12-27-06, 10:10 PM   #61
lxsli
A Defias Bandit
How can I set this up to give me a stanced bar which flips when I hold any combination of modifiers? I like only having 12 buttons on screen at once

I usually use a tapered 4x3 set, so ideally something using 3 bars, one per row.

edit: also I can't seem to change the showstates of headers (righthand most column), they just change back

edit: and the shift header starts with showstate 1, unlike ctrl and alt which start with 0

edit: and how do I add buttons to my shift bar, when shift-lclick is bound to increase horz spacing?

Last edited by lxsli : 12-27-06 at 10:14 PM.

12-27-06, 11:17 PM   #62
namuh1
A Murloc Raider
Still scratching my head over this as it keeps changing. Loading the latest 20003.6.2 i had all my bars messed up so i deleted the savedvariable files and got what I believe is now the default startup state for a fresh install. BUT there are now WAY more bars than I need so HOW do I DELETE the ones I don't need???? What does the tooltip mean 'Store all docks' and 'Store all buttons' And what does the individual Store/Restore for a dock do? Store - the chosen thing dock or buttons disappear... where do they go? Restore - they come back.... why would you do this?... Confused as heck and begging for more complete documentation before the feature sets change beyond recognition..... again

12-28-06, 12:52 AM   #63
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by lxsli
How can I set this up to give me a stanced bar which flips when I hold any combination of modifiers? I like only having 12 buttons on screen at once

I usually use a tapered 4x3 set, so ideally something using 3 bars, one per row.

edit: also I can't seem to change the showstates of headers (righthand most column), they just change back

edit: and the shift header starts with showstate 1, unlike ctrl and alt which start with 0

edit: and how do I add buttons to my shift bar, when shift-lclick is bound to increase horz spacing?
Basically you want to use one modifier per bar, though you can cascade them. The modifier headers work bext when they are the first headers.

If you set a number higher than the scope of the header in step above, it will reset.

About the shift-bar and using shift on the configuration keys .... umm, that's a good question It seems I will have to address it.

12-28-06, 12:58 AM   #64
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by namuh1
Still scratching my head over this as it keeps changing. Loading the latest 20003.6.2 i had all my bars messed up so i deleted the savedvariable files and got what I believe is now the default startup state for a fresh install. BUT there are now WAY more bars than I need so HOW do I DELETE the ones I don't need???? What does the tooltip mean 'Store all docks' and 'Store all buttons' And what does the individual Store/Restore for a dock do? Store - the chosen thing dock or buttons disappear... where do they go? Restore - they come back.... why would you do this?... Confused as heck and begging for more complete documentation before the feature sets change beyond recognition..... again
I apologize for the addon whiplash I am giving some people. In my mind I have a deadline of Jan 16th to devote time to development, because after that, I will be putting most hours into Burning Crusade So I am trying to get a stable, feature rich addon out there that I will only have to maintain after that day.

There are now alot of bars because many people were thrown off by my reduction of them. So I reverted back. Right now there is no delete option, but you can store them and never see them again. Why would I do this? Well, some people will never have a use for the form bar, but everytime they go into config mode it will pop up, so I give the choice of a perma-hide via store. The storage of buttons is intended for those folks who want to drop spells on buttons, bind them then hide them. I am still working on perfecting this.

12-28-06, 01:13 AM   #65
Bob13
A Kobold Labourer
I swear I posted this yesterday, but I can't seem to find said post... so maybe I didn't!

I reallllly like your mod. However, I haven't really had enough time to play with most of the functions etc. I was just wondering how to get it to skip empty pages when I turn said pages? Also is it possible to have two rows flip at a time? The previous combination I used was powerbar and gypsy hotbars. I'd have four bars showing, two rows of 12 on each side, and when I'd turn the page they'd all flip... maybe I'm asking too much eh?

12-28-06, 02:30 AM   #66
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Bob13
I swear I posted this yesterday, but I can't seem to find said post... so maybe I didn't!

I reallllly like your mod. However, I haven't really had enough time to play with most of the functions etc. I was just wondering how to get it to skip empty pages when I turn said pages? Also is it possible to have two rows flip at a time? The previous combination I used was powerbar and gypsy hotbars. I'd have four bars showing, two rows of 12 on each side, and when I'd turn the page they'd all flip... maybe I'm asking too much eh?
Honestly, I have not figured out how to do this reliably yet. Every time I tackle the problem and test it, it starts skipping a page that has buttons on it. Unlike pre 2.0 where you could just about code the buttons to behave anyway you wanted, post 2.0 there are some strict rules to follow. There are rules available for doing something like skipping empty pages, but the implementation has just been tricky.

12-28-06, 09:01 AM   #67
namuh1
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Maul
I apologize for the addon whiplash I am giving some people. In my mind I have a deadline of Jan 16th to devote time to development, because after that, I will be putting most hours into Burning Crusade So I am trying to get a stable, feature rich addon out there that I will only have to maintain after that day.
No need to apologize at all. We can't do this for ourselves (lol or we would) for any number of reasons. I'm sure the whole community is grateful to you for making this effort. I know that I am. I hope you don't mind the constant feedback when we uncover the bugs. Like it says on the first page of the Download... This is a BETA.....Use it if you're willing to help.... we're all committed to helping you perfect it.

12-28-06, 09:15 AM   #68
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Took a quick skim and didnt see this in here, the pet bar has no cooldown.. when my pet attacks i can't tell if hes useing any of his abilitys. Any help on this ? thanks

Last edited by tralkar : 12-28-06 at 12:10 PM.

12-28-06, 01:50 PM   #69
kaashar
A Defias Bandit
Love the latest beta. MUCH better for us users.

12-28-06, 02:15 PM   #70
Purity
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hmm addon whiplash to people? I am impressed your even responding. This is beta period. People are welcome to leave posts with bugs and feedback on performance...but honestly should not expect the level of handholding your offering "for right now".

I am a big fan of what you are doing here. Please stay focused on your coding(and have fun!) and do not get burned out. Take a break from the forums or ask a friend to relay a "consolidated" list of bugs/ ideas to you once a day, while they can answer some posts or just remind people its a beta. (It is the holdays after all, ya know?!)

BC will be here soon enough and who knows what changes Blizz may throw out then.

So anyways, thank you for all of your efforts!

(Psst!...I realize we aren't paying "you" a monthly fee to deliver a grand gaming ui. lol. )

12-28-06, 09:21 PM   #71
Jhe'nara
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Thanks

Maul,

Just wanted to say thanks so much for all the time and effort you've
put into this great addon. We appreciate it a LOT! I'm beginning to
wrap my tiny brain around the directions, and am figuring things out
slowly. There's no way in Hades I could have created something
like this, and I'm sure glad you could. Just FYI!

12-30-06, 01:23 AM   #72
floufae
A Kobold Labourer
Druid prowl making my hair fall out

I'm trying to follow the directions in the instructions for what I assume is a combo bar.

Goal:
(A) 1 Bar that appears when in kitty form that then disappears when I go into prowl and is replaced by

(B) a Prowl bar with just my buttons I might use when stealthed.

Process:
Followed intructions.

Made Stance active
Went to kitty form (see all my kitty buttons there)
made stealth active, changed last number on stealth control to 3 to match stance green #
(kitty bar is replaced by empty bar)
Go into Prowl
Add buttons to prowl bar
Leave Prowl
All the stealth buttons remain and my kitty buttons are nowhere to be found.

What am I missing?

Also, since I use a HuD, I chose to remove the caster bar by using the X. But now when I log in the caster bar is in the middle of the screen showing with no dock around it to control or move it even.

Last edited by floufae : 12-30-06 at 01:29 AM.

12-30-06, 02:32 PM   #73
Punkedya
A Kobold Labourer
Expericene Bar

Great Mod! Thanks for taking the time to make such a great tool available to us all.

I am having an issue with the experience bar. For some reason I can only see the % on it, but I know orginally I could see what I had for exact points such as 34,642 / 209,800.

If I right clicked it showed rested amount as well.

For some reason on all my characters all the extra information is missing, except for the default percent. Does anyone know how to get this back? I tried opening the Dock Frame Sub menu with the exp bar highlighted. Then I would click on reset the dock button to the left in the sub menu. Sadly this did not fix my problem. If anyone knows the answer on how to get the rest of the information back it would be greatly appreciated.

Punkedya
Alter of Storms

12-31-06, 07:00 PM   #74
Aeloran
A Kobold Labourer
How do I delete docks completely?

I have about 40 docks with no buttons on my screen. How do I delete them? I kept creating new ones under the 'create additional dock' option in the 'dock frame options' menu and now I want to delete them. hehe.

Thanks

01-01-07, 06:01 AM   #75
phoenixsr
A Kobold Labourer
Delete Old Docks

I have the same question about deleting older profiles/docks. Is there an option to remove an older profile/dock? I also wanted to know if there was a Magic "go back to default setup" dock that I can go to. Just in case something is wrong and I wanted to rebuild from the inital setting/profile/dock

01-03-07, 11:22 AM   #76
namuh1
A Murloc Raider
I either missed how to do this or it isn't there? Can you set up a Control Key Dock to toggle and STAY rather than having to continuously hold the key down. I.E. Set up a Shift Dock so the pressing the SHIFT Key causes a second Bar to swap in and then pressing the SHIFT Key a second time causes the Original Dock to swap back in? If this can't be done please accept it as a Feature Request.

Thanks

01-03-07, 04:04 PM   #77
Housellama
An Aku'mai Servant

Is there any way to make a paged header that only has two pages? Or perhaps a bar that is toggled through a keypress, like the letter F.

I'm a hunter looking for a simple bar or a set of two bars I can switch back and forth between with a single keystroke.

Any ideas?

-Tug

01-03-07, 06:54 PM   #78
lart
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, first of all a great Bar Mod.

Unfortunatly i have about 3 problems with it, maybe you Maul or someone else can give me a hint on how to resolve these issues.

1. Spirit of Redemption (Stance)

Right now, i have the wrong buttons assigned to this bar. I cannot change these, as i cannot get this bar visible out of combat. If i am dead and the spirit is active, i cannot drop spells on the bar, as i am in combat, and the frames seems to be locked
Has someone an idea how to get the correct buttons on the "Spirit of Redemption bar"

2. Cooldown on Petbar (Feature request)

Right now i am missing a cooldown on the Petbar.

3. Delete obsolete bars

How can i remove unwanted bars "permanetly" from the interface?

01-04-07, 04:03 PM   #79
celebros
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Confused or Bug?

I've tried about every combination I know of and just can't get this right.

I'm a druid with the Moonkin form and what I want to be able to do is:

In caster form I want all my healing spells on my bar, when I hold down a modifer (CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT, doesn't really matter) I want my offensive spells to show up.

When I switch to Moonkin form I want all my offensive spells on my bar, when I hold down a modifier (I understand it will have to be a different one from above) I'd like another set of actions to show up.

When i switch to bear form I'd like my bear abilities to be on my bar, and when I switch to cat, my non-stealthed cat abilities, and when i stealth my stealthed abilities.

so i can get everything working correctly except for the caster and moonkin "modifier" bars.

So what I do, is I enable the stance header.
Then I add buttons for my normal, form, switch to another form add the buttons for that form, etc.

Then I switch to moonkin form and enable the ctrl header, and things look like this at this point:

NH=Normal Header, SH = Stance header, AH = Alt Header, CH = Ctrl Header, PH = Paged Header, HH = Shift Header, TH = Stealth Header

So in normal form things look like this:
NH 0 0 0
SH 1 0 0
AH 2 0 5

In moonkin form things look like this:
NH 0 0 0
SH 1 5 0
AH 2 0 5

Now when I hold down alt the buttons disappear so I add some more with alt down, then put an action on one of the buttons.

Now when I go to do the other modifier things get sticky.

So now I switch back to caster or druid form which ever you prefer to call it.

and my druid form healing spells show up like expected, now when i enable say the ctrl header, things start acting funny. So i enable ctrl header and things look like this:

NH 0 0 0
SH 1 0 0
AH 2 0 5
CH 3 0 0

But when I hold down Ctrl, the buttons don't go away like they did for alt, but the control buttons (add button, remove button, etc.) do shrink inwards like the buttons disappeared.

So did I find a bug or am I doing something wrong?

01-09-07, 10:50 PM   #80
Surion
A Kobold Labourer
Help!

Help!

Ok first off, I'm pretty bad at mods and things like LUA etc, just escape me.
Now switching over from Trinity Buttons to Trinity Bars today, I got everything setup just the way I had it before and then setting up my buttons realized that when I stance change (I play a warrior obviously) it didnt change button-ability placement as I changed stances. So I poke around and find the header thing. Using the instructions (which are, unless im just retarded, very not-so-userfriendly), I couldnt get the stance header thing to work. So poking around more, somehow I managed to do something to screw up the Lua file.
Screw it up so bad I couldnt get the error box to go away and it stopped letting me open config mode (though it said it was enabling/disabling).
So I decide to delete the Tirinity Bars folder from my addons folder and reinstall it. I do that and restart wow....same problem with the Lua.

So now I'm stuck. I love Trinity, its an awsome addon (though the current incarnation is very confusing atleast for me, but then I could just be a dunce).
Anyways this is my cry for help, if anyone has any clue as to how I can fix this (and possibly more detailed instructions for how to set this up for stance changing) please...help!

Thanks
-Surion, <Reborn> of Durotan

Edit:

OK by nuking everything having to do with trinity bars I could find in my WTF folder as someone suggested about another error, I fixed it, now just gotta see if I cant figure out this crazy header system >_>

Last edited by Surion : 01-09-07 at 11:13 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Trinity Instructions