12-10-13, 09:11 PM   #1
lfravel
A Defias Bandit
Quest Log

Is anyone else having problems getting the quest log to show any quests since the new patch. All I am getting is a bunch of - signs down the entire left side of the log. If I disable NUI I can see the Quest Log.

There are no error messages, When you hit the L key to bring up the quest log the log box opens and all that is displayed is a - sign for every line that would normally sow a quest. Nothing shows up on the map when the M key is pressed.

I am playing a warlock and all I can see is my minion - the void walker. I cannot see myself.

If I close NUI only in the add ons then I get the Blizz bars and everything works. All other add ons like titan panel work fine with or with out NUI active.

I repeat there are no error messages.

Last edited by lfravel : 12-12-13 at 05:37 PM.

12-11-13, 04:12 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are getting any error messages relating to the main menu then the solution has already been posted in another thread.

12-14-13, 08:03 PM   #3
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
this is a taint from the minimenubar error that has been reported in another thread.

**** This file fix is in the patch that Scott released on the 13th *****

go to this msg to get a file that will 'fix' it for now

micromenubar error fix

you will need to download it and copy it to your wow directory.. \interface\addons\nUI\Bars

though it still errors with pet battles, and repositions itself, you'll need to do a /nui rl to then fix it again after a pet battle
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

Last edited by Blanckaert : 12-14-13 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Fix is in patch release

12-14-13, 09:33 PM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You shouldn't need to use Xrystal's patch file anymore. There's an update out for nUI5 and nUI6 both that fixes that problem.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-14-13, 10:32 PM   #5
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
You shouldn't need to use Xrystal's patch file anymore. There's an update out for nUI5 and nUI6 both that fixes that problem.
Sorry Scott..

I didn't know if it had the fix in it or not... Guess it would help if I'd actually check it

Also... Thanks Scott for all you do
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Quest Log