04-26-16, 07:39 AM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Artist or colourer wanted please

Attached is an icon I will use for my new AddOn. This is both my LDB minimap and display icon. Currently, the three cogs are red, with an (hopefully) blank background suitable for border skinning.

What I would like is for someone more talented than myself to change the cogs from all red to, from top to bottom, gold, silver, bronze. If there is some kind of visual seperation to distinguish the cogs, that's fine, so long as it is very slim. Blizzard's wood border colour if such as case exists, or black if not.

If possible, assuming it isn't as simple as directly applying a skin and done, provide a few versions with different borders. That would be for use with Skinner, Aurora, Masque, ElvUI's AddonSkins, etc.

Since I don't know about skinning borders (I'm experimenting and learning), if it is simply applying a border, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: tga CogWheel.tga (35.6 KB, 359 views)
04-26-16, 11:02 AM   #2
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Here is a quick recolor.

Im not sure what you mean by borders and seperation between the cogs?

do you want a borderTexture you can apply to elements of your UI?
Attached Files
File Type: tga CogWheel_ReColor.tga (1.00 MB, 342 views)
04-26-16, 02:27 PM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That looks really good. Now that I see it full size, I was in error. I thought the three cogs were touching each other, or sitting slightly on top of each other. Obviously, not the case.

As for a borderTexture, I was just going to use Blizzard's wooden achievement border, as my theme is wood, metal, and stone, and all of those exist either within Blizzard's textures, or I can get them through LibSharedMedia.

When I was thinking about borderTextures earlier, I was looking at circular, square-cornered, and the other border designs throughout Masque. What I don't know is if I set a button's border to Blizzard Achievement Wood, will Masque override this? Do I need to design a wood-based border for each of Masque's themes?

Yeah, sounds like way too much work.

In any case, thank you for the recoloured icon. It does look superb. *bows*

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Artist or colourer wanted please