10-25-08, 12:52 PM   #1
hollymeP
A Murloc Raider

Can anyone Suggest a Minimap Addon

Cann anyone suggest a minimap addon that allows me to move the minimap and maybe even make it square. I am trying to free up the top of my screen on WoW and the map drives me crazy up there. Any suggestions? TY in advance.
10-25-08, 01:03 PM   #2
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

pMinimap,RicoMiniMap,Chinchilla,BasicMinimap,simpleMinimap.
10-25-08, 04:07 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There are more, too.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat24.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-25-08, 04:25 PM   #4
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

I'm quite partial to Chinchilla. Only just today, I discovered it has even more features that I wasn't aware of such as repositioning of OTHER UI elements...like the annoying zone objectives.

-T.
10-25-08, 04:27 PM   #5
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

My current faves are PocketPlot and pMinimap. At this moment, I prefer pMinimap just because of the arrangement of the elements it has in the frame.
10-25-08, 05:17 PM   #6
Arabeth
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I am using Squeenix
10-26-08, 12:49 PM   #7
hollymeP
A Murloc Raider

Thanks

TY I decided to try Chinchilla and So far I am liking it, altho my mailbox notify is missing, along with my battleground button. Eh I will find them :P
10-26-08, 01:30 PM   #8
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

Check to make sure another minimap button isn't covering them. You can right-click your minimap to bring up Chinchilla's preferences. Look in there for "Move Buttons". Fiddle with the settings for Mail and Battleground and see if the buttons show up. They won't be visible unless you have unread mail or are in a queue for a BG, though.

-T.
11-07-08, 05:01 PM   #9
ryanhamshire
A Murloc Raider
WoW++

WoW++ auto-hides the zoom buttons and some other things (including parts of your main action bar) until you mouse-over. That can free-up some space on your screen.
11-07-08, 05:08 PM   #10
Narune
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

SexyMap is a new mod to me, but I absolutely love it. It gives you a tonne of control over the minimap display. It has a very rubust Configuration UI. It allows minimap moving, and movement of things like the quest tracker and durability frame. Hiding of all/any buttons attached to the minimap (can be set to be always hidden, or to show on minimap hover) Sexy minimap border options, extremely configurable, with several presets. Ping notification (via chat, or directly displayed onthe minimap, or both) Mousewheel minimap zoom, and auto zoom-out. It's SO much better than anythign I've seen up until now.

You can find it at Wowace.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Can anyone Suggest a Minimap Addon