03-06-10, 11:54 PM   #201
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Scott, one of my guildies that uses nUI has asked me to relay this to you.

The keybind issue at the moment he only gets when zoning out of ICC. I told him to come to the forums and try your possible fix out. So hopefully he will

03-07-10, 05:16 AM   #202
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Okay -- let's give this a go... save the attached file in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Bars ] and let me know if it resolves any of the key bindings issues for you.

There are two issues we're looking for a fix to:
  1. After installing this patch file, and logging back into WoW, do you still have characters that you have to do a '/nui rl' before their key bindings show, or does this patch resolve that problem for you?
  2. After installing this patch file, do you still have problems with the key bindings not updating to the correct actions when shape shifting as a druid, entering/leaving stealth as a rogue, entering/leaving shadow form as a priest or stance dancing as a warrior?
Please let me know your results.

after putting it in and login I still got to do a /nui rl

03-07-10, 08:50 AM   #203
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Nightmare_Lord and anyone else who is having problems with key bindings not showing up when you log in on certain toons... could you please try two things for me and let me know the detailed results.

1) Disable *all* of your mods and log in on that same toon... do the key bindings show up? If they do, enable nothing except nUI and log back in... do they fail to show up now?

2) If they still don't show up with only nUI enabled, use the ctrl-alt-right-click interface on an action button to change the binding on any action button. After changing the binding, log out and back in, do the bindings show up now?

Also, those of you who are having issues with the key bindings not appearing when you log in, please tell me if you are using account wide key bindings or character specific key bindings.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-07-10, 09:18 AM   #204
deanna2028
A Kobold Labourer
Key Bindings

I have had problems with the key bindings when I change the window size or if I switch toons. It has occasionally happened if I have alt-tabbed for some reason as well.

03-07-10, 09:22 AM   #205
Ichibi
A Kobold Labourer
my key bindings just vanished if i switched to my other talents while in shadow form. if i deavtivate shadow form and switch talents, the bindings wont be deleted.
maybe my hint helps a little cause i imagine it could be the same if a druid switches talents in any form.

03-07-10, 09:24 AM   #206
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ichibi View Post
my key bindings just vanished if i switched to my other talents while in shadow form. if i deavtivate shadow form and switch talents, the bindings wont be deleted.
maybe my hint helps a little cause i imagine it could be the same if a druid switches talents in any form.
Thats interesting. Did you try it without nUI to see if the problem persists there. It sounds like the combination of remaking the actionbars as well as setting the relevant keybinds may be a little skewed.

03-07-10, 11:42 AM   #207
Pyhäkostaja
A Kobold Labourer
keybinding messed up

im having this keybind reset/loss on my all toons also and it doesnt matter if i use character specific or account wide bindings they reset/lose bindings and usually it happens when im using vehicles/mounts with (vehicle) bar, after i jump out from vehicle/mount my bindings are gone for good. sometimes it happens also when i log in and bindings are gone.

hopefully you are able to find this bug or blizz (mess code) and you are able to fix it.

good work anyways with your UI addon, its a piece of art

03-07-10, 12:54 PM   #208
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I created a new tauren druid yesterday, and ran her to Silvermoon (that's all I did with her, save pick up a couple flight paths and greet some elders). Today when I logged in, I noticed that the keybinds weren't showing up. I ran a little test - key 3 is bound (blizz default) to "war stomp". So I hit key 3. STOMP!

So, per your request, Scott. I logged out, disabled all addons, and logged back in. The (default, I presumed, since I'd set no bindings in nUI at this point) keybinds showed up. Logged out, enabled nUI only, logged in. No binds. I also noticed that the "<ctrl-alt-rightclick> to set key binds" note did not appear in the tooltip. Hit <ctrl-alt-rightclick>, got the keybind window, bound slot 1 to key 1. Logged out, logged back in. All 3 binds now show up.

Changed the slot 1 bind to 4, just to see what would happen. Now after logging out and back in, "4" shows up on the button, and hitting 4 activates that ability. Hitting 1 (which is still the Blizz default) does nothing. Changing the bind back to 1, all the binds still show up, and 1 works for button 1 (4 no longer does anything).

I'm going to add a few addons to the list on this toon. I'll report back if that causes the keybind problem again.

03-07-10, 01:15 PM   #209
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I added the following, in the order noted:

Bug grabber/bugsack
Auctioneer and auc- modules, and stubby
BeanCounter
Arkinventory

The first three caused no problem. When I added ArkInventory (AI), the problem recurred. I checked the keybinds window - the nUI binds are not listed. Bound key 1 to nUI button 1, logged out, logged back in. The binds show up.

Logged out, disabled AI, logged back in. Bindings show up. Logged out, re-enabled AI, logged back in. Bindings still show up.

03-07-10, 01:32 PM   #210
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Interesting, I wonder why ArkInventory would cause a key bind conflict.

03-07-10, 02:12 PM   #211
Chmee
A Molten Giant
After AI, added

Auditor
Altoholic
BankStack
DataStore
Enchantrix
Postal
Informant
GemHelper
Enchantrix Barker

After I loaded GH, I went to the AH. Got a message while configuring auctioneer that Enchantrix wasn't loaded (although it seems to me it should have been) so I went out and added Barker to the list. When I logged back in, the keybinds were missing. Bound key 1 to button 1, logged out and back in, bindings are back.

03-07-10, 04:43 PM   #212
SequoiaRaven
A Kobold Labourer
Actions From Email Completed

Hey K. Scott,

I have followed the actions you have requested in your email on two separate toons and here are my results....

It appears that none of my addons (I have provided a list below) effect the keybindings within nUI.

It appears that tho my keybindings do not show on my nUI interface, wow seems to remember them. I found this by entering the wow interface's default keybinding interface and changing my bindings. At the bottom of the interface, when i changed my Action Bar 1, Button 1 from my nUI binding to the default wow binding, I was alerted that my nUI binding had changed.

Finally, I have found that a simple /reload ui command causes the nUI bindings to show or not (depending on if they were showing at the time of the command). I have also found this with the /nui reload command.

I hope this helps. I really enjoy nUI.

I play a Druid, have the lastest version of nUI+, use general keybindings as opposed to character specific and use the following addons with my nUI intallation:

SCT (Scrolling Combat Text)
Recount
Omen
Fubar
fubar_bagfu
fubar_clockfu
fubar_compass
fubar_durabilityfu
fubar_gearfu
fubar_mailfu
ArkInventory
AckisRecipeList
Prat 3.0
TradeTabs

03-07-10, 04:57 PM   #213
Morandar
A Defias Bandit
When I first started using nUI (during the 3.2 patch era), my key bindings would not show up on my druid at login (a simple /nUI rl always solved it though), but my other toons would be fine. Now, my druid is almost always fine but now my shaman always needs a reload. I have a DK on my main server that's fine, but a DK and a rogue on another server that always need reloads.

I have the same key bindings for all my toons, and nUI is my only addon that deals with my action bars. I got a new computer a few weeks ago so I was able to look through and decide which addons I actually used vs. the ones that I tried and were just taking up space.

03-07-10, 05:20 PM   #214
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Nightmare_Lord and anyone else who is having problems with key bindings not showing up when you log in on certain toons... could you please try two things for me and let me know the detailed results.

1) Disable *all* of your mods and log in on that same toon... do the key bindings show up? If they do, enable nothing except nUI and log back in... do they fail to show up now?

2) If they still don't show up with only nUI enabled, use the ctrl-alt-right-click interface on an action button to change the binding on any action button. After changing the binding, log out and back in, do the bindings show up now?

Also, those of you who are having issues with the key bindings not appearing when you log in, please tell me if you are using account wide key bindings or character specific key bindings.
What I did: Completely reset everything down to default settings with default UI for a fresh testing bed.

Deleted Cache.
Renamed Interface to Interface.bac
Renamed WTF to WTF.bac
Renamed Fonts to Fonts.bac
Logged into game.

All keybinds are present, accept for 3 toons. Those toons had been reset to Character Specific Keybindings and I'm not sure when this happened. I've always had my characters use account wide keybinds. I would like to note that these three toons are the exact same toons that were having the keybind issues. I've set those characters back to where I had them, and logged in and out of the game several times. No loss of keybinds.

Deleted Cache, Interface and WTF folders. Created Interface\Addons and installed nUI. Logged back into the game. No loss of keybinds at first.. I kept exiting and logging back in and eventually keybinds disappeared on those same characters. However, they are still set to account wide keybinds. As soon as I opened the Keybind window to check and I clicked on the Ok button, my keybinds returned.

Edit: On a different note; While I was testing with only nUI installed, I reset my guild MOTD. As soon as I reset it, my fonts in the chatbox changed to enormous! Try as I might I cannot seem to replicate this either.

Last edited by Petrah : 03-07-10 at 05:27 PM.

03-07-10, 05:56 PM   #215
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

KK Scott I took 3 screenshots of what happened with no addon and just NUI (non of the other addon for nui like your aura bar)

Sceenshot 1 shows no addon installed on a fresh toon I made on a new server.

Sceenshot 2 shows just nui

Screenshot 3 shows just nui but what happens sometimes now on me and my friend.

I got through each addon and see if any of them are stoping the bindings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Test 1 No Addons.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	4061  Click image for larger version

Name:	Test 2 Nui Part a.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	4062  Click image for larger version

Name:	Test 2 Part B Nui Breaking.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	4063  

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 03-07-10 at 06:21 PM.

03-07-10, 06:06 PM   #216
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation

It never fails... I just put out the 5.06.09 update and I have a eureka moment. I *think* I have a real fix for the problem of no key bindings at login.

Those of you having this problem, please try installing the attached nUI_ButtonBar.lua file in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Bars ] and log into WoW.

Please let me know if this patch fixes the problem for you or not.

Attached Files
File Type: lua nUI_ButtonBar.lua (31.6 KB, 561 views)

03-07-10, 06:27 PM   #217
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It never fails... I just put out the 5.06.09 update and I have a eureka moment. I *think* I have a real fix for the problem of no key bindings at login.

Those of you having this problem, please try installing the attached nUI_ButtonBar.lua file in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Bars ] and log into WoW.

/hides

I just installed the new nUI Release and installed your patch. It doesn't work. *cry*. However, I did revert back to my normal folders with all of the addons I use and my normal WTF folder with all of my settings. I wont be able to do regular testing again until late tonight or tomorrow.

03-07-10, 06:46 PM   #218
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

kk 1st its doing the error when nothing loads in the panel more now, also seems now the keybinds don't want to show up all the time with just nui as it was doing, its like 50% the key are showing, and 50% keys are not showing, and all I was doing was login and out with just nui enable.

*Edit kk having going through all addon it seems it doesn't matter, during the 50% where the keybinds show up they do it with any addon, during the 50% when the binding don't show on the bar doesn't matter what the addon is they don't show up. also when I enable Dominos addon gets broken when before it would show the keybinds while nui didn't. I using Dominos to try to figure out what they did to keep the binding working but no luck on that.

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 03-07-10 at 06:57 PM.

03-07-10, 06:52 PM   #219
spiel2001
nUI's Author

/sigh

This is getting annoying.

I hate is when a problem has me stumped.

03-07-10, 06:58 PM   #220
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm sorry Scott. I know yer bustin your arse to fix this. Hope you know how much we appreciate it!

Code:
3/7 16:55:24.826  An action was blocked in combat because of taint from nUI - SaveBindings()
3/7 16:55:24.826      Interface\AddOns\nUI\Bars\nUI_ButtonBar.lua:313
This is causing the Blizz error box to pop up asking if you want to change to general keybindings (or something.. getting this from Grimdore over the phone). This error also popped up for me, but it seems its only on characters who are using character specific keybindings.

I get this taint error either way.

Last edited by Petrah : 03-07-10 at 07:01 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Keybinds wiping out