10-15-10, 10:55 AM   #1221
asd
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Though, I am wondering what WoWInterface is waiting for. There's around what, six weeks left. Hopefully I may get my addon ready for 4.0.3, if and when WoWInterface sends more keys.
Please excuse my (our) name. I (we) have thought I can change names due to someone telling me so. Seeing things, such as this, require being here for a bit, something the new account I have doesn't have, I'll be using this account for the approximate next 3 months.

10-15-10, 12:11 PM   #1222
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
WoWInterface isn't waiting for anything.

It's up to Blizzard if and when they decide to send out more keys. To be honest, I am not certain if they will, since 4.0.1 is now Live - though do not take my speculation to be fact - I'm not the one that keeps in touch with Blizzard.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-15-10, 12:51 PM   #1223
asd
A Murloc Raider

Actually while I was reading this, I came across a thread in the EU section of someone inquiring of the same thing, in General discussion. Vaneras replied to it and said

Hello Malfarion,

If you have questions such as this, please contact the fansite operator. Please note, WoW Interface and Curse.com have both received several series of keys for add-on authors to date. If you have not been given one of these keys, then it's best to speak with those site operators directly about it.
Wouldn't just sending them a message that you're out of keys would do the trick? And they will, they sent some guy named Totalhalibut according to that thread twenty keys.
Please excuse my (our) name. I (we) have thought I can change names due to someone telling me so. Seeing things, such as this, require being here for a bit, something the new account I have doesn't have, I'll be using this account for the approximate next 3 months.

10-15-10, 04:50 PM   #1224
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Patience is a virtue. Spamming multiple people on multiple different sites won't endear people to your request.

The majority of the reason we got keys was actually for 4.0, not Cataclysm itself per se. The bulk of the UI changes are now live, so there isn't any actual reason to need beta keys specifically for the purpose of being able to get addons ready to go.

That being said, we asked for and received one last batch of keys. These will be our last 50 keys. Dolby will be allocating them at some point tonight.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
10-16-10, 04:01 AM   #1225
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Patience is a virtue. Spamming multiple people on multiple different sites won't endear people to your request.

The majority of the reason we got keys was actually for 4.0, not Cataclysm itself per se. The bulk of the UI changes are now live, so there isn't any actual reason to need beta keys specifically for the purpose of being able to get addons ready to go.

That being said, we asked for and received one last batch of keys. These will be our last 50 keys. Dolby will be allocating them at some point tonight.
*Praying that ASD gets a key*

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
10-16-10, 07:46 AM   #1226
asd
A Murloc Raider

I did get a key, and thanks Cairenn.

10-19-10, 10:47 PM   #1227
lilgulps
A Theradrim Guardian

Are they all handed out at this point?
07-19-11, 12:26 AM   #1228
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

So, when should this start for 5.0?

I'm eager to get into the next beta! Cataclysm Beta was a blast!

Author of Daily Bean Counter, MyNameTogglesWhenIAFKorDND, Extended Shutdown Warning, Auto Mail Director, Duel Nullify, Spec Transmiter, Say Again, Window Teller, Who Crafts, Ad Repeater, Privy Cork, Mac Backup, and more.
07-19-11, 12:38 AM   #1229
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Given that they haven't even announced another expansion yet ....
07-19-11, 12:46 AM   #1230
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Given that they haven't even announced another expansion yet ....
So... 2 months?
07-19-11, 01:03 AM   #1231
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*giggle*

I wouldn't expect to hear anything about an expansion before, hmm, let's see here ... the end of Oct perhaps?

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away!