12-30-06, 08:26 PM   #1
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Setting are not sticking between a zone or relog.

Can someone take a look at the Fubar Addon http://www.bouvi.com/ui/autoloot.zip and see if they can tell me why my settings are not saving when I zone or relog.

Even if I hide the icon it comes back. If I use the addon to turn off autoloot it is back on. If I use it to set the key to toggle it, it reverts to the old one.
12-31-06, 09:46 AM   #2
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

http://wowi.pastey.net/4255

Now everything save fine except the Toggle Key Setting and if AutoLoot is on or off. The icon hide saves, the text hide saves and the selection to turn it off if in party saves.

However if I make changes to the AutoLoot and Toggle Key and open up the interface options and close it they save.

I am at a loss.
12-31-06, 10:09 AM   #3
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
The Interface Options reads the value of GetAutoLootDefault() and when you click the save button, saves it to the AUTO_LOOT_DEFAULT global saved variable. I suspect they were made seperate to isolate any tainting issues, but I suspect that the SetAutoLootDefault() function should set that global variable as well.

If you set the value of AUTO_LOOT_DEFAULT in addition to using the API function you should be okay, but you could end up tainting something.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Setting are not sticking between a zone or relog.