02-06-07, 04:53 AM   #1081
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Talking

Originally Posted by Lilinallte
Going by the amount of 'players' in game that also think 'asking' (read: nagging) is faster than reading the f'ing manual of visiting the f'ing website, I have to aggree with a full-hearted YES
I found that out with MazzleUI if i was using it in somewhere like ironforge and i mazzlegasmed i would have like 4 people run up asking what it was..... another 5 or 6 asking how to do something with thte UI...... and maybe 20 or 30 people saying i HAVE to tell them how to do "that weird funny emotey thing you just did".....
If they had read the FAQ in with mazzleUI that mazzle spent time on..... or as you said Lilinallte read the manual or visited the website they would have know. But how many people that you know actually read a manual for anything..... even something really easy to break or really expensive?!!? I know I do but thats just the way I do things.....
*holds a log waiting for the flames*
keep me warm today?

02-06-07, 06:24 AM   #1082
Ziot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Omg are they that stupid they don't even know about the custom emotes you can make with /emote?

02-06-07, 06:34 AM   #1083
Lilinallte
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Ziot
Omg are they that stupid they don't even know about the custom emotes you can make with /emote?
I don't think it's a matter of being 'stupid'... Water takes the road with least resistance while it travels to the sea... I think it's a sign of a generation, that 'taking shortcuts' includes demanding answers to basic questions from people who are 'stupid enough' to read up on documentation, manuals, etc.

Anyway, this is all way off-topic, so returning to checking for info on this UI that keeps me coming back to this site, eventhough I have never used it Up until now I have been a dedicated user of Ometh/NMod, but must say that reading through the posts and release notes has made me most definately extremely interested in MazzleUI, and I will be using it from the moment it is released

Talking about perfect marketing... hehehe

02-06-07, 07:19 AM   #1084
Mizer18
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Aygen
Unfortunatly Patience is a virtue that none of us have on this forum ... no matter how many times we say it
Sorry, this is off topic, but this wouldn't happen to be the person who made the Murglegurgle Toon on Aegwynn server would it? If so, Stop making fun of me Earl!!!

On topic, sorry, didn't see anywhere that said it cuz I was just glancing through the pages, so I must've missed it (yes on the first page), /sorry

Last edited by Mizer18 : 02-06-07 at 07:29 AM.

02-06-07, 07:33 AM   #1085
Ziot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I quit playing wow 2 months ago and won´t return to it, and still i´m reading this topic. wonder why :s

02-06-07, 10:48 AM   #1086
Shiny <3
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lilinallte
I don't think it's a matter of being 'stupid'... Water takes the road with least resistance while it travels to the sea... I think it's a sign of a generation, that 'taking shortcuts' includes demanding answers to basic questions from people who are 'stupid enough' to read up on documentation, manuals, etc.

Talking about perfect marketing... hehehe

hay i am the new generation were not all like that you know (but i gotta say its much nicer taking the short route than the long route so you can enjoy yourself more at the end but the long route is usually more fun travelling upon)

02-06-07, 11:07 AM   #1087
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs down off topic

Originally Posted by Ziot
I quit playing wow 2 months ago and won´t return to it, and still i´m reading this topic. wonder why :s
I know this is off topic and im not sniping but if your not playing but still watching then watch but dont look for affirmation from the people here.... watch or dont just dont moan about it!

02-06-07, 11:08 AM   #1088
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Is MazzleUI a Ace or Ace2 Based UI?

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

02-06-07, 11:13 AM   #1089
Daryth
A Defias Bandit
It's largely Ace2 based I believe.

02-06-07, 01:34 PM   #1090
Otori
A Kobold Labourer
Didn't get turned on to MazzleUI until AFTER the patch so I've never had the pleasure. Looks great and can't wait for the release. Keep up the good work man. You got a good UI going here, 100+ pages of forum thread should tell you that.

02-06-07, 03:00 PM   #1091
megabit21
A Murloc Raider
The end is growing near

First off I want to say thank you Mazzle for your hard work and dedication, and they you for the updates you've posted recently, it truly shows that the end is in sight.

Second, I really don't know which is more annoying, the posts on every page of folks asking for an ETA or the 10 posts after that Flaming the person for asking. I for one have asked about an ETA in the past, as have most people in this forum (and before I get mis interpereted AGAIN, please notice that I said MOST) but for some reason there are certain individuals who feel that every time somebody asks for an ETA a flame must happen. Just because folks don't have the time to sit and troll a forum like some folks, doesn't mean that they are lazy or un-educated it just means that they would prefer to hear the answer directly. For those that flame folks for asking a question, just think what it would be like if you asked a question from oh say your boss and he just got upset with you and told you to go find it yourself. Wouldn't you be kinda upset wondering why he wouldn't just answer your question (which incidently takes less effort) than to just flame you? I wish I could say that we were all adults here, but that theory has been proven time and time again by said flamers to not be true. Maturity isn't based on age but based on reactions, and those that flame just prove that they have the maturity level of a high schooler, or even less.

Now having said all of that, all the flamers please feel free to flame this post as you will prove to the rest your maturity level

02-06-07, 04:11 PM   #1092
arathel
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by megabit21
First off I want to say thank you Mazzle for your hard work and dedication, and they you for the updates you've posted recently, it truly shows that the end is in sight.

Second, I really don't know which is more annoying, the posts on every page of folks asking for an ETA or the 10 posts after that Flaming the person for asking. I for one have asked about an ETA in the past, as have most people in this forum (and before I get mis interpereted AGAIN, please notice that I said MOST) but for some reason there are certain individuals who feel that every time somebody asks for an ETA a flame must happen. Just because folks don't have the time to sit and troll a forum like some folks, doesn't mean that they are lazy or un-educated it just means that they would prefer to hear the answer directly. For those that flame folks for asking a question, just think what it would be like if you asked a question from oh say your boss and he just got upset with you and told you to go find it yourself. Wouldn't you be kinda upset wondering why he wouldn't just answer your question (which incidently takes less effort) than to just flame you? I wish I could say that we were all adults here, but that theory has been proven time and time again by said flamers to not be true. Maturity isn't based on age but based on reactions, and those that flame just prove that they have the maturity level of a high schooler, or even less.

Now having said all of that, all the flamers please feel free to flame this post as you will prove to the rest your maturity level
Well said

02-06-07, 04:31 PM   #1093
ShibbyShaman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

amen sir well put <3

02-06-07, 05:13 PM   #1094
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think that metaphor doesn't fit the situation at all. I think a better one would be a dozen of those animaniacs in the back seat repeating "are we there yet?", "are we there yet?" over and over and over. Perhaps there would be signs all over the car giving information on the trip or one of those mapquest-like computers showing our progress. But of course the animaniacs would ignore that and just keep asking the same question over and over.

I'm sorry, but I think people who reflexively post instead of using resources provided to them like FAQs, the original posts, search functions and even other posts are either (1) so new to the situation that they are ignorant of the resources available or (2) are too lazy to use them. I think in most cases it's the latter. It's really not that surprising. It takes them ten seconds to posts. If they don't get an answer, then they lose nothing but those ten seconds. If they do get an answer, they saved a ton of time. If they annoy people, who cares; they have internet anonymity and don't even have to come back and read it. The only thing that stops them are things like maturity and respect for others, most notably respect for the time of others. And for many of these kids, those things are sadly in short supply.

Anyway, I used to answer those questions regularly. I long ago realized it was wasted effort. I don't think there's anything wrong with other people responding to those posts and telling them there's better ways to find that information. Maybe they're in the former group and just don't know. I do think the second wave of flaming, which is now also becoming a staple, is unnecessary.

02-06-07, 05:59 PM   #1095
ralo
A Murloc Raider
waiting

i have been waiting for your ui to come since i have seen it . and i will keep waiting till you have done your work . it looks great so keep up the good work . hoping here soon.

thxs alot

02-06-07, 07:21 PM   #1096
Redemption
A Murloc Raider
I love how you jumped from 94 or 95 to 99 beta. It's like a big fat ITS ****ING ALMOST COMING IT COULDN'T BE MORE ALMOST IF I RAMMED IT DOWN YOUR THROAT sign.

Avidly awaiting it. I just hope it comes before rated arena starts. Dont want to have to change everything around mid-season.

02-06-07, 07:22 PM   #1097
Mingan
A Murloc Raider
Should be within the next few days hopefully...

02-06-07, 08:31 PM   #1098
Gelst of draka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey so can we get an ETA for the release?

I'm sorry i just had to do it.

02-06-07, 08:36 PM   #1099
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
Dude.. I said will we be waiting for feedback until you release it IE: waiting for feedback on bugs etc. got flamed instantly. people don't read and if people can't read they don't understand. They probably are typing a flame post right now at you because they can't take a joke.

02-07-07, 01:40 AM   #1100
somebody
A Murloc Raider
Are we there yet? Had to

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI