07-01-16, 12:29 AM   #1
Jaredk1981
A Defias Bandit

WoW Says Current Version of Carbonite is out of date

Recently downloaded recent version of Carbonite(6.2.0) But WoW says the addon is out of date. While I can go ahead and load them I have noticed it is causing performance issues. Why is WoW saying its out of date if its the current version?
07-01-16, 12:35 AM   #2
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jaredk1981 View Post
Recently downloaded recent version of Carbonite(6.2.0) But WoW says the addon is out of date. While I can go ahead and load them I have noticed it is causing performance issues. Why is WoW saying its out of date if its the current version?
The .toc file (the control file for an addon) has a specific WoW version listed in it (e.g., ## Interface: 62400 for the current WoW Revision of 6.2.4). If the .toc file lists a humber (say, 62300) then WoW will consider it 'out of date' even if it is the latest release of the addon. In 99.9999% of cases, just 'enabled out of date addons' and you're fine (expansions not withstanding) as addon many authors find it onerous on users to download a 'new version' of the addon with no changes save an update in the .toc file's ## Interface: nnnnn line.
07-01-16, 12:38 AM   #3
Jaredk1981
A Defias Bandit

Which I have done but notice its causing performance issues while I play. I'm sure you remember from past versions of WoW (BC, WOTLK ect) if you loaded an out of date Addon a message box would tell you that it may cause performance issues and may cause WoW to act erratically. This is what I am currently dealing with.
07-01-16, 12:45 AM   #4
Jaredk1981
A Defias Bandit

Also I have run Spyware scan's, Virus scans, malware scans and have done a defrag on my computer, Its clean and defragged. also my in game graphics setting are set to LOW and triple buffering is enabled as well. Resolution in game is also set to a lower setting as well. I didnt start having the issues until I installed the Carbonite Addon's.
07-01-16, 01:47 AM   #5
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Where did you download an out of date version of carbonite?

The one on here would not be marked as out of date for the live version of the game.
07-01-16, 04:13 AM   #6
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by Jaredk1981 View Post
Which I have done but notice its causing performance issues while I play. I'm sure you remember from past versions of WoW (BC, WOTLK ect) if you loaded an out of date Addon a message box would tell you that it may cause performance issues and may cause WoW to act erratically. This is what I am currently dealing with.
That was an indemnification of the WoW client from Addon-caused issues, so-called 'out of date' addons are not, in-and-of-themselves problematic (I run a couple that haven't been updated since BC and they run perfectly). If addons rely on things that have been changed from update to update, those addons will have issues, yes.

Re Carbonite... you say it like it's a single package but it's broken down into modules now and, far as I know, there isn't a single per-se 'Carbonite' package to download (though I may be wrong in this, a cursory search did not provide one).

I'd suggest removing what you have now and downloading from this site the Carbonite bits and bobs that you need. (Click Here for to Download Carbonite modules from WoW Interface)

You can also address Rythal and other Carbonite users in the Carbonite forums on this site. They'll likely have more specific help if you need it.
07-01-16, 10:19 PM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by VincentSDSH View Post
The .toc file (the control file for an addon) has a specific WoW version listed in it (e.g., ## Interface: 62400 for the current WoW Revision of 6.2.4). If the .toc file lists a humber (say, 62300) then WoW will consider it 'out of date' even if it is the latest release of the addon.
Those Interface versions aren't even remotely correct. For the WoW 6.2.x patches, the Interface would be 60200 - that would cover 6.2.0, 6.2.1, 6.2.3, etc.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
07-02-16, 12:31 AM   #8
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Those Interface versions aren't even remotely correct. For the WoW 6.2.x patches, the Interface would be 60200 - that would cover 6.2.0, 6.2.1, 6.2.3, etc.
I reserve the right, for all posts after 1am, to copy/paste out of a random .toc file from my plethora of installed addons and expand on a theme without first quaffing the requisite coffee to ensure I can tell one digit from another or remembering that WoW doesn't seem to give revision (m.m.r) control in the .toc.

If you disagree, bring me coffee.

[Edit: in fact, even if you agree, bring me coffee]
07-02-16, 06:21 AM   #9
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'll be keeping the coffee, thanks.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
07-02-16, 06:39 AM   #10
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
I'll be keeping the coffee, thanks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » WoW Says Current Version of Carbonite is out of date