other.

01-02-12, 07:31 PM   #15
Astaama
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
if that was true, then why would it work on stormrage. if so it shouldn't work at all

01-02-12, 07:49 PM   #16
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The only thing I can say in that regard is I've seen some very very odd behavior from many addons when I was using it under Program Files in Win7.

Simple reason is that WoW initially wanted everything to go into a folder under User's due to persmission issues. WoW would still install to the Program Files folder but all the WTF and Interface info it needed was actually in the User folder.

People were finding that they would install their addons into the Program Folders listing, and things wouldn't work right, or vice versa. Some people did full reinstalls, some moved WoW out of Program Folders and some just dealt with it the best they could.

Honestly, I would start kinda from scratch to ensure there is nothing complicated due to your OS or folder structure. Find and backup your WTF and Interface folders from the path I mentioned. I'm willing to bet all your proper info will be there, not under Program Files. After backing that info up, I would Copy the entire WoW directory from Program Files into a diff location. I personally use C:\World of Warcraft Seems to work well with my copy of Win7 64 bit. Copy your previously saved Interface and WTF folders that were under "Users" into your newly created C:\World of Warcraft folder.

Run WoW at this point. Do you still see an issue? Is your UI all Fubar'd? (likely btw)

If you see no change to your issue, I would then suggest a full on clean sweep through your addons. Easiest way is the most destructive but also the most useful (I find a lot of addons I dont need anymore this way).... Delete (copy and set aside if you prefer) the WTF and Interface Folders completely. Load up WoW, login, etc etc. It will auto create the folders it needs. Reinstall your addons and see what happens. This is the method I prefer. It's 100% clean this way. Nothing remains of the old setup so you can start fresh and new. And most likely will never have an issue from scratch either.... besides remembering where you found that setting to do that ultra special thing that you really liked...

I apologize for the Wall O Text Crit, but there was a lot of thoughts into your problem.

01-02-12, 07:52 PM   #17
Astaama
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
no, my UI is perfect. iv never had a issue until my laptop crashed..

also, i dont have an "account" folder in WTF, as you saw..in my PTR folder i do..i think that might be my issue..

i un-installed and re-downloaded WoW 3 weeks ago after my laptop crashed due to weird random issues..

01-02-12, 07:54 PM   #18
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did you check the Users folder yet?

***EDIT*** Sorry, ignore that. I didn't see you had edited an earlier post.

WoW and WoWptr shouldn't have an issue. It still sounds like there may be multiple installs or locations hanging about. When you look at the properties of your shortcut, what path does it send you too?

Last edited by Vis : 01-02-12 at 07:57 PM.

01-02-12, 08:10 PM   #19
Astaama
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i pulled it from my C drive folder, created a shortcut and pinned it to my hot bar.

i deleted WTF, and interface..re-downloaded all the add ons, and carbonite still stays greyed out in wildhammer...

01-02-12, 08:12 PM   #20
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Astaama View Post
carbonite still stays greyed out in wildhammer...
Do you have a screenshot of what it looks like?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite works on SR...but not WH