12-11-06, 04:55 PM   #1
Flickerstreak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Multiple paged action bars?

So, I've read Mairelon's basic state header introduction, here. And I have a question that someone more knowledgeable than I (being a state header newbie) might be able to answer.

I'm working on an action bar mod, and I want the ability to be able to set up more than one bar with multiple pages, controlled independently.

Example:

Bar 1 is 10 buttons with 4 pages. I want to control page up/down with the up/down arrow keys.

Bar 2 is 6 buttons with (just to be perverse) let's say 8 pages. I want to control page up/down with the [ ] keys.

As I understand it, the secure state header can respond to the ACTIONBAR_PAGE_CHANGED event. How can I generate this event, and control the page value independently for my two bars? The only way I can see to get the page value is GetActionBarPage(), and if SetActionBarPage() can presumably not be called from untrusted code, then it looks like I'm up a creek.

Anyone have success (or can point me at a mod that has success) with multiple paged bars?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Multiple paged action bars?