10-29-10, 11:31 AM   #1
samishii23
An Aku'mai Servant
Unhappy Internal Lua/XML pre- v4, and now v4

So I was looking through (r13164) FrameXML files, and I realised, this was pre v4, and I should update it!

I get all the v4 patch FrameXML files (r13205) ... All of them are, not human readable. Similar to the "Blizzard_*" addon files with the .pub extension...

Whats your thoughts on this community? Is there anyway to undo all that BS???
10-29-10, 11:34 AM   #2
eberkain
A Fallenroot Satyr
Wasn't that the whole reason behind this?

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21466
10-29-10, 12:09 PM   #3
samishii23
An Aku'mai Servant
With that Post in their support something or another, that basicly says to me, "Here we'll allow you to play around with these features..." ...

I think I'd rather they didn't offer outside addon support they way their acting about it.
10-29-10, 12:16 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
First, where did you get the updated FrameXML files from, exactly?

Second, Blizzard has never supported addons.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-29-10, 08:09 PM   #5
samishii23
An Aku'mai Servant
Lightbulb Ideas, Ideas, IDEAS!!!!

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
First, where did you get the updated FrameXML files from, exactly?

Second, Blizzard has never supported addons.
I got a command line extractor, from a Blizz forum link that basicly scans the MPQ file that contains the Interface files, and extracts everything with a .lua, .xml, and .toc and properly places them into the folder hierarch. Cause someone on the forum said that the files given by blizzard off the support site didn't match the files in the MPQ files. He linked to a DIFF website that compared the files line by line, and somewhere was a kit that had the extractor.

But I know what kinda binary compression they are using for the addon files now at the least. Its BSDIFF patching / compression. Its mostly used on Linux and doesn't seem to have a whole lot of support on windows. Hopefully someone can find out how to decompress the files. Google wasn't being too helpful to me.
10-30-10, 05:58 AM   #6
samishii23
An Aku'mai Servant
The extractor mentioned above is only pulling out the patched items. I'm going see if I can "Patch" up the original LUAs. Lol.

Edit: Okies. I'm good now. Pulled out all the AddOn's with the FrameXML files patched up to 13205.
Anybody want these? lol

Last edited by samishii23 : 10-30-10 at 06:14 AM.
10-30-10, 06:47 AM   #7
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Am I missing something?
You can easily fetch the FrameXML here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21466
10-30-10, 08:33 AM   #8
samishii23
An Aku'mai Servant
Cool

Not really. With Blizzards, "We don't support addon creation" I'd personally have to say that they don't update that "Kit" very often. Just my opinion though.

To make up for Blizzards lack of support, I'll release my own "Kit" and remove all the Files out of the Release patchs that are installed onto our computers.
Hopefully aiding this community.
10-30-10, 07:19 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Normally, the AddOnKit has an extraction utility which allows you to run it to update your copy of the files whenever you wish. The extraction utility hasn't been updated yet for the new way that the mpqs are updated, and so this zipped up version of the files was put up for 4.0.1. So, yes, it is up to date.

You can also always look in two other places:

http://github.com/tekkub/wow-ui-source (you can change between Live, PTR, and Cata beta using the "Switch Branches" dropdown menu)
http://wowprogramming.com/utils/xmlbrowser
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-30-10, 07:48 PM   #10
samishii23
An Aku'mai Servant
Normally? I've never seen that extractor on that support page personally.
10-30-10, 08:52 PM   #11
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is this "MPQ Editor" with a nice GUI ... just mentioning it
10-30-10, 10:32 PM   #12
samishii23
An Aku'mai Servant
2nd that motion Ketho. I like that MPQ Viewer.
I can't believe the research that the writer has put into that thing. Its crazy.
10-30-10, 11:38 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by samishii23 View Post
Normally? I've never seen that extractor on that support page personally.
Yes, normally. One version for PCs and one version for Macs. But other Cataclysm stuff is taking precedence over the extractor. Hence this news announcement and its first sentence: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=35464

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Internal Lua/XML pre- v4, and now v4