09-23-09, 04:04 PM   #1
vbaspcppguy
A Murloc Raider
DoT\spellpower monitor...

Ok, so, from what I understand a DoT's spellpower is based solely on when you cast that DoT. So, if I cast a DoT when a trinket procs and im at 2500 spellpower, that DoT remains at 2500 spellpower even when the proc is gone.

...now that on its own is no big deal, but classes like Affliction Warlocks and Shadow Priests have DoTs that they never have to refresh (by this I mean Corruption and SW: Pain) so, the fight starts, they cast the DoTs, never think about it again. But MANY things raise spellpower AFTER the fight starts...

That said, what I'm after is a small, simple addon that keeps track your spellpower when one of these spells are cast and gives you a small display, just a number, of +\- your current spellpower to see if your current spellpower warrants a recast.

This could be as simple as a databroker plugin. Doesn't even need any options in my opinion.
09-23-09, 05:05 PM   #2
Keyzer
A Murloc Raider
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...reenLight.html
09-23-09, 08:18 PM   #3
vbaspcppguy
A Murloc Raider
Hmmm, i guess that implies its just SW: Pain, ill just to do some testing on my lock.
09-24-09, 03:43 AM   #4
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Actually, atleast for Shadow Priests, spellpower bonuses are refreshed every time you refresh the dot with a mind flay or such moves.

The thing is +Damage stuff like Curse of Elements and Shadow Weaving. Those things remain until the target is dead. Making ShadowGreenLight very useful for us.

I don't know any addon that does this for Affliction Warlocks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » DoT\spellpower monitor...