04-05-09, 06:40 PM   #1
Raulm
A Defias Bandit
An idea/LF: Make or Buy addon

Hi yaz

Looking for a simple in-game calculator UI that can be used to for "make or buy" decisions while in the AH. Currently alt-tabbing out to spreadsheet where I have to enter the mats costs etc. Trying to eliminate that.

What i'd like to do is:

1 - Have access to the recipe/plans d/b's for extraction and loading into calc ui, automated in some way such as a drop down like the current tradeskill ui
2 - Populate the mat lines with their current costs in AH with ability to choose between average, high/low or mode etc.
3 - Input the cost of the finished item as per the AH
4 - Have a "make or buy" icon pop-up.

As far as I can find, this is similar to tradeskill mods such as Lilsparky's workshop but that seems to be limited to having to be trained in that skill. There are other similiar mods such as Matscost and Profitmax but again they don't appear to do what I want.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

04-11-09, 12:01 AM   #2
celebros
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If I'm understanding what your wanting correctly there is a trio of addins that can provide a solution for you.

First you need either Auctioneer or AuctionLite. I'm using AuctionLite.
Next is Skillet, which provides a nice improvement over the default crafting interface. Lastly is the glue that ties the other two together, LilSparkysWorkshop. This addon will take pricing info gathered from the auction house and show that info inline in skillet.
04-13-09, 04:53 PM   #3
Raulm
A Defias Bandit
Hi Celebros - thanks for the reply.

I've now looked at those 3 in combination but while close, they still don't do what I wanted for non-known trade skills.

As an example of the scenario I'm looking at, I want to take a Lvl 1 alt that has no trade skills and allow it see the mats that go into an item, what ever that item may be.

LSW certainly does it if the trade skill is known by the character but doesn't appear to allow it if it isn't known by the character.

Am I missing something with LSW as I can't find a configuration function on it atm?

Your help is appreciated, thanks.
04-13-09, 05:10 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
There is a way to get a list of reagents from a RecipeID but the question is whether the RecipeID is available if you don't have the skill available on any of your characters.

Based on your question I am assuming you have someone that can make the items in question and you are just working out whether it is cheaper to buy the mats or buy the item. In that instance I would suggest the suggested addons are used by the crafter. If once they throw out something for your Level 1 alt (I assume your bank toon) then they can go buy the respective mats. I apologise if that is not what you are asking for but if not why do you need this particular functionality.
04-13-09, 07:21 PM   #5
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

From the sounds of it, you need TradeSkillInfo.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-21-09, 03:32 PM   #6
Raulm
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the replies Xrystal and Torhal

As you say Xrystal, I'm looking at whether it's cheaper to buy or make an item on a lv1 bank alt and it looks like Tradeskill does have the baseline functionality I have been looking for.

TS does display "unknown to toon(s)" recipes (or at least i've not hit an issues so far) so I'm able do in-game shopping and achieve what I was after with a mod of this type. I'd like to modify it a little but I'm afraid I don't have knowledge to do so.

Last edited by Raulm : 04-21-09 at 03:41 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » An idea/LF: Make or Buy addon