07-20-10, 09:00 AM   #2901
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Saiorse View Post
Hey! So I took the given advice to heart and this is what I came up with:

I need to do a bit of work on the raid frames, but I wanted to get a SS in before my server goes down for 24 hrs tomorrow T_T.

Once I fine tune some of the minor aspects, I'll upload it. Thoughts? I was thinking about making the raid frames the same size as the action bar squares... but I can't decide if that would make them too small.

C&C of course welcome.
I see two issues. 1), spacing of buffs should be the same as the spacing of actionbars, imo. 2), it's not uploaded

Great UI, I would love to try it out

07-20-10, 10:08 AM   #2902
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nin View Post
About colors, i tend too always like the vivid color too be the background color. but i think it's because i prefer that from a healing perspective. i find it easier too spot lost health that way....

ouf_phanx ripoff incoming , trying too figure out ouf 1.4...

http://img835.imageshack.us/f/yadda.jpg/

Feels refreshing getting away a bit from the pixel stuff.
I really like your take on oUF_Phanx. I'd actually like to play around with that, if you decide (and are able, I forget what Phanx's policy is) to release it. If not, I might have to ripoff the ripoff!

07-20-10, 12:42 PM   #2903
treelet
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
About colors, i tend too always like the vivid color too be the background color. but i think it's because i prefer that from a healing perspective. i find it easier too spot lost health that way....

ouf_phanx ripoff incoming , trying too figure out ouf 1.4...

http://img835.imageshack.us/f/yadda.jpg/

Feels refreshing getting away a bit from the pixel stuff.

Gasp! I loved this ThinSquare non-pixel experiment the first time you did it (Jan or Feb this year). My only complaint is the that the party names are just a pixel too close to the bottom border and the spacing seems inconsistent between the yellow exclamation + name and the red exclamation + name. Otherwise it is fantastic! I'm excited to see where you go with it.

07-20-10, 02:31 PM   #2904
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I'm changing up CenarfiUI (my latest WIP), mostly to include class colored HP deficit, and to make it a bit more healer friendly (since I'm focusing more on Pally healing now :P) I still don't know where to put the party frames... any ideas?

OOC
In Combat

07-20-10, 06:14 PM   #2905
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

Just some Unitframes i made quickly :P Ignore the rest of the UI. Not very original but i like them

07-20-10, 08:55 PM   #2906
Saiorse
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Politig View Post
I see two issues. 1), spacing of buffs should be the same as the spacing of actionbars, imo. 2), it's not uploaded

Great UI, I would love to try it out
Ooo thanks! That's a great idea. Unfortunately my server is still down until 3am my time, but I will work on it a bit tomorrow. Again thanks for the tip!

07-21-10, 11:33 AM   #2907
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Firedancer View Post
Not sure about phanx license either, i wouldnt mind sharing it if i ever finish it up, struggling quite a bit with errors with ouf 1.4, maybe im meant too just stick with my old stuff ;_;

But if i decide too finish it up and it's a green light with phanx i'll let you know.

Originally Posted by treelet View Post
Thanks! Lots are really off atm, ironing out the major things and doing the polishing afterwards when i got everything functioning.

Nothing much changed here. but here's a little peek of latest adjustments.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4375/wipvw.jpg

Testing how i want aggro too show, it's either gonna be the icon or the bar color. not both. im just struggling with space and positions for everything.. no clue where i want raidicons (atm they show on top of aggro icon)

Gonna try have health text show on top of icons. can be good if there's longer debuffs on a player. otherwise you wont see health lost until like 50% :P

Suggestions,flames,cookie giveaways?

-_-v

07-21-10, 11:45 AM   #2908
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

/sigh

Have at it...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-21-10, 01:01 PM   #2909
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Raid shot.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9...2010165830.jpg

Gief ideas. :>

07-21-10, 01:22 PM   #2910
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
id give the raid frames a little more love. border on icons. and im not sure what that white is with red border, i quess aggro?

give red names for aggro or just the border red are two suggestions, and also try a letter limit on 4-5 letters too avoid the "name".. :>

try increase the panels by 1 or 2 pixels. they look like theyre exactly big enough too fit the font text.

Tried having dbm above raidframes? or do you use a second dbm bar too?

Thats it, thats all! (awesome snowboardmovie btw.. ops offtopic) !

other than that i like it! =)

07-21-10, 01:25 PM   #2911
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
id give the raid frames a little more love. border on icons. and im not sure what that white is with red border, i quess aggro?

give red names for aggro or just the border red are two suggestions, and also try a letter limit on 4-5 letters too avoid the "name".. :>

try increase the panels by 1 or 2 pixels. they look like theyre exactly big enough too fit the font text.

Tried having dbm above raidframes? or do you use a second dbm bar too?

Thats it, thats all! (awesome snowboardmovie btw.. ops offtopic) !

other than that i like it! =)
I'm not sure about that border on icons, tried it before but without success. I'll give it an other go though.

Red border is aggro, I quite like that way. ^^

Panels, yup I can change that... as you can see, the long duration DBM bars are in the top left while the short durations move to under the player frame.

Thanks for the feedback.

07-22-10, 02:21 AM   #2912
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Your topleft dbm bar doesn't seem to be alligned to anything really. Your raidfrarmes don't align like actionbars and chat. Having gigantic raid icons is kinda ****ing up your raidframes . Like NiN said, your top and bottom panels seem to be a pixel or 2 short.
Also remove the location text imo, I have no idea why so many people actually use it.

And do your UF's health bars deplete from left to right? For some reason I like the good old right to left more. :P

07-22-10, 08:06 AM   #2913
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Your topleft dbm bar doesn't seem to be alligned to anything really. Your raidfrarmes don't align like actionbars and chat. Having gigantic raid icons is kinda ****ing up your raidframes . Like NiN said, your top and bottom panels seem to be a pixel or 2 short.
Also remove the location text imo, I have no idea why so many people actually use it.

And do your UF's health bars deplete from left to right? For some reason I like the good old right to left more. :P
I actually quite like the DBM bars yet, they're not in the way yet still visible. They're about equally off the left and top edges of the screen so that's okay imo.

Raid frames and chat aligning... Good point, I'll look into it.

I like the location text for some reason, don't ask me why. I just don't like not having it.

My UFs health bars don't deplate from left to right, that's just a very bad raid.

07-22-10, 08:41 AM   #2914
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Location text tells you when you're in the correct sub-zone for quests and such.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-22-10, 10:17 AM   #2915
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Location text tells you when you're in the correct sub-zone for quests and such.
Yeah, tried to live without it for a while. And even if I really prefer to get rid of as most stuff as possible, I do missed the zone text while questing.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

07-22-10, 02:44 PM   #2916
Unkn
Premium Member

Not sure about phanx license either, i wouldnt mind sharing it .....

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4375/wipvw.jpg

Testing how i want aggro too show, it's either gonna be the icon or the bar color. not both. im just struggling with space and positions for everything.. no clue where i want raidicons (atm they show on top of aggro icon)

Gonna try have health text show on top of icons. can be good if there's longer debuffs on a player. otherwise you wont see health lost until like 50% :P

Suggestions,flames,cookie giveaways?

-_-v

How about adding a glow behind the border for aggro? or even coloring the border itself.

And a question, did you resize the debuff icon? I remember seeing it smaller and fitting in the frame. As it is now, it would be hard to heal with debuff icon that large since you cant see if someones missing about a third of their hp.

I do love the "button" feel of the frames. I always end up going back to my flat style for everything. But these look very awesome. What kinda cookie do you want?

07-22-10, 05:12 PM   #2917
Munglunch
Premium Member

Premium Member
A couple screens..

Last edited by Munglunch : 07-22-10 at 05:19 PM.

07-22-10, 05:20 PM   #2918
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I like that, it's crazy.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

07-22-10, 05:43 PM   #2919
Munglunch
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I like that, it's crazy.
I'm not sure if that was for me but I'll steal the compliment!! Thank you!
Always been a big fan of your originality as well, in fact my first UI was a rendition of a few of yours...
.... http://www.wowinterface.com/download...80-MungUI.html

07-22-10, 07:23 PM   #2920
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Genious Munglunch
The "Meanwhile.." cracked me up ;D

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...