09-01-06, 07:19 AM   #21
FoxOnTheNet
A Defias Bandit
Bar modification

Hello,
is it possible to change the casting bar so that an amount of width shows the amount of time left to cast? This would make it much easier to judge whether I should abort my cast (healing druid) or carry on through.

What I'm thinking of is on the following lines :
Full width of the bar is 6seconds (allows for things like curse of tongues)
If I'm casting a 3sec heal, it starts 1/2 way along the bar from the left and counts down (towards the left) from there. If a pally now spams a 1.5sec heal, they would start 1/4 of the way from the left and count down from there.
This way it's easy to judge visually who's heal will land first, rather than watching the bars race across.
09-01-06, 07:38 AM   #22
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
great idea!
09-01-06, 11:00 AM   #23
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Right now I'm sorting by start-time, I also could sory by the approximate time when the heal will land on the target and all you'd need to do is look if your bar (the red one) is at the top or not.
09-02-06, 05:31 AM   #24
FoxOnTheNet
A Defias Bandit
That achieves the same final effect, sounds easier to implement and more proof against debuffs putting cast times waaay higher than normal.

Yes please!

Fingers crossed regular resorting to take interrupts in to account doesn't turn things in to a lag fest, though plenty of other mods do that.
09-02-06, 09:28 AM   #25
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Foxy, can you try this and see if it helps?

HealSync.lua, around line 111 there's the function that's used to sort the heal table, something like this:
Code:
local function sort(left, right)
	return left[4] < right[4]
end
Chang it to
Code:
local function sort(left, right)
	return left[4] + left[5] < right[4] + right[5]
end
and it should sort by the time the heal will land (approximately)
09-21-06, 11:06 AM   #26
Saucepan
A Murloc Raider
This mod is amazing for my as my Guild's Main Tank. I use it so that I can see the heals bieng cast on me so i know what to expect as far as using pots etc.

The one thing that is annoying is how it only shows heals from OUTSIDE my current party. We often have the main healers for specific tanks in each party. I understand this is probably a coding issue, but is there anyway that this is going to be fixed in the future?
09-21-06, 03:41 PM   #27
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Saucepan
This mod is amazing for my as my Guild's Main Tank. I use it so that I can see the heals bieng cast on me so i know what to expect as far as using pots etc.

The one thing that is annoying is how it only shows heals from OUTSIDE my current party. We often have the main healers for specific tanks in each party. I understand this is probably a coding issue, but is there anyway that this is going to be fixed in the future?
do your party healers have the mod installed?
09-22-06, 11:13 AM   #28
Saucepan
A Murloc Raider
Yes at least one of them always does. My girlfriend is the GM and main healer for the raid, so she is always healing me, and she uses HealSync. We discouraged other healers from using the mod too because it lead to TONS of tank death. 4 Healers would start healing the tank, and all 4 would be like "oh it looks like he is getting heals anyway so i'll cancel my heal and save my mana" which leads to NO heals and a dead tank. My GF uses it to help gauge incoming heals though since she is the one rotating healer gropus in and out...

and no i don't see her cast bar when she is trying to heal me. By the way I think i'll be installing HealWatch tonight to see how that works too, might offer the functionality I need though i'm not sure if it requires all the healers to have the mod or not (if it does then we might run into the "no heals on tank" syndrom again)
09-22-06, 12:58 PM   #29
Hilly
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
*sorry to go off the main topic for a minute
If they are stopping their heals simply because another heal is inbound then you need to slap your healers. It's not unusual for me to see 5-6 heals(including my own) in progress on our MT in some fights. The trick is trying to determine the timing. If the tank is at full health and your Gheal is about to land then you can cancel it. Otherwise you ride it out.
09-25-06, 08:25 AM   #30
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Hilly
If they are stopping their heals simply because another heal is inbound then you need to slap your healers. It's not unusual for me to see 5-6 heals(including my own) in progress on our MT in some fights. The trick is trying to determine the timing. If the tank is at full health and your Gheal is about to land then you can cancel it. Otherwise you ride it out.
Now if the tank is at 75% do all 5-6 healers cast the spell? That would be an immense waste of mana..

The trick is to make a healer priority, the priority healers don't abort, all other abort if they see someone else is healing. Maybe it's too hard to read the healer names, so you also could set up class-priority, I think it's easier to see the bar color than the healer name (eg. paladins/druids abort if there's a priester healing, paladins abort if there's a druid healing),

Saucepan, you and your GF should have both the latest version installed, I know there was a backwards imconpatible change sometimes long ago, but it shouldn't be that hard to convince her tp update in case she has an older version

To test it, you can create a raid, put both you and your GF to the same group and tell her to cast a heal on you, if it doesn't work, let me know, I'll fix that ASAP
09-25-06, 10:46 AM   #31
Saucepan
A Murloc Raider
Ahh thats probably it Shag. She has been using Healsync for a month or 2 and i just installed it. When she saw it on my screen she was like "wow the classes have different colors?" so yeah she must have an old version. I'll get hers updated, and maybe request that some of our other "main healers" pick up the mod. Since i'm the MT there is usually one of 4-5 healers who are priority on me, and its usually teh same people. Them having healsync would probably be a good idea anyway, we just want to avoid the issue of having the whole raid with healsync and everyone trying to secondguess each other :P
09-25-06, 03:46 PM   #32
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Saucepan
we just want to avoid the issue of having the whole raid with healsync and everyone trying to secondguess each other :P
The combatlog scanner should work fine, I don't even know who in my raid has HealSync installed and who not.
I don't know why Blizzard decided that, but the client doesn't receive combatlog events for spells being cast by the party members. If your healer is in the same group as you, both have to have HealSync installed for you to see his/her heals. In all other situations the combatlog scanner should do the job quite reliably.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Shag's HealSync