08-06-09, 02:52 AM   #1
neurotictruth
A Defias Bandit
Shaman Suggestions / General Suggestions

To add a little background, I am fairly new to nUI. I've been using the addon for about a week now. I raid as an enhance shaman, most of my suggestions will be based off things I would be helpful for my spec. In general they may be useful to all specs, but may be a bit biased towards enhance.

I didnt really comb through the forums to make sure a post of this nature was already suggested, so if this is a double, I apologize in advance.

--------------------------------------
Shaman Suggestions

1. Add a frame that will track the duration left on your totems. I currently use TotemTimers for this, which is working "ok", but an integrated form of this I'm sure would be a bit easier to modify.

2. Being able to track Malestrom stacks would be nice as well. MSBT lets you know when you reach a 5 stack; but if you miss it, its hard to sift through the buff list to find it when raiding.

3. Being able to also track lightning shield stacks would be very helpful as well. Again, its hard to sift through the buff list to find out exactly how many stacks are left.

4. Basically integrating everything TT will let you track.

5. I've noticed that the Stormstrike CD is about 3/4 seconds off at times. I dont know if its because the debuff lasts 12 seconds but the CD is only 8 and its tracking the debuff first and when it falls off it goes to the CD. Regardless, I would rather see the CD then the debuff time.

6. If there was a way to clean up the new Shaman Totem bar and integrate it into the Console so its not just hanging out, would be great.

General Suggestions

1. Being able to customize the HUD would be GREAT. I love the bars that show my HP/Mana and my targets HP/Mana. I wish I could take away the target-of-target on the HUD though.

2. Possible add some sort of Scrolling Combat Text to the addon?

3. Being able to hide certain bars so they dont show when they're empty.

There are probably more that I cant think of off the top of my head at the moment. Some of these are probably trivial as you can find other addons to run along side nUI that work fine, but just things to consider (like I'm sure you havnt already :P).

Regardless, thanks for all the hard work. I'm really really really liking nUI so far.

08-06-09, 04:36 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by neurotictruth View Post
To add a little background, I am fairly new to nUI. I've been using the addon for about a week now. I raid as an enhance shaman, most of my suggestions will be based off things I would be helpful for my spec. In general they may be useful to all specs, but may be a bit biased towards enhance.

I didnt really comb through the forums to make sure a post of this nature was already suggested, so if this is a double, I apologize in advance.

Shaman Suggestions

1. Add a frame that will track the duration left on your totems. I currently use TotemTimers for this, which is working "ok", but an integrated form of this I'm sure would be a bit easier to modify.
This will happen... I'm not sure in what form yet, but it will happen. Likely with cooldown timers on the totem bar.

2. Being able to track Malestrom stacks would be nice as well. MSBT lets you know when you reach a 5 stack; but if you miss it, its hard to sift through the buff list to find it when raiding.

3. Being able to also track lightning shield stacks would be very helpful as well. Again, its hard to sift through the buff list to find out exactly how many stacks are left.
I take it these are both buffs and not debuffs, yes? I'm going to be adding a good bit of functionality to the auras in 6.0, so hopefully I can address that for you there.

4. Basically integrating everything TT will let you track.
Don't ask much do you? ~grin~

5. I've noticed that the Stormstrike CD is about 3/4 seconds off at times. I dont know if its because the debuff lasts 12 seconds but the CD is only 8 and its tracking the debuff first and when it falls off it goes to the CD. Regardless, I would rather see the CD then the debuff time.
Nah... the timers are not "off" -- they are exactly the times that Blizz is reporting before you can cast again (with regard to cooldowns). Now, if a timer is just about to go off cooldown, and is on the GCD list and you cast another spell, the cooldown will be extended by the GCD time... so thay may be what you're seeing happen.

If you want to see the cooldown timers on your action bars without seeing the buff duration numbers, then you can use '/nui bar duration' to turn the duration timers off. A complete list of supported slash commands can be found here... http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21199

6. If there was a way to clean up the new Shaman Totem bar and integrate it into the Console so its not just hanging out, would be great.
This, too, will happen in 6.0 -- the patch I e-mailed out to everyone was just a quick fix to hold everyone over until I can get 6.0 into beta. The totem bar will be handled just like the stance, shapeshift, pet and possession bars currently are handled.

General Suggestions

1. Being able to customize the HUD would be GREAT. I love the bars that show my HP/Mana and my targets HP/Mana. I wish I could take away the target-of-target on the HUD though.
Also a 6.0 thing. However, in the meantime, just edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > {hud mode} > nUI_HUDLayout_{hud mode}.lua ] and search for "targettarget" -- when you find it, change "enabled = true" to "enabled = false" in that section, save the change and do a '/nui rl' -- the target of target HUD frame should be gone.

2. Possible add some sort of Scrolling Combat Text to the addon?
This is something I don't have any plans to do. Maybe someday, but not in the foreseeable future. There are a lot of very good scrolling combat text mods out there and they all integrate seamlessly with nUI, so there's very little gain on that one. Maybe one day if and when I start running out of things to do with nUI... though I find that hard to believe ~grin~

Such as?

There are probably more that I cant think of off the top of my head at the moment. Some of these are probably trivial as you can find other addons to run along side nUI that work fine, but just things to consider (like I'm sure you havnt already :P).

Regardless, thanks for all the hard work. I'm really really really liking nUI so far.
I'm glad you're enjoying it... thanks for the kind word and the input both.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-06-09, 04:35 PM   #3
neurotictruth
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Spiel2001
Originally Posted by Neurotictruth
Such as?
The bars that are below the action bar preferably. There may be a way to hide them already that I just may not have found yet. I noticed that you can still see the outline of the bar even when they're empty though.

Oh, and is there a way to hide the action bar arrows?

08-07-09, 04:47 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by neurotictruth View Post
The bars that are below the action bar preferably. There may be a way to hide them already that I just may not have found yet. I noticed that you can still see the outline of the bar even when they're empty though.

Oh, and is there a way to hide the action bar arrows?
No... there's no way to hide the action bar arrows.

As for the other action bars, if you don't want them, edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > nUI_Layout_Default_Dashboard.lua ] and look for the nUI_DefaultConfig.ButtonBars section... you can disable any of the bars you don't want displayed there just by commenting them out.

08-09-09, 11:57 AM   #5
eaglepgc
A Cyclonian

I am using NeedtoKnow in the mean time. I use it for all of the stuff I um.. need to know...

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...x?q=NeedToKnow

In this screen shot, it's the progress bars on the left
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShotneedtoknow.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	388.6 KB
ID:	3157  

08-10-09, 08:11 AM   #6
Uraza
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Try Shock and Awe.

08-18-09, 07:13 PM   #7
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by eaglepgc View Post

I am using NeedtoKnow in the mean time. I use it for all of the stuff I um.. need to know...

This ia a little off subject for this post, but what map addon you using? also how do you resise the action bar, that is one of the things slowing my son up from using nUI is when he BG's its hard for him to see what instant cast spells he is using.

Thanks
Coke

08-18-09, 10:36 PM   #8
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by eaglepgc View Post

Hi. I use an addon called Chamois here on WoWInterface. It pops up an image that stay there when you have no shield up, when you have MW x5, when you are less than 50% mana and can use Shamanistic Rage, and when there is no weapon enhancement on both weapons.

It is very minimal and has no configurations and I really like it. You might too.

08-19-09, 04:21 AM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

You can find into on resizing the action bars here... http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21011

I'm not sure if there's a map addon being used there or not... may just be resized or a custom mask. I could be wrong though.

Originally Posted by cokedrivers View Post
This ia a little off subject for this post, but what map addon you using? also how do you resise the action bar, that is one of the things slowing my son up from using nUI is when he BG's its hard for him to see what instant cast spells he is using.

Thanks
Coke

08-31-09, 07:40 AM   #10
Jekka
A Murloc Raider
Another shamman suggestion/general suggestions

I have just started using this ui and a healing mod called vuhdo, so sorry if I
get the functionality mixed up or if I can't recall where to customize something. I have never modified lua code, and would prefer not too if it is complicated. I also would prefer to reduce the number of addons that are outside the ui as it is much better preformance wise if it is integrated

I love this UI sooo much ... it has made life a lot easier, and a much cleaner display.

The first thing is that I play lots of alts so would like to see profile based changes (which i see has been listed as part of the todo list) -- woot!

I would like to see an ankh/resurection timer - both in terms of time until cool down is done (and if glyphed for shorter time) as well as how many ankhs in your inventory. I guess this could be true of anything that requires a reagent like water walking and water breathing.

Is there a way to monitor what totems are dropped by other shaman in a raid -- we usually have 2-4 so it would be good to monitor this but no biggy if it is a pita as I would rather see the res timer and other stuff first

I would like to see a junk seller -- all greys sold to a vendor automatically

I would like to see a profile based purchaser for reagents/food/drinks that can be maintained via a gui/drag n drop list so that I am always close to a set amount

I would like to see an auto repair -- but if possible to be able to specify how much is taken from guild bank and then the rest from your own pocket

I would also like to see something like wim or that wim interfaces with this addon.

I would like to ability to change fonts as well.

I would like the ability to announce when spells are cast into raid --i.e. sheeping target, portals to x, who broke sheep, res incoming

Thanks for a great UI so far

08-31-09, 08:02 AM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Jekka View Post
The first thing is that I play lots of alts so would like to see profile based changes (which i see has been listed as part of the todo list) -- woot!
As you note... this is coming in nUI 6.0

I would like to see an ankh/resurection timer - both in terms of time until cool down is done (and if glyphed for shorter time) as well as how many ankhs in your inventory. I guess this could be true of anything that requires a reagent like water walking and water breathing.
I would have thought those cooldowns already appear on the cooldown bar in the HUD. However, if they aren't, then I would suspect that the ability to support white-list and black-list spells in the cooldown bar in 6.0 will address that problem.

Is there a way to monitor what totems are dropped by other shaman in a raid -- we usually have 2-4 so it would be good to monitor this but no biggy if it is a pita as I would rather see the res timer and other stuff first
There's no ability for this in nUI and I'm not sure if that's something I would add in the future or not. If so, it won't be until everything else that's needed for the core functionality has stabilized in 6.0

I doubt that I will ever add anything like this as a core part of nUI. Maybe at some point in the future, but no time soon.

I would like to see a profile based purchaser for reagents/food/drinks that can be maintained via a gui/drag n drop list so that I am always close to a set amount
This is can pretty much guarantee will never be a part of the core of nUI... this is more a convenience addon as opposed to part of a user interface and there's plenty of other mods that already do this and any of them should be compatible with nUI.

I would like to see an auto repair -- but if possible to be able to specify how much is taken from guild bank and then the rest from your own pocket
This likely will occur as part of the equipment management which will be in 6.0 -- but it will occur late in the game after the core functionality is completed.

I would also like to see something like wim or that wim interfaces with this addon.
This definitely will happen in 6.0 -- sooner than later.

I would like to ability to change fonts as well.
You can do this now with some minor editing. There's several threads on the subject in the customization forum. The support for this will be more robust in 6.0.

I would like the ability to announce when spells are cast into raid --i.e. sheeping target, portals to x, who broke sheep, res incoming
This is not a planned feature at present but could be added at a later time.

08-31-09, 09:55 AM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jekka View Post

Auditor (keeps track of your gold) has those two functions built in (along with profiles). Although it does not have how much is taken from guild bank and your own pocket as options. I've been using Auditor since I started playing the game, and I can't honestly imagine my WoW life without it.

Ask Alarisha about that additional feature you want and she might consider adding it.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9-Auditor.html

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Shaman Suggestions / General Suggestions