05-08-09, 02:00 PM   #1
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

Exclamation wow crashing AGAIN

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=19606

its happening again since 3.1 =(

to recap:

every time i fly through northrend (whether by flight path or flying mount) each time i change zones or subzones, there is a chance my game crashes (exact error on other thread)

Thaoky hit the nail on the head last time and it was fixed when Vista SP1 was installed. well now its happening again and i don't know if its addons, blizz or windows causing it. if anyone knows whats happening please let me know. thanks.
05-08-09, 02:06 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The best thing you can do is to post your latest error log text file (the entire thing) over at the Tech Support forums. The technicians (and some of the regular volunteers) know how to read those files (the techs have a special tool to read them). They can better pinpoint your issue and get you the help you need a lot faster over there than here.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...Id=11110&sid=1
05-08-09, 02:24 PM   #3
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

i'm sure they will be able to solve it. remove addons, delete wtf folder. yay its fixed

but yes, thanks, i will post there only because it couldn't hurt. maybe they will suprise me.

i'm also running windows update now (disabled due to the impeccable timing on rebooting me without warning)

we'll see, thanks again
05-08-09, 02:32 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Aye, I know it's frustrating But those steps are necessary to rule out any issues with addons or corrupt files in those directories. It's pretty much S.O.P. to do that bit first and get it out of the way. Those error logs can tell the technicians a lot about your issue most times. I've even seen some error logs help them find bugs in the game.. so it never hurts to post them.
05-08-09, 02:49 PM   #5
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Just curious (as I have had the same issue), are you running either new latest Cartogropher or Cartogropher3? I have found that it has caused a small memory leak and anytime I fly over Northrend I will crash to the desktop when zoning or after traveling over one of the larger zones.

If you have Cartogropher you may try disabling just that and giving it a try.

BTW as far as I know this info has been expressed on the cartogropher forums or comments section.

05-08-09, 03:18 PM   #6
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

nope, mapster.
05-08-09, 03:49 PM   #7
Evolution85
A Black Drake

What Anti Virus do you use?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » wow crashing AGAIN