12-18-11, 04:51 PM   #1
kc9718
A Murloc Raider

Exclamation "Quest not in database"

I have been having a problem, pretty much ever since Cata came out, and any WoW patches since that have introduced new quests. I am getting a "Quest not in database" notification on 99 out of 100 quests it seems - ESPECIALLY on 'chained' quests. It has gotten to the point where I have ultimately had to DISABLE Carbonite, in order to do ANY questing at all.

Now, here is what I have done, in trying to fix this (and I have done them repeatedly, in hopes of getting this solved) - 1.)DELETE ALL Carbonite folders entirely from my Addons folder, then re-install with the LATEST downloads available from www.carboniteaddon.com/download.shtml, making sure my installation path is correct, and verifying it after installation; 2.) when step 1.) didn't fix the problem, DELETE the Carbonite.lua file from the WTF folder AND perform step 1.) again.

I have even gone as far as using the wow repair program, and un-installing WoW completely, then doing a totally clean install of EVERYTHING, several times, with no luck either. I am at the point where I do not know if this is just a Carbonite issue, or a WoW issue, or some combination of both...

Except for this "Quest not in database" issue, EVERYTHING ELSE works perfectly!

I keep having this problem, and am at wits end trying to correct this. I LOVE Carbonite, and miss not being able to use it! I hope someone has a suggestion or answer that will work. Thanks!

Oh, and PLEASE don't just tell me to post each 'missing' quest ONE AT A TIME. After having compiled over 12 pages, front & back of the quests coming up as 'not in database', I would spend a lifetime trying to 'report' them individually.

12-18-11, 07:25 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're getting that message most likely because you are doing end-game (what I call all of the high level quests) quests, and no one has submitted them to the developers for inclusion in the next update. There has also been, what, three WoW updates since Cataclysm released? If no one submits their Carbonite saved variables files to the developers, they have no data to put in the addon for new quests the next update they release.

Please see This Thread to find out how to submit your data for Carbonite.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » "Quest not in database"