Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Compact Loot Frames

Important:

Read the last post in this thread for 1.9 compatibility

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...2&postcount=29

-----------------

Hello everyone! I've just released a new mod which to my knowledge hasn't been done by another mod before (at least I hope it hasn't, don't want to step on anyone's feet).

Anyway, what does it do you ask? The mod (Compact Loot Frames) makes the loot roll windows smaller and also allows you to move each one of them individually. Its handily if you don't want roll windows popping up on your screen mid combat, but rather at the side or another place where you would rather them.

Take a look here if you are interested (pictures included):

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4154

And please post comments and questions below (or on the mod page under downloads) if you would like to .

CHANGELOG
- Support for KC_Items and LootLink removed! (see below)
- Item links now display without any external mod (blizzard added a function to the api)
- Items can now be shift-linked via the icon on the loot windows
- Items can now be viewed in the dressing room with ctrl+click via the icon on the loot windows
- Item names are back! You can toggle them on or off, on the frames, in the chat or both!
- LootLink and KC_Items are optional, instead of displaying an item's name in the chat a clickable link will appear
- You can now pick a custom scale for your loot frames, just type /clf scale
- You can now pick a custom colour for your loot frames, just type /clf colour
- Now wow1.7 Compatible (Greed Button added, Close Button added)
- .toc Typo fixed (read as "Compact Group Loot" instead of "Compact Loot Frames")
- Version number now included on the addons screen and in the chat frame when you log in
- Initial Release for wow1.6

Kasheen

Last edited by Kasheen : 01-03-06 at 06:53 AM.
09-08-05, 02:14 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It looks good Kasheen, nice work.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-08-05, 02:18 PM   #3
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Cairenn
It looks good Kasheen, nice work.
Thank you! I also intend to add a few features that allow users to colourise the frames with a few pre-selected colours and perhaps allow them to set the scale of the frames themselves . We will see how that goes though!
09-09-05, 09:26 AM   #4
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Gonne break come Tuesday. I'd suggest working on the update now.
09-09-05, 09:57 AM   #5
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by guice
Gonne break come Tuesday. I'd suggest working on the update now.
Working on it as we speak .

Edit: Do the americans get their patch on Wednesday or Tuesday morning? I think its Tuesday but I'm not entirely sure. At any rate I'll put out the update the day before.

Last edited by Kasheen : 09-09-05 at 10:01 AM.
09-09-05, 10:21 AM   #6
Gello
A Molten Giant
Tuesday mornings. They're usually up around 2pm est (7pm gmt)
09-09-05, 10:48 AM   #7
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thank you, I'll make sure that I update the mod to the site sometime on monday then, I have the code all sorted out now and am just messing about with it on the test realms. There is a fail safe in version 1.0 which wont allow it to work on 1.7 (the normal loot frames will show up).

Edit: Mod is under going the update now, a version compatible with 1.7 is being uploaded and Ill post a list of new features when it is authed . (The CMs still haven't comfirmed or denied 1.7's release though which is a tad annoying, if I've set it all up right though I think the 1.6 compatible CLF will be in the "mod archive")

Last edited by Kasheen : 09-12-05 at 02:40 PM.
09-12-05, 04:01 PM   #8
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Compact Loot Frames 1.3 (FOR WOW 1.7) has arrived!

I'm releasing Compact Loot Frames 1.3 which everyone will need to upgrade to in order to use the mod with World Of Warcraft 1.7.

New Features:
- You can now make the frames any colour you want.
- You can now make the frames a number of different sizes, just make sure you dont make them too small . (I've picked a valid scale range which I think gives reasonable sizes)

Please note that CLF 1.3 will NOT work with Warcraft 1.6 and lower (of course this shouldn't mater as once you are on wow1.7 you wont be going back!)

(Im not sure when wow1.7 will be out but I'm posting this monday incase it is out tuesday, I have a feeling it wont be though for some reason).

Again the link is:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4154

EDIT:

Almost forgot ( ): A very special thanks to Mondinga and Gello who helped me understand scaling and gave me a few tips on how to keep it stable for use.

Last edited by Kasheen : 09-12-05 at 04:05 PM.
09-12-05, 07:14 PM   #9
Szakura
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thumbs up Smashing!

I visted my friend's and noticed her using it, yes...very very nice indeed

"Now go to your rooms and spank yourselves!" - Homer Simpson
09-13-05, 04:00 AM   #10
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Hope you like it , Version 1.3 will work when warcraft 1.7patch is out and then it will be even more pretty with all the nice colours and stuff
09-13-05, 04:45 AM   #11
Sariash
A Fallenroot Satyr
I really like them, but... since I'm too lazy to move the mouse sometimes I miss the itemnames - any chance you could include the option to show them, maybe with a smaller font then the default frames (eg, Minigroup 0.5's MGTinyFont and MGNotSoTinyFont are a lot smaller then the standard font). Or, just print them to the chatframe with DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage ... optionally of course.

Last edited by Sariash : 09-13-05 at 04:55 AM.
09-13-05, 05:36 AM   #12
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Sariash
I really like them, but... since I'm too lazy to move the mouse sometimes I miss the itemnames - any chance you could include the option to show them, maybe with a smaller font then the default frames (eg, Minigroup 0.5's MGTinyFont and MGNotSoTinyFont are a lot smaller then the standard font). Or, just print them to the chatframe with DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage ... optionally of course.
Sure, Ill see what I can do once the servers all come back
09-16-05, 08:28 AM   #13
Sariash
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok, now I was faster ...

I just uncommented
Code:
local color = ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS[quality];
and added
Code:
ChatFrame3:AddMessage("|cffffffffCLF: |r"..name,color.r, color.g, color.b)
after it.
09-16-05, 12:57 PM   #14
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

That works pretty good , sorry I haven't updated it yet, I intend to work on it right now and it shouldn't take me long to add it all in as an option and have the name on the loot frame.

edited for tone, I just got in the door after repairing a busted GPU for a friend .

Last edited by Kasheen : 09-16-05 at 01:15 PM.
09-16-05, 11:15 PM   #15
Sariash
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kasheen
That works pretty good , sorry I haven't updated it yet, I intend to work on it right now and it shouldn't take me long to add it all in as an option and have the name on the loot frame.

edited for tone, I just got in the door after repairing a busted GPU for a friend .
No panic Kasheen - I have time. Just like to try things sometimes myself :-)
Btw, I thought... the colored text in the chatframe is nice and all, but is there a way to make it an clickable Itemlink. You could strg-click to watch the items in the dressing room (strg-click on the icon in loot frames doesn't work I think) - right now, you have to wait until someone selcted need/greed ... so you have the Itemlink in the ... selected textlines.
09-17-05, 11:07 AM   #16
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

No panic Kasheen - I have time. Just like to try things sometimes myself :-)
Btw, I thought... the colored text in the chatframe is nice and all, but is there a way to make it an clickable Itemlink. You could strg-click to watch the items in the dressing room (strg-click on the icon in loot frames doesn't work I think) - right now, you have to wait until someone selcted need/greed ... so you have the Itemlink in the ... selected textlines.
Thats a good idea having it come up as a link in the chat. So far Ive got the toggle working, slash commands working, item name showing on the lootframe and in chat (you can have both of those at the same time, one of them, or neither). Ill have to look at how to build an item link though.

As for the dressing room ill need to test that out, I think that works with the normal blizzard frames so it should work here but if it doesn't ill go about making the item crtl+click in order to view it. When you say strg-click is that from a non-english keyboard or is that a term im missing?

Thanks for all your ideas and input, its nice to get feedback about what people want . . . . now to get a gnomeregan group to test the item names. . . .
09-18-05, 01:08 AM   #17
Sariash
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thats a good idea having it come up as a link in the chat. So far Ive got the toggle working, slash commands working, item name showing on the lootframe and in chat (you can have both of those at the same time, one of them, or neither). Ill have to look at how to build an item link though.
Great :-)

As for the dressing room ill need to test that out, I think that works with the normal blizzard frames so it should work here but if it doesn't ill go about making the item crtl+click in order to view it. When you say strg-click is that from a non-english keyboard or is that a term im missing?
I never tried it, but the I heared ingame from others that tne normal blizzard group loot frames don't accept a ctrl+click. Not sure if it should work (for the strg, yes non-english keyboard ... i was tired or something - ctrl = control ... strg = steuerung ... just the german word for control).[/quote]

Thanks for all your ideas and input, its nice to get feedback about what people want . . . . now to get a gnomeregan group to test the item names. . . .
No problem... good luck in Gnomeregan
09-18-05, 12:42 PM   #18
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Great :-)

I never tried it, but the I heared ingame from others that tne normal blizzard group loot frames don't accept a ctrl+click. Not sure if it should work (for the strg, yes non-english keyboard ... i was tired or something - ctrl = control ... strg = steuerung ... just the german word for control).

No problem... good luck in Gnomeregan
Hhmm ok. I went on a big testing spree at gnomeregan and it appears that the items are going to the chat fine, and also going to the frame fine. But when I tried to shift click and ctrl click the item on the loot frame it didnt work as you said. Now I think thats because the loot frame never gets the actual item, just a texture, a tooltip, and a lootID. That means I may not even be able to create a link to put on the chat screen :/. I could get it to link if I used Telo's loot link as an optional dependancy but Im going to see if WoW has a way of getting the item's link details by using an item name.
09-18-05, 03:09 PM   #19
Sariash
A Fallenroot Satyr
I allready thought that the itemlink idea isn't possible, maybe you find a way ... if not, the lootlink ides is nice ... just, that I would prefer kc_items
09-19-05, 12:23 PM   #20
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I allready thought that the itemlink idea isn't possible, maybe you find a way ... if not, the lootlink ides is nice ... just, that I would prefer kc_items
I'll do support for both (as an optional dependancy). I'm just about to test the lootlink support now and I think I can see a way to make KC_Items support as well.

Edit:

Support for both is now working. Loot Link support seems to be faster though as it stores its items by name so you can simply pull one out of the table with table[name]. Of course its disadvantage is that its DB is quite big and also I dont think you get the masterDB thing that you do with KC.

Running KC on the other hand produced a slight stutter on my system (Athlon 64+2800, 1gig of ram) when using KC's MasterDB. This is because KC_Items stores by id instead of name so you must search the database in order to get the item and return when it finds the item. Of course the advantage here is that a masterDB has been released and that the database size is waaaay smaller than LootLink.

So now I'm just polishing this, Im going to see if I can optimise the search in anyway but its really a very simple search so I dont think there is anything I can do, unless the database is stored in order, in which case I can do a binary search and get the result in a fraction of the time.

Edit 2: Looks like KC does indeed sort its items so Ill see if I can search that table using a better algorithm to stop the stutter .

Last edited by Kasheen : 09-19-05 at 03:17 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Compact Loot Frames