11-08-14, 02:40 PM   #1
MalachiDraven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
IsysUI (based on LUI)

I finally put the finishing touches on the UI I've been building. It's been nearly done for a few weeks now, but I finished up the last remaining things on my To-Do List (class resource bars, tweak raid layouts). I'm proud to announce that it's completely finished!

Here is a screenshot of what it normally looks like.

And then here is a screenshot of what it looks like in "demo mode", so you can see all the buffs/debuffs, cast bar, sidebars, and raid layout in action.

Please excuse the awful image quality, that's just what Imgur does to screenshots.

Some things to note:
-The sidebars open/close when you click on them and also have hotkeys.
-When you hover over any UnitFrame, it displays more info.
-That small UnitFrame next to the Target is, obviously, the Target of Target.
-The damage meter doesn't normally show abilities, and the threat meter always shows threat. I set the demo mode screenshot to display other info so you could see the bars.
-The corner buttons light up when they're pressed.
-The info text on the bottom and top bars all display more info when you hover over them, and they also do things when you click them. (Thanks to the awesomeness of LUI, which this is largely based on.)
-That strange bar in the middle is the class resource bar. Those are my Death Knight runes, and the circles fill up when runes are recharging.
-All of the UI Panels (such as Character, Guild, Calendar, etc) all have custom matching skins.

Currently, I am NOT planning on releasing it to the public. I've only just managed to get it all to work for me specifically. It uses some tweaked addon files in LUI and SexyMap, so I can't ever update those. It also has a lot of manually positioned elements. I don't have the expertise to make it easy for anybody to install. Maybe in the future, if enough people demand it, I'll make it available to the public.

Please let me know what you think!
11-08-14, 10:27 PM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmmm looks more like SpartanUI then LUI to me. LUI has always had this transparency and Class colors that I can't find here.
Looks nice however but to much wasted space with all that black boxes for my taste
11-09-14, 02:24 AM   #3
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The bottom bar seems so familar ^^.

I agree with tony's assertion that you waste a bunch of space by using all these background textures.
I. e you're skada / recount / threatmeter consume too much of space and make the whole thing unclean.
Nevertheless the style is quite nice, however, it is still expandable.

PS: I like the minimap cut with the calendar button shape & the sidebars!

Last edited by syncrow : 11-09-14 at 02:29 AM.
11-09-14, 06:34 AM   #4
Silvery-Corgan
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MalachiDraven View Post
I finally put the finishing touches on the UI I've been building. It's been nearly done for a few weeks now, but I finished up the last remaining things on my To-Do List (class resource bars, tweak raid layouts). I'm proud to announce that it's completely finished!

Here is a screenshot of what it normally looks like.

And then here is a screenshot of what it looks like in "demo mode", so you can see all the buffs/debuffs, cast bar, sidebars, and raid layout in action.

Please excuse the awful image quality, that's just what Imgur does to screenshots.

Some things to note:
-The sidebars open/close when you click on them and also have hotkeys.
-When you hover over any UnitFrame, it displays more info.
-That small UnitFrame next to the Target is, obviously, the Target of Target.
-The damage meter doesn't normally show abilities, and the threat meter always shows threat. I set the demo mode screenshot to display other info so you could see the bars.
-The corner buttons light up when they're pressed.
-The info text on the bottom and top bars all display more info when you hover over them, and they also do things when you click them. (Thanks to the awesomeness of LUI, which this is largely based on.)
-That strange bar in the middle is the class resource bar. Those are my Death Knight runes, and the circles fill up when runes are recharging.
-All of the UI Panels (such as Character, Guild, Calendar, etc) all have custom matching skins.

Currently, I am NOT planning on releasing it to the public. I've only just managed to get it all to work for me specifically. It uses some tweaked addon files in LUI and SexyMap, so I can't ever update those. It also has a lot of manually positioned elements. I don't have the expertise to make it easy for anybody to install. Maybe in the future, if enough people demand it, I'll make it available to the public.

Please let me know what you think!
I love it.
11-09-14, 09:48 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

So many fonts, and none of them match each other... you've got a futuristic/scifi font on your cast bar, right above a chalkboard/comic book font on your unit frame, then a different comic book font on your damage meters and quest tracker, default WoW fonts in chat and tooltip, some kind of spray-paint/stencil font under the damage meters, and another spray-paint font labelling your XP and rep bars.

While it's OK to use different fonts in different parts of the UI (for example, a more decorative font on unit frames where the text is large and short, but a more readable font for chat) you should really limit yourself to 2, or 3 at the most, and at the very least make sure they all fit into whatever theme you're going for. Your UI feels more futuristic/scifi to me, so I'd get rid of the comic book and spray paint style fonts, which don't fit in, and are harder to read anyway.

Originally Posted by Silvery-Corgan View Post
I love it.
You didn't really need to quote anything at all there, but please don't quote 50 lines of text + 2 giant screenshots just to type 3 words.
11-09-14, 11:13 AM   #6
MalachiDraven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
So many fonts, and none of them match each other... you've got a futuristic/scifi font on your cast bar, right above a chalkboard/comic book font on your unit frame, then a different comic book font on your damage meters and quest tracker, default WoW fonts in chat and tooltip, some kind of spray-paint/stencil font under the damage meters, and another spray-paint font labelling your XP and rep bars.

While it's OK to use different fonts in different parts of the UI (for example, a more decorative font on unit frames where the text is large and short, but a more readable font for chat) you should really limit yourself to 2, or 3 at the most, and at the very least make sure they all fit into whatever theme you're going for. Your UI feels more futuristic/scifi to me, so I'd get rid of the comic book and spray paint style fonts, which don't fit in, and are harder to read anyway.
You know...I totally overlooked the font part. The XP, REP, Damage, and Threat are all part of the image. The Unit Frame font I just tried to find something "grunge-y". And then I forgot to change the Castbar font. I'd love to find a grunge font to match it all. The one I used for XP/REP didn't look so good when it was scaled down to use in other elements :/
11-09-14, 11:14 AM   #7
MalachiDraven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by syncrow View Post
The bottom bar seems so familar ^^.

I agree with tony's assertion that you waste a bunch of space by using all these background textures.
I. e you're skada / recount / threatmeter consume too much of space and make the whole thing unclean.
Nevertheless the style is quite nice, however, it is still expandable.

PS: I like the minimap cut with the calendar button shape & the sidebars!
Yep, I started working on this when I was still playing Wildstar. I gotta admit though, as much as I love my UI, I'll probably switch to yours whenever you release it

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » IsysUI (based on LUI)