12-19-07, 03:26 PM   #1
TuLe
A Black Drake

My first UI... Can u guys help me improve it?

Hey guys! So this is my first own ui project! Im happy with it but it sure have lots and lots to improve so im here askin for some help from u all... ill link the image clean and make another where i want to improve things so it makes easier for u guys to help me out!

right now im using:
Fubar
autobar
InfiniBar
pitbull
Morganti's Buffbars
ArkInventory
Cartographer
eePanels2
Gatherer
MobHealth
MobInfo2
Niagara
Prat
Quartz
simpleMinimap
SimpleCombatLog
SLTimex

And here are the questions i have...!

1. Is there a way to move the tooltip windows (gear, mobs, npcs and players) anywhere on the screen. Or not having it above some other stuff?

2. For players buffs and debuffs and targets as well whats the best addon? Im using pitbull and quartz.... anyother nice one?

3. i readed somewhere that u can skin the quartz bar to have another look like custons bgs and frames. How is this possible?

4. The autobar function is amazing but i would like to have regular buttons with its function (same item swap) is there a way to use it on regular actionbars? (dragin buttons around and such!)

5. Using eepanels2 how can i use custons bgs and frames textures?

6. With prat is possible to have diferent chat windows like one for trade, whispers, guild and so on?

7. How can i create new fubars but set its width and size separeted and also move the contents of it freely (fu plugins)?

Well i think this are my thoughts, hope u guys can help me out here cause im gettin really happy with it and i know with all the skilled hands that populate this forum i can take it even further!

Thanks so much for anyone that can answer the questions above!.

Here's my ui with the questions on it!

Last edited by TuLe : 12-19-07 at 04:25 PM.
12-19-07, 03:55 PM   #2
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i must say that i am impressed.. but that doesnt mean its perfect

first things first

get cycircled for nicer button look, and yes cycircled can give ur button other nice skins
2 display CD's download OmniCC my personal favorite.. and 2 display dmge valeus dl Drdamage a lightweight dmge display addon.

for the tooltip download Cowtip 1.0 that is 2 move ur tooltip

yes with pitbull u can change the look of ur buffs and were its positioned i already see u like to toy around with ur unitframes and i am sure ull find a way 2 move the buffs around ill give u a hint its at player > and then look for Aura's!

yes u can have move chat windows just rightclick on ur tab and the rest shows itself!

i use buffalo for display of buffs.. dont think u should discuss with buff addons if they are better or not.. they just need 2 display BUFFS! so ye...

for cast bar movement go into quartz > player and unlock ur castbar and the rest shows itself!

and yes that is possible with autobar me thinks

u can do alot of stuff with fubar also increase its size.. just rightclick on the fubar the rest shows itself.. ur quite handy with addons i am sure ull manage

greetz
12-19-07, 03:55 PM   #3
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

to move the tooltip i think your not using an addon for that if so type the addon name for it if not find a nice tooltip that fits you thiers some like tinytip (i love) or cowtip i know thiers others too.

for cooldowns try using CooldownCount or OmniCC.

oh yes and use cycircled for glossy looks and more.

btw nice looking so far.
12-19-07, 03:59 PM   #4
Shiny <3
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
fubar resizing= yes a little dagger appears when ya get to either end of the bar which you can resize it by if its not at one end it will be at the other

Elkano/morganti=if it was me id use elkanos rather than morganti, generally cus its a more commonly used addon and your appearing to a large consumer base.

Chat= yes you can right click on your chat window tab and select create new panel and then right click that and select which channels you want then rename it.

Action bar buttons= Download an addon called Cycircled and Vol that will get you by you might also want to get onyx as well cycircled_onyx cycircled_vol all available at wowace Also youll want to download an addon called OmniCC that will sort out all your action buttons with cooldown numbers on them.

For general bars id use bartender 3 or bongos as again its much more widely used and much easier to use also shows numbers and has alot of options.

Cast bar = yep quartz is good if you open up quartz there should be a section in the player cast bar saying bar texture also height and width will be there. If there isnt enough textures to choose download an addon called sharedmedia that will possibly quadruple the amount of textures to choose in any addon thats run by ace.

for autobar i would say yes that is possible or maybe its just easier to take the item out of your bag and stick it on the actionbar. If you fancy changing items quick get itemrack thats always good.

Quartz that bar on the bottom right looks like a focus bar or something just disable everything other than player and target cast bars unless ya need them.

Pitbull auras yes they can its again in the menu for that selected unitframe

the tooltip if you get an addon called tinytip can easily be moved upwards using co ords or some stuff its rather easy.

And that should do you
12-19-07, 04:05 PM   #5
TuLe
A Black Drake

Well guys thx a lot for the nice tips! Ill sure follow these directions to take my ui a bit further!

Thanks!
12-19-07, 04:09 PM   #6
Fugainai
An Aku'mai Servant

First off, try to keep images down in size or have thumbnails to click. Having large images like that will also increase the width that the text can use making it a little hard to read everything.

1) Doing a search for tooltip addons should give you what you're looking to do. You can try TinyTip and see if that's to your liking

2) For buffs/debuffs, it's personal preference on what you'd like to use.

3) Are you talking about the frame of the Quartz bar or the color of the bar itself? Type /quartz to bring up it's configuration menu.

4) Pretty sure that you can't have regular actions and abilities on AutoBar. It was meant to help save space on your action bars by taking consumables and such and putting them there.

5) I don't have any experience with eePanels so I can't help you out on this one.

6) I haven't messed around with the configuration of Prat, but I'd assume that any chat windows that you create will be covered by Prat. If that's the case, just create the windows you'd like!

7) While I'm using Fubar now (I'm using MazzleUI) I haven't played around with any of its settings. Bring up it's configuration screen and poke around in the settings.

8) Check out OmniCC for your CD needs.

9) Try Cycircled (direct download link) and some of the skins (found HERE at the bottom of page 3) for it to achieve your glossy look. Not sure if it's compatible with InifiBar or not though...

10) For the PitBull buffs, you should be able to change their positions within PitBulls options.

If anything I've said is incorrect, please feel free to correct me! I don't claim to know a whole helluva lot about the addons.

One thing that I personally would change is the stacking of your clocks (I'm assuming local and server clocks?) and your status window. I'd have them be in a line so that you don't have that awkward looking space between your action bars and AutoBar. That'd allow you to get a full new action bar in that spot if you'd want one.

You have a pretty nice start to a UI! First and foremost remember, it's yours! Tweak it to however you want! For the people who criticize, pay no attention! For the people who leave comments about elements of your UI, take them if you choose (you won't hurt my feelings if you don't use my suggestion!). Some comments may make you thing 'Why didn't I think of that' while others will make you think 'WTF were they on when they said that'. It's how it all happens. I'm sure with the fixes you're looking for and some tweaking yet to come, plenty of people would like to download and try out your UI.
12-19-07, 04:30 PM   #7
TuLe
A Black Drake

Thank you for the links Fugainai. I've got all addons and when i come home later on ill try them! Also the empty space above my actions bar is where the castbar is (i forgot to grab a screen with it on!)
12-19-07, 05:28 PM   #8
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's your first UI? It's really good for a first UI.

Shiny <3 said everything I was going to.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
12-19-07, 06:22 PM   #9
TuLe
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
That's your first UI? It's really good for a first UI.

Shiny <3 said everything I was going to.
Yeah it is! I just started messing up with addons and stuff, although i play wow for about an year now! Oh by the way, i have an 70 hunter, to mimic this ui like it is what should i do? I havent load my hunter yet with these Addons and WTF folders!

Thanks for the reply guys!
12-21-07, 03:43 PM   #10
TuLe
A Black Drake

My UI now improved!

Hey guys im back again! I did some more work on my UI and now im very happy with it.

Here's a screen shot!

Please let me know what u think and what i should improve a little more!
Thanks a lot for all the help!
12-21-07, 04:56 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
bump up the nQL minion so it's closer to FuBar. (That's wasted space above it, and you have the EBB bars higher up on the other side of the screen.)

put a tiny bit of padding between the ToT and target frames, or make the ToT "fit" with the Target frame better (ie, change and/or move it). (What goes in between the player/target frames, for example?) Also, center the name text on the ToT frame.

You don't need to see the FuBar plugins for Infinibar, eePanels, cyCircled, or ElkBuffBars. They can be hidden.

The bars to the right of the chat frame are not skinned. And they have more padding between the buttons and the border than your other bars do. This makes them look a bit out of place.

Borders around Quartz, PitBull, and map coordinates do not match those of your eePanels. A unified border goes a long way.

The time from SLTimex is a tad too close to Quartz. They're almost touching. It seems like they would overlap if hours were in the double digits.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » My first UI... Can u guys help me improve it?